Coronavirus

faraway saint

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Prove it, ya pwick. :lol:

Stats can be beautiful, for instance it's possible to argue that Allan Johnston was our most important player in 2009/10 - in the 10 league games Allan Johnston played for us that season we got 16points (1.6 Avg) compared to the 18 points from 28 games (0.64 Avg) when he was absent. AJ might very well have been a crock at the tail end of his career but in the games he did play I thought he did a good job for us helping us to retain possession (compared to the panic when he was missing) and most definitely saved us from being relegated that season - throw in two wins in cup matches he played and it's a disgrace he didn't win the POTY Award that season.

We'd probably also have won the "9 man final" if he'd been available!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=9199&season_id=139

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification or relegation
1 Rangers (C) 38 26 9 3 82 28 +54 87 Qualification for the Champions League group stage
2 Celtic 38 25 6 7 75 39 +36 81 Qualification for the Champions League third qualifying round
3 Dundee United 38 17 12 9 55 47 +8 63 Qualification for the Europa League play-off round[a]
4 Hibernian 38 15 9 14 58 55 +3 54 Qualification for the Europa League third qualifying round
5 Motherwell 38 13 14 11 52 54 −2 53 Qualification for the Europa League second qualifying round
6 Heart of Midlothian 38 13 9 16 35 46 −11 48  

7 Hamilton Academical 38 13 10 15 39 46 −7 49  
8 St Johnstone 38 12 11 15 57 61 −4 47
9 Aberdeen 38 10 11 17 36 52 −16 41
10 St Mirren 38 7 13 18 36 49 −13 34
11 Kilmarnock 38 8 9 21 29 51 −22 33
12 Falkirk (R) 38 6 13 19 31 57 −26 31
Edited by Bud the Baker

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Stats can be beautiful, for instance it's possible to argue that Allan Johnston was our most important player in 2009/10 - in the 10 league games Allan Johnston played for us that season we got 16points (1.6 Avg) compared to the 18 points from 28 games (0.64 Avg) when he was absent. AJ might very well have been a crock at the tail end of his career but in the games he did play I thought he did a good job for us helping us to retain possession (compared to the panic when he was missing) and most definitely saved us from being relegated that season.

1 Rangers (C) 38 26 9 3 82 28 +54 87 Qualification for the Champions League group stage
2 Celtic 38 25 6 7 75 39 +36 81 Qualification for the Champions League third qualifying round
3 Dundee United 38 17 12 9 55 47 +8 63 Qualification for the Europa League play-off round[a]
4 Hibernian 38 15 9 14 58 55 +3 54 Qualification for the Europa League third qualifying round
5 Motherwell 38 13 14 11 52 54 −2 53 Qualification for the Europa League second qualifying round

I'm well aware of using "stats" (numbers) as I work in engineering and use them every day.

Of course you can be selective and put a slant on them, as the lizaB does, (Hope that confuses his desire for attention)

Some people can be consistent and try not to use them as a political point scoring exercise, some can't. 

This particular topic is very much stat based, along with the obvious tragic affect it has on the public.

Anyhow, I'm out I have "The Cuuuuuuube" to watch. :wink:

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm well aware of using "stats" (numbers) as I work in engineering and use them every day.

Of course you can be selective and put a slant on them, as the lizaB does, (Hope that confuses his desire for attention)

Some people can be consistent and try not to use them as a political point scoring exercise, some can't. 

This particular topic is very much stat based, along with the obvious tragic affect it has on the public.

I put no slant on my stats, I simply gave the seven day averages over the last three weeks from the most recent available data, it shows an increase that very few deny is a cause for concern, in fact I think you might be one of the only ones on BAWA with this view (maybe with the Oakster & Shull keeping you company, lucky you).

It didn't fit your agenda so you lashed out (as you often do)

7 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Naw , in your typical little conspiracy theorist way , you put 2 and 2 together and got 8 . How could , you know who , be two people ?

You never were that good at English comprehension , hence your reliance on , erm , yeah , emoticons .

No wonder you believe the f**ken Guardian.........................................................................

You did say fascist dictators despite being unable to remember it - I'll put it down to you getting "senior moments" more frequently...:spud5

As for The fucken Guardian like I've said before it stands up well to the Alt-Right fantasists you regularly quote...:pepsi

12 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I put no slant on my stats, I simply gave the seven day averages over the last three weeks from the most recent available data, it shows an increase that very few deny is a cause for concern, in fact I think you might be one of the only ones on BAWA with this view (maybe with the Oakster & Shull keeping you company, lucky you).

It didn't fit your agenda so you lashed out (as you often do)

You only post when things go tits up, as you are an attention loving ghoul. :double

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Absolutely!

Sorry for the long rant that follows. Feel free to ignore what I’m about to say as it’s from the heart.

From personal experience I’ve been in the unfortunate situation of requiring the NHS to save my life on two occasions.

The last time I was on life support for 3 weeks and I survived despite the odds being massively against me even staying alive, never mind walking, talking or wiping my own arse. Things we take for granted which I had to relearn over weeks and months.

I only survived because of the dedicated care I received from all sorts of staff from multiple hospitals, ambulance crew, porters, cleaners, catering, nurses and consultants. The level of nursing support you receive in ICU is unbelievable. Dedicated nurse 24/7.  Many of the staff that make the NHS function are on low wage and don’t see working at the NHS as a “career choice” but a vocation in life. They entered the NHS because they want to help people. Working in those ICU wards demands great levels of concentration and well as huge mental strength. The statistics of surviving life support make grim reading. I can’t imagine what it must feel like to try to save someone’s life, but you watch them die right in front of you. However the joy of watching someone you have cared for recover and go onto make a recovery must be a tremendous high. 

I know I’m one of the lucky ones. It’s not without risk. I had more lines going into me than 20 Greenock junkies. My lungs are permanently scarred and I get frequent infections. I’m basically f**ked if I get Covid-19. But I try and get on with life and don’t agree with the way that this pandemic has been handled in this country.

In addition my brain was starved of oxygen and left permanently damaged as even though I was on life support my lungs had mostly given up and could not transfer the oxygen required to function. Fun fact. The brain is the vital organ in the body that consumes the most oxygen (20%). Not many people know that. 

Sadly I lost my career that was my vocation in life as even though I went back to work within 3 months I could not maintain the level of concentration and stamina required to do the job to the standard I set myself. I stuck at it as best I could for a number of years before it took its toll on me and my family. In the end my wife and I made the decision for me to get out before it killed me. My boss used to say to me that a yflaB operating at 50% capacity was worth more than two guys at 100%. Nice compliment but the impact of my brain injury and the lung damage made it extremely hard for me to function and perform at the level required. 

I don’t write this post easily as it is very personal and it hurts me ever day that I can’t still do the job I loved. I suffer from depression as a result which is a real cnut as I’m on medication for life.

I hope that anyone who slags off the NHS never has to deal with the trauma that my family and I have been through. As I said earlier I’m f**king lucky. I lived to tell the tale and lead a decent life. There are people in far harder situations than you or I. 

But I hope that people consider the type of people who enter the NHS. They put the care of their patients ahead of themselves. Those people support one of the most remarkable and life changing organisations in the UK that at a number of stages in our life we will come to depend on for their experience, knowledge and caring to live the best life we possibly can.

sorry for the long post...

So, in other words, the NHS staff are beyond criticism.

If that's your view then that's your view.

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Walloper. 

You write people off with cheap terms, ignoring what they do.

What, exactly, do you do?

Can't wait for this..........................although going by your past you'll ignore it. 

It shows where you are on this, the forum lunatic agrees with you. :lol:

I'm not writing off anyone and I'm ignoring nothing FFS . 

Tone down the drama queenery., you're making a fool of ypurself.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Replacing gaskets and grommets is hardly "engineering" and counting screws is not "statistics".

Stop fluffing your pillows.

😄

Edited by oaksoft

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Stats can be beautiful, for instance it's possible to argue that Allan Johnston was our most important player in 2009/10 - in the 10 league games Allan Johnston played for us that season we got 16points (1.6 Avg) compared to the 18 points from 28 games (0.64 Avg) when he was absent. AJ might very well have been a crock at the tail end of his career but in the games he did play I thought he did a good job for us helping us to retain possession (compared to the panic when he was missing) and most definitely saved us from being relegated that season - throw in two wins in cup matches he played and it's a disgrace he didn't win the POTY Award that season.

He was, he was on the bench

He should have came on when they went down to 9 men but Gus wouldn't change the shape

Back to the subject Paisley RAH is meant to be full no beds to be had

The tempt hasn't changed yet wait until it goes down

Big problems ahead

55 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

He was, he was on the bench

He should have came on when they went down to 9 men but Gus wouldn't change the shape

See that's what you get when you throw in some comedy filler without checking it! :notworthy

Further evidence that he should've been our POTYty!

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You only post when things go tits up, as you are an attention loving ghoul. :double

The thread is literally on a global pandemic that's impacted billions of lives globally, how much more "tits up" can it get?

It's the situation we are in, nothing more. You might think I take pleasure in this because you clearly get a semi when right, but I don't. The single highest recorded daily deaths in four months were recorded yesterday, how long does this have to go on before you accept you were wrong and the upwards trend is a concern?  

No one is enjoying this, don't bring others down to your unbelievably low moral standing. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The thread is literally on a global pandemic that's impacted billions of lives globally, how much more "tits up" can it get?

It's the situation we are in, nothing more. You might think I take pleasure in this because you clearly get a semi when right, but I don't. The single highest recorded daily deaths in four months were recorded yesterday, how long does this have to go on before you accept you were wrong and the upwards trend is a concern?  

No one is enjoying this, don't bring others down to your unbelievably low moral standing. 

You, I know this is stating the obvious, are a balloon.

The day before was low, about 80 as I recall. Yesterday's number was catching up with the numbers not reported the day before.

The average has been about 150 for a week, but don't let that get in the way of you pulling up your skirt and screaming "we're doomed" 🤡

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You, I know this is stating the obvious, are a balloon.

The day before was low, about 80 as I recall. Yesterday's number was catching up with the numbers not reported the day before.

The average has been about 150 for a week, but don't let that get in the way of you pulling up your skirt and screaming "we're doomed" 🤡

You are completely wrong, are you genuinely going to try and justify this? Sunday/ Monday are almost always lower and then cases catch-up on the Tuesday reporting. 

the 19th recording of 80 was up 30 on the same day the previous week (or up by 60%), there were 19 cases recorded the same day the week before that. That means over a four fold increase in a fortnight if you want to go on Monday reporting alone. You can't have it both ways, you can't slam my way of looking at it then look at days in isolation yourself. If you're going to do that, look at the relevant days and you will be unable to deny the increasing trend. 

IMO that doesn't make a whole lot of sense which is why I look at the seven day average. The seven day average yesterday was 135, the same day last week it was 82, the week before was 53, & I would be surprised (but delighted) if we didn't see another few days this week of over 200 cases further pushing the seven day average up. 

How much more of an increase do you need to see before you put your hands up and accept you were wrong?

image.thumb.png.39177eaf4bd112456070f1334215552d.png