Coronavirus

faraway saint

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, we know.

You continually assume people get upset with you, it's more exasperation that you can't grasp the simplest of points and harp on and on and fecking on about the same thing time after time.

PS I was wondering why you hadn't posted the death numbers today then I realised they are down which doesn't give you as much glee as when they go up, you sad ghoul. :thumbsdown

From the person that's posted over 43,000 times (excluding other aliases) haha. it's the most basic and ridiculous of tactic. "Oh I bet he does this" "Oh he did that, I told you he would!" Childs play. 

As for the second part, pathetic. I would gladly see the death numbers fall and have only ever made comment regarding the factual worrying trends. You obviously value wanting to be right over human life but don't bring me down to your standards. As for the deaths today, you're just looking for a bite in your desperate need to continue the argument with me. You know fine well they generally dip on a Sunday and that one day of stats isn't as telling as trends, as do I. 

Death trends continue to be a concern in the UK despite heavy and seemingly ever increasing restrictions. 

Seven day averages 

18th October: 117

11th October: 68

4th October: 51 

Global daily deaths still tracking over the 5,000 mark, up from the 4,900s at end of September. It is a slight relief that this has came down from varying peaks over the pandemic but most aren't ignorant enough to think that suggests things are getting better yet. 

Some people will still troll online forums because they're more concerned with trying to be right than they are with the horrible situation we are facing right now. To think you even get people that are so bitter, they'll claim there is a want for death tolls to go up for "I told you so" messages.

Who has such low morals that they would (without any basis whatsoever) see that in other people? Shameful. 

Total Covid tests conducted in Scotland to date = 1,983,230.

Since the 5th to the 19th October there has been 100,348 people tested. From that 15,499 tested positive and 80 people have died attributed to Covid. That’s less than 0.6% of those that tested positive.

Kinda puts things into perspective I’d say.

Information taken from https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

53 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Total Covid tests conducted in Scotland to date = 1,983,230.

Since the 5th to the 19th October there has been 100,348 people tested. From that 15,499 tested positive and 80 people have died attributed to Covid. That’s less than 0.6% of those that tested positive.

Kinda puts things into perspective I’d say.

Information taken from https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Um no, there's a lag between people being tested positive and hospitalization and eventually dying from the disease - the people who're going to die of Covid in the next 14 days already have the disease whether they've tested positive or not and are, to use an idiom, "dead men walking".

Edited by Bud the Baker

Um no, there's a lag between people being tested positive and hospitalization and eventually dying from the disease - the people who're going to die of Covid in the next 14 days already have the disease whether they've tested positive or not and are, to use an idiom, "dead men walking".

I get it that there’s a lag, but the figures don’t lie. Population of Scotland is around 6 million ish. We’re a kick on the arse off 2 million tested and only around 2500 have died from Covid with another 4,301 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate. (Doesn’t mean they died from it)
No matter what way it’s painted....... it’s not a lot of people dying....... lockdown or no lockdown.

3 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I get it that there’s a lag, but the figures don’t lie. Population of Scotland is around 6 million ish. We’re a kick on the arse off 2 million tested and only around 2500 have died from Covid with another 4,301 deaths have been registered in Scotland where COVID-19 was mentioned on the death certificate. (Doesn’t mean they died from it)
No matter what way it’s painted....... it’s not a lot of people dying....... lockdown or no lockdown.

Not so sure? I think that figure includes people who have been tested several times (nurses, care workers etc) I doubt that 1/3 of the population has been tested? 

2 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Your figures did and @ALBIONSAINT has deconstructed your follow on effort!

I am undecided as to whether a mini-lockdown is the correct action and have said previously that any such decision needs to be taken well in advance (e.g. 21 September when SAGE made the initial suggestion for doing so over the October break) and explained properly to the public not 4 days notice as in Wales.

Your figures did and [mention=6256]ALBIONSAINT[/mention] has deconstructed your follow on effort!
I am undecided as to whether a mini-lockdown is the correct action and have said previously that any such decision needs to be taken well in advance (e.g. 21 September when SAGE made the initial suggestion for doing so over the October break) and explained properly to the public not 4 days notice as in Wales.

The figures I quoted were as of October 19th ...... so what figures are a lie?
I have no idea if two or two thousand will die during that 14 day lag........ and neither do you.

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Not so sure? I think that figure includes people who have been tested several times (nurses, care workers etc) I doubt that 1/3 of the population has been tested? 

4 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I have no idea if two or two thousand will die during that 14 day lag........ and neither do you.

It's misleading to say the figures lie but ,as @ALBIONSAINT pointed out these tests will include people, and my daughter is one of them, who have been tested multiple times so they certainly wont equate to 2m "people" being tested. 

I would agree there's a large question mark, in fact IMO it's a scandal that people who have passed away and it's clear covid wasn't the cause of death, are registered as dying from the flippin disease. 

This just feeds the scaremongers and, along with thousands of people who don't give a feck, we find ourselves going back into a situation that is totally avoidable, as many countries have proved. 

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

Your interpretation of the figures is incorrect and still claiming they're true, specifically the 0.6% death rate, after it's been explained why that interpretation is wrong is IMO a lie.,

I never made any claim that I did, I deliberately avoided any such speculation, just that due to the lag between positive tests and deaths comparison of the two figures for the same period was invalid - one thing you got correct is that you "have no idea" what you're talking about.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Your interpretation of the figures is incorrect and still claiming they're true after it's been explained why that interpretation is wrong is IMO a lie.
I never made any claim that I did, I deliberately avoided any such speculation, just that due to the lag between positive tests and deaths comparison of the two figures for the same period was wrong.  - you just don't understand what you're talking about.

As FS pointed out, I should have stated it was tests carried out and not people, as I know that some of my colleagues that travel offshore are tested twice every trip, one pre mob and another within their first five days offshore.
However. In the grander scheme of things it matters not. The only figure that most folk are interested in are for those that die versus those that test positive, and the percentage that unfortunately die is still very low.
For you to say I don’t understand what I’m talking about is a bit rich coming from you.
Anyone that puts their point or opinion across gets the same treatment. Maybe you should offer your wealth of Covid knowledge to Nicola/Boris and the SAGE group.

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

As FS pointed out, I should have stated it was tests carried out and not people, as I know that some of my colleagues that travel offshore are tested twice every trip, one pre mob and another within their first five days offshore.
However. In the grander scheme of things it matters not. The only figure that most folk are interested in are for those that die versus those that test positive, and the percentage that unfortunately die is still very low. 
For you to say I don’t understand what I’m talking about is a bit rich coming from you.
Anyone that puts their point or opinion across gets the same treatment. Maybe you should offer your wealth of Covid knowledge to Nicola/Boris and the SAGE group.

No I'm offering some advice to a serial bullshitter like you - better to keep your mouth shut and have them think you're a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

Your original assertion that the current Covid death rate was 0.6% was based on an invalid premise, I pointed this out using non-inflammatory language, you're the one who raised the aggression level by bringing in the concept of me accusing you of lying. A classic case of trying to deny a mistake by bluster which won't be fooling anyone.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Testing does not really tell us much  as a lot of people tested will have no symptoms  and no illness. 

What should be alarming is the number of people being admitted  to hospital. 

On 15th of October  there were 478 in hospital  ,and yesterday  754 , and this will increase today .

4 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Your figures are wrong on two counts bud and you've been shown why.

I'm not sure there's much mileage in you digging your heels in over this.

If you DO understand what you are talking about then we can only assume you are deliberately misrepresenting the facts.

It's a shame because the death rate from this is low enough without people doing what you are doing.

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

No I'm offering some advice to a serial bullshitter like you - better to keep your mouth shut and have them think you're a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

You've got a cheek having a go at my attitude on another post.

You're displaying enough arrogance and pomposity for the pair of us put together.