Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Testing does not really tell us much  as a lot of people tested will have no symptoms  and no illness. 

What should be alarming is the number of people being admitted  to hospital. 

On 15th of October  there were 478 in hospital  ,and yesterday  754 , and this will increase today .

Another 70 in hospital with covid ,8 more in ICU and 15 dead ,its getting very very serious for our hospitals and staff

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Another 70 in hospital with covid ,8 more in ICU and 15 dead ,its getting very very serious for our hospitals and staff

This is what happens when you have a government which deliberately runs ICU departments at 85% capacity for "efficiency".

A country of 5 million people should comfortably be able to deal with an extra handful of people needing treatment and in the scheme of things, a few thousand people across an entire country is most certainly a handful.

As for 15 covid deaths, we lose an average of 45 to cancer and apparently about 150 to flu every day in Scotland alone during the winter and we don't get people hand wringing over it.

People need to stop wetting their pants over every single government announcement.

Honestly, I thought we Scots were a bit tougher, mentally than this. I think the shrieking masses are pissing me off even more than the restrictions at the moment.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I was being kind, didn't want to tip you over the edge. 😉

90 loaves a minute = 5400/hour. 

Say 20 hours a day with products changes & cleandown between products - on a good day we're shanning 2/3000 loaves, on a bad one it's not unheard of to lose an over + prover's worth of bread (90mins) in a oner. 5400 loaves.

We feed the fattest pigs in the land.......🐖

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This is what happens when you have a government which deliberately runs ICU departments at 85% capacity for "efficiency".

A country of 5 million people should comfortably be able to deal with an extra handful of people needing treatment and in the scheme of things, a few thousand people across an entire country is most certainly a handful.

As for 15 covid deaths, we lose an average of 45 to cancer and apparently about 150 to flu every day in Scotland alone during the winter and we don't get people hand wringing over it.

People need to stop wetting their pants over every single government announcement.

Honestly, I thought we Scots were a bit tougher, mentally than this. I think the shrieking masses are pissing me off even more than the restrictions at the moment.

The point is the numbers of people  going into hospitals with covid are doubling every week ,cancer  and flu patients are ALSO going in as normal thereby creating huge pressure  on the NHS. This week over 45%of inpatients  are under 65 and include children  and 7 of the deaths this week are also under 65.

Edited by waldorf34
Missed paragraphs

No I'm offering some advice to a serial bullshitter like you - better to keep your mouth shut and have them think you're a fool than open it and remove all doubt.
Your original assertion that the current Covid death rate was 0.6% was based on an invalid premise, I pointed this out using non-inflammatory language, you're the one who raised the aggression level by bringing in the concept of me accusing you of lying. A classic case of trying to deny a mistake by bluster which won't be fooling anyone.

Where did I accuse you of lying?

My comment was “The figures don’t lie” your response was.

“Your figures did and ALBIONSAINT has deconstructed your follow on effort”

Swiftly followed on by.

“Your interpretation of the figures is incorrect and still claiming they’re true, specifically the 0.6% death rate, after it’s been explained why that interpretation is wrong is IMO a Lie.

Now. As I stated in the post yesterday, they were not my figures........ I even attached the link for the source of information. All taken from the the official channels I may add if you check the link.

As for me being aggressive, I struggle to see where I was in any way aggressive, not really in my nature. You have your opinions as I have mine as do many others on the whole COVID issue. Some points we’ll agree on, others we won’t.

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

The point is the numbers of people  going into hospitals with covid are doubling every week ,cancer  and flu patients are ALSO going in as normal thereby creating huge pressure  on the NHS. This week over 45%of inpatients  are under 65 and include children  and 7 of the deaths this week are also under 65.

I've already explained that the problem with the "huge pressure" on the NHS is caused by long term issues related to constantly running at 85% capacity, allowing no leeway for emergencies. It has nothing to do with covid. If we'd had an unsually bad year for normal flu the NHS would also be struggling (as has happened in recent years) but it never causes this level of mass hysteria.

If 45% of inpatients are under 65, that means the large majority are over 65. Also, most of those under 65 will be over 60. Exactly how many children are in ICU through covid? If it's more than 1 or 2 I'll be stunned. I think you are manipulating those numbers to make the situation seem worse than it really is. Why are you doing that? What is it you hope to gain?

7 deaths of people under 65 is simply not newsworthy and frankly it's embarassing that people are even discussing it when compared to all the other non-covid deaths which vastly outnumber these figures every day.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I've already explained that the problem with the "huge pressure" on the NHS is caused by long term issues related to constantly running at 85% capacity, allowing no leeway for emergencies. It has nothing to do with covid. If we'd had an unsually bad year for normal flu the NHS would also be struggling (as has happened in recent years) but it never causes this level of mass hysteria.

If 45% of inpatients are under 65, that means the large majority are over 65. Also, most of those under 65 will be over 60. Exactly how many children are in ICU through covid? If it's more than 1 or 2 I'll be stunned. I think you are manipulating those numbers to make the situation seem worse than it really is. Why are you doing that? What is it you hope to gain?

7 deaths of people under 65 is simply not newsworthy and frankly it's embarassing that people are even discussing it when compared to all the other non-covid deaths which vastly outnumber these figures every day.

5 children under the age of 5  in hospital  with covid .

If the current trend of numbers continues  ,ie hospital admissions doubling every week we will soon pass the highest number we had in March.

Already hospital in Livingston at full capacity.

33 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

If the current trend of numbers continues  ,ie hospital admissions doubling every week we will soon pass the highest number we had in March.

OK so hardly any kids in hospital with covid compared to the likes of cancer, so why bring it up at all?

Yes, Livingston is full and I'm not about to explain for a 3rd time why that should not have happened.

Also, the hospital number from March was well short of capacity. All those nurses rushed off their feet managed to find enough time to create Youtube dancing videos, wasting apparently scarce PPE equipment as they did so.

We didn't even have to use the Nightingale hospitals. Don't forget about the capacity from those.

Edited by oaksoft

38 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Dear oh dear, you better stock up on toilet rolls, you're obviously shitting yourself. 

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

OK so hardly any kids in hospital with covid compared to the likes of cancer, so why bring it up at all?

Yes, Livingston is full and I'm not about to explain for a 3rd time why that should not have happened.

Also, the hospital number from March was well short of capacity. All those nurses rushed off their feet managed to find enough time to create Youtube dancing videos, wasting apparently scarce PPE equipment as they did so.

We didn't even have to use the Nightingale hospitals. Don't forget about the capacity from those.

Cheap shot and utter mince.

You don't understand the day to day pressure these people are under.

While I agree there is a tendency to exaggerate the situation you might be better to shut up about people who are, at times, coping with life or death situations. :thumbsdown

40 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Influenza just can't be beaten

It's the time of the year for it.

It will calm down late Spring.

Wear a mask and keep yir distance

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Cheap shot and utter mince.

You don't understand the day to day pressure these people are under.

While I agree there is a tendency to exaggerate the situation you might be better to shut up about people who are, at times, coping with life or death situations. :thumbsdown

Ach behave yourself.

They choose that career so spare me the sanctimonious shite about them coping with life or death situations.

They got their 15 minutes of "fame" and were rightly castigated for it.

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Ach behave yourself.

They choose that career so spare me the sanctimonious shite about them coping with life or death situations.

They got their 15 minutes of "fame" and were rightly castigated for it.

Walloper. 

You write people off with cheap terms, ignoring what they do.

What, exactly, do you do?

Can't wait for this..........................although going by your past you'll ignore it. 

It shows where you are on this, the forum lunatic agrees with you. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Utterly pathetic comment. You truly outdo yourself time and time again in regards to sheer ignorance and callousness. 

Miserable human being. 

59 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

All true 

5 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Where did I accuse you of lying?

My comment was “The figures don’t lie” your response was.

“Your figures did and ALBIONSAINT has deconstructed your follow on effort”

Swiftly followed on by.

“Your interpretation of the figures is incorrect and still claiming they’re true, specifically the 0.6% death rate, after it’s been explained why that interpretation is wrong is IMO a Lie.

Now. As I stated in the post yesterday, they were not my figures........ I even attached the link for the source of information. All taken from the the official channels I may add if you check the link.

As for me being aggressive, I struggle to see where I was in any way aggressive, not really in my nature. You have your opinions as I have mine as do many others on the whole COVID issue. Some points we’ll agree on, others we won’t.

The assertion that the death rate from Covid was 0.6% isn't in the article, I checked! it is your interpretation of the figures from the article, I merely pointed out the drawbacks in your argument "the time lag between a positive test and deaths being recorded" as did  oaksoft everything else follows from this.

Then you said "so what figures are a lie?" the implication being that I was being dishonest - thereby ramping the level of aggression up as I hadn't accused you of lying at that point.

It's not a difference of opinion it's about you trying to deflect attention from an incorrect assumption.

But hey, feel free to keep digging...

As an aside the number of individual people tested which is in the report (908,968) would've been a better number to chose than the number of tests (1,997,337) updated to include today's figures, presumably you could've found the relevant date for the last fortnight - was it a deliberate choice to use the larger number and thereby underestimate the results?

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The assertion that the death rate from Covid was 0.6% isn't in the article, I checked! it is your interpretation of the figures from the article, I merely pointed out the drawbacks in your argument "the time lag between a positive test and deaths being recorded" as did  oaksoft everything else is follows from this.

Then you said "so what figures are a lie?" the implication being that I was being dishonest - thereby ramping the level of aggression up as I hadn't accused you of lying at that point.

It's not a difference of opinion it's about you trying to deflect attention from an incorrect assumption.

But hey, feel free to keep digging...

As an aside the number of individual people tested which is in the report (908,968) would've been a better number to chose than the number of tests (1,997,337) updated to include today's figures would've been a better number to chose - was it a deliberate choice to use the larger number and thereby underestimate the results?

:lol: