Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

You are completely wrong, are you genuinely going to try and justify this? Sunday/ Monday are almost always lower and then cases catch-up on the Tuesday reporting. 

the 19th recording of 80 was up 30 on the same day the previous week (or up by 60%), there were 19 cases recorded the same day the week before that. That means over a four fold increase in a fortnight if you want to go on Monday reporting alone. You can't have it both ways, you can't slam my way of looking at it then look at days in isolation yourself. If you're going to do that, look at the relevant days and you will be unable to deny the increasing trend. 

IMO that doesn't make a whole lot of sense which is why I look at the seven day average. The seven day average yesterday was 135, the same day last week it was 82, the week before was 53, & I would be surprised (but delighted) if we didn't see another few days this week of over 200 cases further pushing the seven day average up. 

How much more of an increase do you need to see before you put your hands up and accept you were wrong?

image.thumb.png.39177eaf4bd112456070f1334215552d.png 

😴😴😴

Stopped reading after first sentence. 👋

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Most of the oldest and vulnerable elderly in our community will be at risk as they are last in the queue to get their flu jabs. Many of them will be unable to get to St Mirren Park as they can’t drive, can’t afford taxis and are scared to get on multiple buses. Village halls, primary schools or community centres could have been used to set up temporary flu jab clinics. It’s not difficult.

I believe that there are those in positions of power in our governments that won’t be too unhappy to see large amounts of deaths within our elderly population due to the costs involved in supporting them with state pensions, NHS and social care. 

Yflab, I've stayed out of most of the "Covid" chat on here as one of my daughters worked on the designated Covid wards in Royal Winchester Hospital right through what we thought was the worst of it (they are seeing numbers rise again) and they are preparing for Round 2 so to speak. To read your earlier thoughts on the majority of those working for the NHS was quite touching, some of the other stuff I've read on this thread (posturing, provoking, point-scoring) has been quite disappointing to witness but it was my choice to read most of it.

With regards to the bit in bold I truly hope that's not the case but can see why many could/would come to that conclusion, from some of what I've read on here there are probably some that wouldn't be too unhappy about it either,,,it would certainly give them a chance to say "I told you so".

I'm not sure if there is a similar service up here but my daughter, on her days off, is helping through a volunteer service in conjunction with the Doctor's Surgeries and Health Clinics to provide a mobile flu jab option for those who are unable to or too nervous to attend the flu jab centres meaning they don't even have to leave home. If anyone is worrying about an elderly/vulnerable relative not getting their jab it may be worthwhile checking with their local GP if this option is available.

Numbers, phew, down today but still going in the wrong direction. 

It should be remembered that we are around 15% of the numbers back in April.

Meanwhile in China they are handing out a vaccine, which the UAE are giving to front line workers. (Been going on for quite a while with very positive results and no serious side effects)

Why aren't we getting any? 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Sadly the GPs up here in Renfrewshire are staying out of dealing with those above 64. They have told those over 64 to It may work on age basis. Perhaps the older you are the longer you have to wait. I’ve been done at my GP as I’m at risk but below 65. My mother in her late 80s no idea when she will even get a letter. Thankfully she is pretty fit and able to drive. But others her age are not so fortunate. 

Many people are not even bothering to turn up for their jab as they can’t mange to get to St Mirren Park from where they stay for the reason I gave. Concerns are being raised by local councillors in the area as it is a growing concern. But by the time those tubes do anything it will be too late. 

Good feedback nonetheless. I hope your daughter is coping well with this pandemic. Just tell her not to post any videos of her dancing or else it will tip Oaky over the edge.

Will I post the video of me and you dancing? :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Sadly the GPs up here in Renfrewshire are staying out of dealing with those above 64. They have told those over 64 to It may work on age basis. Perhaps the older you are the longer you have to wait. I’ve been done at my GP as I’m at risk but below 65. My mother in her late 80s no idea when she will even get a letter. Thankfully she is pretty fit and able to drive. But others her age are not so fortunate. 

Many people are not even bothering to turn up for their jab as they can’t mange to get to St Mirren Park from where they stay for the reason I gave. Concerns are being raised by local councillors in the area as it is a growing concern. But by the time those tubes do anything it will be too late. 

Good feedback nonetheless. I hope your daughter is coping well with this pandemic. Just tell her not to post any videos of her dancing or else it will tip Oaky over the edge.

I got my flu jag less than 2 weeks after i turned 65. 

1st time i have had it, and i was surprise to get it so quick.

Wife had just turned 64 so god knows when she will get it. 

48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Numbers, phew, down today but still going in the wrong direction. 

It should be remembered that we are around 15% of the numbers back in April.

Meanwhile in China they are handing out a vaccine, which the UAE are giving to front line workers. (Been going on for quite a while with very positive results and no serious side effects)

Why aren't we getting any? 

The vaccine hasn't completed it's clinical trials & the Chinese are charging £46 for it. It's just being scheduled to go into mass production. Edit two doses'll take that up to £92.

By: Associated Press | 

October 20, 2020 10:23 PM

A state-owned Chinese drugmaker is setting up production lines to supply 1 billion doses of two possible coronavirus vaccines that are being tested on 50,000 people in 10 countries, the company chairman said Tuesday.

Testing by SinoPharm Group is “in the last kilometer of a long march,” chairman Liu Jingzhen said at a news conference. He gave no indication when results are expected.

I don't even know if they're that far ahead as quite a few companies are "optimistic" about being ready for mass use in the first quarter of 2021 - the Chinese just seem to be a bit more bullish about their product.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

The vaccine hasn't completed it's clinical trials & the Chinese are charging £46 for it. It's just being scheduled to go into mass production. Edit two doses'll take that up to £92.

I don't even know if they're that far ahead as quite a few companies are "optimistic" about being ready for mass use in the first quarter of 2021 - the Chinese just seem to be a bit more bullish about their product.

Considering what this is doing to the economy I'd imagine just over ninety quid is a bargain.

Get my name down. 

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

BBC News - Covid-19: Nottingham party students fined £40,000
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54631524

That's their Xmas party fund sorted. emoji16.png

Fecking students, too many think they are a law unto themselves.

Then they start crying, poor us.:lol:

Feckem. 

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Aye, Baz started it so he could gleefully announce the numbers of deaths he has caused. :whistle

Is there anything you can't turn back to me? Maybe one day I'll get to know the next steps in your Baz obsession recovery plan. You've been stuck on the "put him on ignore but continue to bring him up all the time" step for a while now. 

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

So the virus originated in China supposedly from an infected bat. Probably a lab more likely.

It puts billions of people at risk and only a life saving vaccine (two doses of course) will save mankind. Buts lets kill off the old and sick people first who are a massive drain on nations worldwide.

No wonder China is such a dominant superpower. Some people will get exceedingly rich on the back of this.

Any one else have a better conspiracy theory? Or am I barking mad?

You're barking mad. 

18 hours ago, Yflab said:

I never said that.

The reason I ended up on life support was the incompetence of my NHS GP at the time who I had been to see on two occasions. His advice was to take paracetamol. The least he should have done was prescribe a course of antivirals. In hindsight I should have been sent straight to hospital. It took the intervention of my local chemist to recommend the antivirals to my wife. 

Within 48 hours I got my wife to run me to hospital who had to go pick up our kids (18months and 3). 

After booking in at the front desk I was sent round to the empty fracture clinic and left alone for hours with no one checking on me. Eventually I summoned up the strength of will to try and get someone to help. I then collapsed at the front desk with septic shock and had to be brought back to life with cardiac resuscitation paddles. When I came to in resus the first thing they offered me was para feckin cetamol. I said f**k that give me morphine. If I’m going to die I will do it the feeling the best I can.

So there you see that at least 2 NHS staff made key mistakes that could have cost me my life. They made mistakes. They are human. I never went to see that GP again. I never made a complaint against him. Is he beyond criticism? No.

You sound more and more like Dickson each day with your comments about the NHS.

By the way should I be going out to order some more bog roll now that more lockdowns are being introduced in the UK?

What else should we be stockpiling oh wise one?

My comments on the NHS have consisted of blaming both governments for deliberately having no slack in the system to cope with emergencies like thisand to whine about those stupid youtube videos.

Hardly Dickson-esque.

Stop being so melodramatic.

Christmas is cancelled, well going digital....

The idea of a normal Christmas is a "fiction" and Scots should prepare for digital celebrations, national clinical director Jason Leitch has said.

The government has insisted that the latest Covid-19 restrictions are having an impact on the spread of the virus.

But Mr Leitch told BBC Scotland there was "absolutely no question" of a "normal" Christmas being allowed.

Measures could be eased if case numbers fall, but Mr Leitch said people should "get their digital Christmas ready".

Opposition politicians said the public would be "devastated" by the news and called for more details.

pic2.jpg?resize=500,281