Coronavirus

faraway saint

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1334770/China-coronavirus-cover-up-man-made-proof-Wuhan-weapons-lab-conspiracy-theory-COVID-origin

Ooft, can you imagine if it comes out that Trump was right all along. He'd never shut up about it, would become an obsession...

Reminds me a bit of @oaksoft and his obsession with me. A guy that got so upset he put me on ignore but has brought me up on not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 occasions already this month (and 6 times in August) following the apparent steps to "ignore" me. :whistle

...Feck me your patter is as brutal asbazil's.

...This is what being overcautious does and why those types of people (theBazil's and TPAK thingies if you will)

...Your response to that reasonable request is to behave exactly likebazil. 

...The likes of TPAK thingy andbazil would be singing a different tune if they had lost their jobs

I see from LJB's post quoting him thatbazil is still behaving like a smug arsehole.

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1334770/China-coronavirus-cover-up-man-made-proof-Wuhan-weapons-lab-conspiracy-theory-COVID-origin

Ooft, can you imagine if it comes out that Trump was right all along. He'd never shut up about it, would become an obsession...

Reminds me a bit of @oaksoft and his obsession with me. A guy that got so upset he put me on ignore but has brought me up on not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 occasions already this month (and 6 times in August) following the apparent steps to "ignore" me. :whistle

...Feck me your patter is as brutal asbazil's.

...This is what being overcautious does and why those types of people (theBazil's and TPAK thingies if you will)

...Your response to that reasonable request is to behave exactly likebazil. 

...The likes of TPAK thingy andbazil would be singing a different tune if they had lost their jobs

I see from LJB's post quoting him thatbazil is still behaving like a smug arsehole.

Well... that post certainly proves you're neither anal nor self-obsessive Bazil.  :whistle

I dunno wot Trump has now said (nor wish to know) but it is well known that several countries have labs which have been researching viruses (and their antidotes) in their labs.  That is why UK labs were so quick to recognise novochuk and provide mitigating antidotes for it.

Trump is able to get some aspects of his ravings and ramblings in the right ball park.

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Well... that post certainly proves you're neither anal nor self-obsessive Bazil.  :whistle

I dunno wot Trump has now said (nor wish to know) but it is well known that several countries have labs which have been researching viruses (and their antidotes) in their labs.  That is why UK labs were so quick to recognise novochuk and provide mitigating antidotes for it.

Trump is able to get some aspects of his ravings and ramblings in the right ball park.

If people like yourself and Oakstar insist on bringing me up in such manners, I'll keep addressing it. You're of course more than welcome to keep doing it. I have told you the solution to this many times though. 

As for the rest of your post, I feel you may have missed the point a wee bit. It was little more than a link back to Trump's previous claims he had evidence Covid19 was made in a Chinese lab and this news story. 

After I posted last week that Carl Heneghan of Oxford Uni has highlighted that Scotland were over counting Covid hospital admissions, I see today that Sturgeon has been forced to come out with a new definition of a Covid hospital admission.

People were counted if were in hospital for an unrelated condition but had tested positive for Covid. Under old measure, 262 today; New measure, 48. 

There are approx 13,000 hospital beds in Scotland. About a third are empty at the moment after the SNP threw thousands of elderly and suck people out of hospital and sent them to their deaths in care homes or at home.

So that’s less than 0.4% of hospital beds occupied by Covid patients just now.

All restrictions should be lifted immediately. 

Edited by Sue Denim

Coronavirus: NHS staff off work due to testing shortages, say bosses https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54156889

Oh dear. NHS staff unable to get tested and are off work all because the governments have ramped up testing of healthy people in the community in an effort to find false positives.

There is no let up in the lunacy 

14 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Mortality in Sweden over the past few years.

Lockdown wouldn’t have saved any lives @bazil85 as mortality this year is similar to past years. 

EFD59D5A-4B14-4623-BF12-D350F54603CE.png

Still doesn't change the fact Sweden isn't a like for like example for the UK given many, many factors. Given arguably more comparable nations to Sweden, Sweden resulted in many avoidable deaths by not locking down. 

Lockdown correct call, your favourite factor "excessive deaths" points to that being the case. Just look at the excessive deaths in UK over March - May linked to Covid19, by far the biggest impact.

You can continue to have a view that the people that would have died with no lockdown are expendable, I just value human life more than you. 

16 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Latest (Nonsense, made up, inaccurate and irrelevant) estimates of R in the UK

Oh dear, there will be English protests on the border next to keep Scotland out of England 😂

F83DEE0E-6971-4570-A7B5-44104C396ADA.jpeg

Speculate how bad it would have been if we had no lockdown at all and vastly reduced/ removed restrictions as you've campaigned for. Yet another illustration of how you've been wrong all along. 👍

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Speculate how bad it would have been if we had no lockdown at all and vastly reduced/ removed restrictions as you've campaigned for. Yet another illustration of how you've been wrong all along. 👍

We already know that UK had shutdown too slow, too late.  That cost a lot of lives... and caused NHS to be put under much more stress than necessary.  

Restrictions have been ad hoc, always changing and never convincingly applied.

Too slow in implementation and too slow to revert to normality.

Government by feckless amateurs.

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

We already know that UK had shutdown too slow, too late.  That cost a lot of lives... and caused NHS to be put under much more stress than necessary.  

Agreed, hindsight a wonderful thing but I feel the situations in places like Italy and Spain should have been a catalyst for us to act sooner

Also agreed, I personally would probably have been stricter and had more in place longer but I'm by no means an expert (something that is true of all on here yet many won't accept). Just a view I've gathered from the information we've been drip-fed. (like the rest of this)

Normality is a long way off and rightfully so. I strongly disagree we've been "too slow" to get there, that suggests we should be in a normal state now... That may be your view, I think it's a strange one given how prevalent the virus still is.  

There's always going to be an argument that they were acting with one hand behind their backs given the unknowns about this virus, lessons learned but I agree they could have done better. 

5 hours ago, antrin said:

I see from your quote that @bazil85 has referenced me.

Can someone explain to this person that I have had them on ignore for a month or so and so generally I'm not seeing these types of post.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, antrin said:

We know nothing of the sort and can't possibly know whether it saved or cost lives.

We can guess that lockdown might well have worked, but that's all we can do. There's plenty of credible scientists out there for both sides of that argument.

We know nothing of the sort and can't possibly know whether it saved or cost lives.
We can guess that lockdown might well have worked, but that's all we can do. There's plenty of credible scientists out there for both sides of that argument.
You must be wrong because apparently it's a FACT that lives were saved because of lockdown. :whistle

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We do know.

And there can be no CREDIBLE scientists on both sides.  

politicians arguing both sides maybe.

54 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Cases in the UK have been on the rise for over 2 weeks, still no sign of this dreaded increase in deaths. 

Seems the biggest crises is testing, not the NHS. 

There is a a shortage of tests because such a panic has been created that people who don't need tests are trying to get them.

If I see another vox pop of people crying about not getting a test through their ill fitting masks, like an extra from Bo Selecta, I'm going to explode.

Edited by Hendo

12 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I see from your quote that @bazil85 has referenced me.

Can someone explain to this person that I have had them on ignore for a month or so and so generally I'm not seeing these types of post.

Don't worry Oaks, I know the logic behind how the "ignore" function works. These posts do seem to get back to the individuals regardless... In my view if you didn't want to engage with me, you wouldn't reference me several times a month. 🤷‍♂️