Coronavirus

faraway saint

22 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That was just a media creation, give the nation a feelgood story to take their mind off the shit going on, or the fact those in power had used the situation as a power grab on human rights.

Plus, it reinforces the notion that the NHS is a charity. Load of bollocks, the NHS should be paid for by government through taxes, not from some old codger walking round his garden and allowing the media to make the old war comparison.

It's amazing so many people fell for it.

Your missing the point Hen... media creation or not, here was a old man of 100 { or old codger as you called him} who served in the second world war, and wasn't sitting in his chair dribbling, or sitting on his labtop dribbling either,  So if a vaccine becomes available I think he and his kind deserve to have first option if they choose to have it, 

That's just my opinion of course.  

39 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Your missing the point Hen... media creation or not, here was a old man of 100 { or old codger as you called him} who served in the second world war, and wasn't sitting in his chair dribbling, or sitting on his labtop dribbling either,  So if a vaccine becomes available I think he and his kind deserve to have first option if they choose to have it, 

That's just my opinion of course.  

Aww, he's a national treasure isn't he? Makes you proud to be British, it does.

FFS.

My prediction is that wee nippy will close pubs and restaurants, ban any mixing with other households, introduce a travel limit and tell people to work from home. She always has to go that bit further.

I have to agree with you on that. I wouldn’t be surprised if she stopped the football for two weeks and closed the schools as well.

43 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

. I wouldn’t be surprised if she stopped the football for two weeks 

Looks like football will continue but the up and coming “Ugly Sisters” derby will be postponed. 👏👏👏

14 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Squirm squirm, wriggle wriggle.

I was replying to a post that stated some clown/expert had predicted 500,000 deaths.

You said the worst case scenarios was UP TO half that figure. You were WRONG. 

I'm not trying to prove anything, I stated my view on these early predictions and have since stated my view on todays latest scaremongering figure of 50,000 cases a day, what do you think on that as a possible outcome? 

You seem up set. 

The paper does say 500,000 but then goes on to say that prediction is unrealistic, it makes a lower estimate based on likely scenarios, The worst case realistic  scenario is about half that figure. It you read the paper it makes sense. If you pull out meaningless sound bites then it doesn't.  

Also we did undertake measures to prevent that worst case. So you cannot say what would have happened if we had not initiated measures to control the virus. 

Again that figure of 50,000 cases does seem high. I did not see the interview. Was he talking about new cases or active cases? For new cases it sounds high. So far we've not seen anything like that (although I suspect we had a lot more cases than we recorded particularly at Cheltenham). If he's talking about active cases then that might be possible. 

20 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think it's gaps in the NHS that are more of an issue.

I have seen at first hand the reduced services now given to those with non Covid related conditions. Everything is about Covid, and other conditions have been entirely forgotten about.

I don't deny services have been cut back due to covid, obviously they have. (and rightfully so to protect some of the most vulnerable in our society). My point is on this story and the clear spin. We are in a horrible situation, there was never a solution where everyone came out of it alive and there were always going to be stories of this nature. It doesn't mean the actions taken weren't the right ones. 

20 hours ago, Hendo said:

I also seem to recall in March these very same experts were predicting half a million deaths in UK if we did nothing. This is their tactic, introduce unfeasibly large numbers, followed by restrictions, at the end of which they can say "look how well the restrictions worked" ignoring the fact the number they started with was nonsense.

We didn't do nothing though did we? we have no idea how many more people would have died if we did "nothing" from what I can tell, no country in the world has done "nothing" 

This is a pandemic, it's showing signs that the virus is bouncing back at a potentially very alarming speed. Some people have been banging on that even more restrictions should have been getting lifted over the last few months, that is now observably wrong (if you want to protect the people vulnerable to this virus) 

Who the feck are you to call me, or anyone selfish?  
Are you expecting me, or anyone else, to be crying every time someone dies, either from Covid or any other illness, accident, etc? 
Are you some sort of Jesus figure who takes on the woes and troubles of the world? 
Your continued simplistic view on this, and any other subject, really should be ignored as you are a one trick pony with no ability to see the bigger picture.
Now, crawl back into your safe cave and leave other people to come to theirown conclusions. 

You're wasting your time.

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

Are you expecting me, or anyone else, to be crying every time someone dies, either from Covid or any other illness, accident, etc? 

Are you some sort of Jesus figure who takes on the woes and troubles of the world? 

Your continued simplistic view on this, and any other subject, really should be ignored as you are a one trick pony with no ability to see the bigger picture.

Now, crawl back into your safe cave and leave other people to come to theirown conclusions. 

Just someone making an observation.

Nope, a bit of understanding regarding the pandemic and action needs to be taken would do. But that's just my view, I don't "expect" anything from you regarding my view.

Nope, it isn't a bad thing or a feckin divine thing to care about others during a pandemic. 

My view is governed by expert advice by trained professionals in many relevant fields that's being given to multiple governments worldwide, hardly "simplistic" Baldy John knows better though I suppose 🤣

This is a discussion forum... 

6 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

You're wasting your time.

Hasn't stopped you... Even putting me on ignore hasn't stopped you.