Coronavirus

faraway saint

You must be dizzy trying to spin this as much as that. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Spin ? Why ? I've no idea whether it's a good or bad strategy but it looks fairly obvious to me. Leitch might be sanctimonious but he is most definitely not daft and his language is likely to have been carefully thought through to create as much as a stir as possible thus giving the SG the chance to create some classic White Knighting via the saving Christmas line.

I've long since given up supporting or being anti measures as it is a 100% waste of breath and you just need to look on SM to see how affected some folk are getting by their constant extreme stance either way hence I am posting less and less as we have zero control on it, what will be will be and this despite me nearing the end of 2 weeks house arrest / quarantine thus having time on my hands. I'm just surprised more folk didn't see yesterday's plot for what it is especially the more cynical !

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Spin ? Why ? I've no idea whether it's a good or bad strategy but it looks fairly obvious to me. Leitch might be sanctimonious but he is most definitely not daft and his language is likely to have been carefully thought through to create as much as a stir as possible thus giving the SG the chance to create some classic White Knighting via the saving Christmas line.

I've long since given up supporting or being anti measures as it is a 100% waste of breath and you just need to look on SM to see how affected some folk are getting by their constant extreme stance either way hence I am posting less and less as we have zero control on it, what will be will be and this despite me nearing the end of 2 weeks house arrest / quarantine thus having time on my hands. I'm just surprised more folk didn't see yesterday's plot for what it is especially the more cynical !

I don't think it's "that obvious" as a deliberate strategy.

Why would they threaten people when morale is at an all time low in this mess?

Why, even if it's a possibility, hit people with it right now?

All it does is reinforce people's opinion that the SNP are all over the place.

It will turn some people who are unsure against wee Nicky but most importantly it just pisses off more people who will stop playing the game and the whole fecking mess gets worse.

Aye, your surprised people didn't see it as a a ploy, because plenty, and I discussed this with quite a few at work today, certainly didn't.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

When you say mix, I hope there's social distancing being practiced. emoji35.png

As much as is possible when trying to carry on being productive.

We get our temperature taken every morning and mask wearing has been compulsory for quite some time when moving from one area to another.

The fact is it's impossible to keep "socially distancing" in engineering/manufacturing.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, Scotland come up with FIVE levels, aye, FIVE.

Not only that, it's 0,1,2,3 & 4, not, as you might expect, 1,2,3,4 & 5.

Confused..............................you will be. 

I'm sure when we came out of lockdown the whole of the UK had 5 levels......Yup!

The UK Government detailed a “road map” for the UK’s exit out of lockdown early in May, which included a new alert system to handle the next phase of handling the virus.

This ‘alert system’ ranks the threat level of coronavirus on a scale of one to five, and is being used to inform when lockdown measures can be eased.

Kudos to Nicola for sticking with 5 even if she's changed the scale. A big boo to blue meanie Boris for going to 3!

Blue_Meanie_Chief.jpg

meanie-boss.png

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm sure when we came out of lockdown the whole of the UK had 5 levels......Yup!

Kudos to Nicola for sticking with 5 even if she's changed the scale. A big boo to blue meanie Boris for going to 3!

So much for wee Nicky leading the way...............................baa! 🐑

Oh, she's leading the way, 0-4 instead of 1-5. :lol:

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, Scotland come up with FIVE levels, aye, FIVE.

Not only that, it's 0,1,2,3 & 4, not, as you might expect, 1,2,3,4 & 5.

Confused..............................you will be. 

The problem with having 5 levels is areas will be up and down more times than Rudy Giuliani's hands go in his pants. No consistency, no clue.

It looks like a clearly orchestrated strategy to me. He's been told to drop that little bomb yesterday in the sure knowledge the press would pick up on it instantly. It worked as 1st question yesterday to NS gave her the perfect platform to emphasise the real narrative ie "it's a real possibility BUT to reduce that possibility as much as possible we all must follow the new guidelines".
The fact he said 24hrs before that early indication was measures were starting to slow infections merely confirmed this was a planned, strategic "slip" intended to let NS emphasise the core message.
They know full well Christmas household restrictions won't be followed hence the big push now to "save Christmas".
I'm astonished the press in general (to be fair the BBC lunchtime news ran with the "saving Christmas" line rather than the "cancelled or digital" line) are so gullible but the daily questions show just how insipid and inept they are and thus so easy to be used in this manner.

Absolutely 100% spot on!!

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

The problem with having 5 levels is areas will be up and down more times than Rudy Giuliani's hands go in his pants. No consistency, no clue.

Last night I watched some of The Last Leg, which had chat about cv19.

When Kevin Bridges said Scotland/Sturgeon had now announced 5 levels, I laughed, thinking it was an absurd joke reflecting her always having to be differentiated from whatever The Buffoon announced.

Truth IS stranger than fiction.   Nae joke.  :(

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah, you're correct.

It has been for months.

Accompanied by plenty of stamping of feet like a five year old who has been deprived of sweeties.

I was discussing this with my daughter last night.

I remember saying WAY back one of the biggest problems would be we're British.

There are plenty of people in Ireland and Wales who are fcuked off but it's mainly down to probably the same people who are annoyed.

Up here we have very low numbers but, as I mentioned, we, in Angus, could get lumped in with Tayside who are not doing so well.

Of course there's extremists, not mentioning any names, who still persist that the threat is massively exaggerated but it's also flippant to dismiss people as 5 year olds when they are feeling that the decisions made by governments lack common sense and consistency.