Coronavirus

faraway saint

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
9 hours ago, lugton said:
My self employed business was shut down on Wednesday and I can't open till this Monday coming. so zero income in that period.
I was told over the phone that via track and trace that I was within 2 metres of somebody that was positive on 31st August. 
So I've been shut down because of a grassing cnut. I am fit and healthy.
So isolation for 5 days. It would haven 14 days but it's been backdated from 31st August.
Scandalous

You do realise you could be asymptomatic?

You do realise he almost certainly doesn’t have it?

You do realise the person he was in contact with probably didn’t have it either?

But hey, it’s easy to be smug about ruining other folk’s livelihoods when you’ve got a guaranteed income working from home.

Edited by Sue Denim

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Been discussed with you dozens of times why Sweden isn't a like for like comparison with Scotland or the UK. There's 100s of other countries out there and the evidence still points to lockdown being the right call. Imagine how many more people wold have died in the UK without one and how many people in Sweden would have been saved when you look at the death numbers of some of the nations around them. 

Sweden has similar mortality to Denmark and Finland this year.

If the UK hadn’t locked down then my guess is that there would have been around 30,000 LESS deaths.

“Seen it”? [emoji23]
Have you figured out the difference between “your” and “you’re” yet? [emoji23]
You really are stupid 
I may be stupid but remember you'll always be known as #thichasfcuk. [emoji23]

Who in there right mind posts a picture of themselves and boasts about breaking lockdown and put others in danger. That's just asking for trouble for themselves and anyone else they implicated. [emoji23]

[emoji109]
"
"
"
"
[emoji441]

If the UK hadn’t locked down then my guess is that there would have been around 30,000 LESS deaths.

I think you are allowed to claim that as a "fact" under the apparent new definition of the word. :whistle

16 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

It isn't the only parameter given the variables. Sweden strategy observably cost lives. Your second point is overwhelmingly baseless and contradictory to what we know to date. 

Friend of mine runs his son’s football team (primary school age). He actually was a decent junior player himself and captained Scotland at under 16 level and was at Leeds in the days of Smith, Batty, Speed, Kewell et al (in the reserves that is)

Anyway, to the story. 

First game tomorrow. The parents aren’t allowed to attend the game. Not even allowed to stand socially distanced away from each other in the open air.

So instead, they’re meeting in a restaurant for breakfast.....

I fear this lunacy is here for the long haul 

Edited by Sue Denim

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It isn't the only parameter given the variables. Sweden strategy observably cost lives. Your second point is overwhelmingly baseless and contradictory to what we know to date. 

As Sweden’s overall mortality this year is no different from previous years, their strategy obviously hasn’t cost any lives.

As for your second point, there have been 4,893 excess deaths in Scotland this year.

There have also been 3,225 non Covid excess deaths this year in care homes and homes. That’s 2/3s of the excess deaths. This is a fact. Source NRS.

Extrapolate that to the U.K. as a whole and you are talking 40,000 excess deaths caused by lockdown.

What is baseless is the notion that lockdown saved anyone 

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

As Sweden’s overall mortality this year is no different from previous years, their strategy obviously hasn’t cost any lives.

As for your second point, there have been 4,893 excess deaths in Scotland this year.

There have also been 3,225 non Covid excess deaths this year in care homes and homes. That’s 2/3s of the excess deaths. This is a fact. Source NRS.

Extrapolate that to the U.K. as a whole and you are talking 40,000 excess deaths caused by lockdown.

What is baseless is the notion that lockdown saved anyone 

Do you know what you get swimming against the tide? Sore arms. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Friend of mine runs his son’s football team (primary school age). He actually was a decent junior player himself and captained Scotland at under 16 level and was at Leeds in the days of Smith, Batty, Speed, Kewell et al (in the reserves that is)

Anyway, to the story. 

First game tomorrow. The parents aren’t allowed to attend the game. Not even allowed to stand socially distanced away from each other in the open air.

So instead, they’re meeting in a restaurant for breakfast.....

I fear this lunacy is here for the long haul 

I agree it is lunacy to meet up for breakfast 

As an interesting aside, I wonder how many more weeks of virtually no deaths and virtually no hospitalisations it will take before those in charge realise their mistake of obsessing over made up idealised computational transmission factors and test results which are likely to be rendered almost useless by overwhelming false positives from dead virus traces?