Coronavirus

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's been about 6-10 weeks since this second wave started. How much of a time lag are you asking us to wait for?

TBH the numbers started climbing just over 4-5 weeks ago but, yes, we've been told it's a 2-3 week lag so we're well into the time when deaths would have been rising IF they had been even remotely close to the numbers back in March and April.

@Bud the Baker seems to be the only one who can't see this. 

I see he's wanting another 2 weeks. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's been about 6-10 weeks since this second wave started. How much of a time lag are you asking us to wait for?

It's already occurring as you admit in your other post.

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Cases are obviously rising but UK deaths are at about 50-60 per day and flat-lining over the last week.

Absolutely insignificant seeing as how this second wave has already been with us for well over a month.

How many people are in hospital in the UK with covid right now?

If it's already flatlining and I'm wrong then I'll be as glad as anyone. 

2428 in hospital for Covid in the UK on Oct 1 up from around 500 in mid-Sept see Graph 3

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/04/covid-cases-and-deaths-today-coronavirus-uk-map

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, theknickerwetter said:

Go look it up , google is your friend

I already knew. You claimed it was the Health Secretary, who is Jeane Freeman. It wasn't. It was Catherine Calderwood, the former Chief Medical Officer, who transgressed the rules.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

TBH the numbers started climbing just over 4-5 weeks ago but, yes, we've been told it's a 2-3 week lag so we're well into the time when deaths would have been rising IF they had been even remotely close to the numbers back in March and April.

@Bud the Baker seems to be the only one who can't see this. 

I see he's wanting another 2 weeks. :lol:

I've already mentioned that we have identified better medicines/treatments than we had in March/April so I would expect fatalities to be fewer and perhaps not so quick the second time around and I'm not the only one to have noticed this.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate-dropping-amid-better-icu-treatments-1.5122571

Direct comparisons between now & March/April are of limited value.

PS - It was @Russian Saint who wanted the extra two weeks.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I've already mentioned that we have identified better medicines/treatments than we had in March/April so I would expect fatalities to be fewer and perhaps not so quick the second time around and I'm not the only one to have noticed this.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate-dropping-amid-better-icu-treatments-1.5122571

Direct comparisons between now & March/April are of limited value.

PS - It was @Russian Saint who wanted the extra two weeks.

You've done nothing but muddy the water all day.

The initial point was that deaths are not proportional to the numbers of cases.

Therefore the current measures are not proportional, never mind another 2 week lockdown at Christmas.

🎅

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Therefore the current measures are not proportional, never mind another 2 week lockdown at Christmas.

🎅

The ratio between cases and deaths is better than it was in March/April as our treatments have improved, but it's not acceptable to compare todays cases numbers, with hospitalizations and deaths as there is a time lag - again I'll ask if you dispute that all three are currently rising?

I have agreed that some of the measures taken seem to be based on poor logic.

I am neither in favour or against a 2 week lockdown at Xmas - as I have already said I am in favour of making the decision before Halloween, not on the Winter Solstice. 

I am also firmly against a one day restriction of lockdown for Xmas Day.

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

🎅

Indeed. Currently around 1% of hospital beds in Scotland are occupied by Covid patients, we're hardly about to be overwhelmed.

However, you probably won't read that in the media. Instead, it'll be headlines like hospital admissions treble in two weeks, forgetting to mention that if you treble a very small number, it's still a very small number.

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The ratio between cases and deaths is better than it was in March/April as our treatments have improved, but it's not acceptable to compare todays cases numbers, with hospitalizations and deaths as there is a time lag - again I'll ask if you dispute that all three are currently rising?

I have agreed that some of the measures taken seem to be based on poor logic.

I am neither in favour or against a 2 week lockdown at Xmas - as I have already said I am in favour of making the decision before Halloween, not on the Winter Solstice. 

I am also firmly against a one day restriction of lockdown for Xmas Day.

I would question that's a major reason, never mind the only one.

The numbers in hospitals are nowhere near the numbers in the, very relevant, early months.

I do not know why the case numbers are not materializing into the hospitalisations or deaths, but they are not. 

Time lag......................when, exactly, do you think we should start this time lag? (another glib term)

I already knew. You claimed it was the Health Secretary, who is Jeane Freeman. It wasn't. It was Catherine Calderwood, the former Chief Medical Officer, who transgressed the rules.

The poor soul makes that much up it couldn't remember what it had written.

It even claimed that a Dr C Whitty had received £40million from Bill Gates.

If you're going to give someone a title, the least you can do is give them the correct one. Never mind claiming someone recieved money rather than the organisation they were employed with. It also got that amount wrong by approx £17 million. [emoji23]

The 4 people who died would not have contracted the disease in the last 2 days, there is no direct linkage between these people and the 1526 who tested positive there is a time lag  - your 0.5% figure is meaningless!
What we do know is that
  • Cases are rising
  • Hospitalizations are rising
  • Deaths  are rising
and that these facts need to be taken into consideration when making current decisions!
Let's look at the stats again in a fortnight [emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207][emoji207] - right back atya!
PS - I'm sure one of your compadres [mention=7588]stlucifer[/mention] said there were no deaths today,

The alleged 4 Covid deaths were on Friday, the figure of 1,526 was reported on STV, I’m assuming either for Friday & Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.

Out of that figure, I’ve no idea the age grouping, how many had underlying conditions or how many actually died directly from Covid.

Scottish Government

@scotgov

801,319 people in Scotland have been tested for #coronavirus

The total confirmed as positive has risen by 758 to 32,209 (32,209 is the overall total, not the current amount of people that have Covid)

The number of deaths of patients who tested positive remains at 2,530

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I would question that's a major reason, never mind the only one.

The numbers in hospitals are nowhere near the numbers in the, very relevant, early months.

I do not know why the case numbers are not materializing into the hospitalisations or deaths, but they are not. 

Time lag......................when, exactly, do you think we should start this time lag? (another glib term)

We're I reckon you're in a minority about improved treatments.

I think it's a different demographic being infected over the summer - a lot of younger folk and the just recently the student intake into Halls of Residence which as I said earlier are just petri dishes.

Um like I said the increase is already being reflected in the figures, if "the timetable" between phases has to be revised then so be it - the pandemic is less than a year old and our knowledge is being refined by the day.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

We're I reckon you're in a minority about improved treatments.

I think it's a different demographic being infected over the summer - a lot of younger folk and the just recently the student intake into Halls of Residence which as I said earlier are just petri dishes.

Um like I said the increase is already being reflected in the figures, if "the timetable" between phases has to be revised then so be it - the pandemic is less than a year old and our knowledge is being refined by the day.

Have a nice evening, it's been interesting.

10 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

The alleged 4 Covid deaths were on Friday, the figure of 1,526 was reported on STV, I’m assuming either for Friday & Saturday or Saturday and Sunday.

Out of that figure, I’ve no idea the age grouping, how many had underlying conditions or how many actually died directly from Covid.

Scottish Government

@scotgov

801,319 people in Scotland have been tested for #coronavirus

The total confirmed as positive has risen by 758 to 32,209 (32,209 is the overall total, not the current amount of people that have Covid)

The number of deaths of patients who tested positive remains at 2,530

That's fine being in a minority of one on this site means at present I'm being bombarded with different information from different people.

4 on Friday, 0 today = 4 over the last two days.

In the scheme of things it doesn't change anything I've been saying.

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well I wouldn't be changing my opinion based on one days figures, which are for Scotland only as the UK figures have been published yet - FSs graph was for the UK so you're changing horses mid-stream :whistle apples & oranges and all that! Plus we all know that the stattos like to take the weekend off so the figure is going to be artificially low anyway. 

A more relevant figure would be the rolling total for the week or does that not suit YOUR narrative? 

Not that I want to bang on about the lack of competency in the governments figures but the delay in the governments track&testing procedure led to them changing policy earlier in the week saying that tests could now be taken after 8 days and not 5 - you can't top changing your policy to suit the science incompetence.

For the record, here is the provisional UK total for today - it's called comparing apples with apples! 

So even your stats show we are nowhere near the levels reached early in the campaign when testing was in its infancy. More proof if proof was needed the current restrictions are overkill. Many ails kill far more.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's already occurring as you admit in your other post.

If it's already flatlining and I'm wrong then I'll be as glad as anyone. 

2428 in hospital for Covid in the UK on Oct 1 up from around 500 in mid-Sept see Graph 3

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/04/covid-cases-and-deaths-today-coronavirus-uk-map

2428 is less than 2 people per hospital across the UK.

And we've shut down most of the country for that.

Do you genuinely that is a proportionate response?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

🎅

Oh FFS as cases go up the deaths are going up as well so they ARE directly proportional to each other.

The proportionality constant is almost zero but that's not the same thing as saying they are not proportional.

Honestly, stick to grommet fitting.

2 hours ago, theknickerwetter said:

What are the myths ? Are you saying Mastur Gates didn't make those pay-offs? lts pretty much common knowledge , if you care to look or you could just go on being brainwashed by the lamestream media . The new religion is the telliesvision , you are supposed to believe everything they say is gospel and if you want to continue to do that , that is your right .

You clearly don't want to debate , all you want to do is have a wee chat about what the latest is on the narrative , which is fine . You are perfectly free to keep on believing everything the tell-lies-vision tells you , which has filled the void in your life since the decline of organised religion and you now being stopped attending your favourite fitba stadium.

The trouble with the science , during this time of mass hysteria is , it is not very scientific

If it’s common knowledge then where is the proof? 

Your quote about science is confusing? I have found a “scientific” research paper that highlights my previous point rather well.

D99C992B-9B2A-4B54-A80D-C0E6A155AFFC.jpeg

5 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Czechoslovakia going into lockdown again, Paris and Madrid both in lockdown and cases increasing in southern Italy. I can see a short lockdown coming our way soon.  

Let us know when it happens so i can buy 500 toilet rolls!

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh FFS as cases go up the deaths are going up as well so they ARE directly proportional to each other.

The proportionality constant is almost zero but that's not the same thing as saying they are not proportional.

Honestly, stick to grommet fitting.

Are you ok, it seems you're having a wee episode? :blink:

You're making a fool of yourself, everyone knows what the point is except you?

Maybe you should pass the business over to one of your family before it's too late.