Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just heard that only an astounding 11% are isolating when they should be. :o

No wonder this won't go away. :thumbsdown

Probably the same folk that abuse disabled parking and don’t pick up there dog shit. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just heard that only an astounding 11% are isolating when they should be. :o

No wonder this won't go away. :thumbsdown

Of course, it's not that easy to self isolate when you live in a capitalist society and aren't likely to be paid, or may even lose your job, if you do.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Or they could just be fannies? 

Or having to make a choice between feeding their families or being safe. Of all the government powers enshrined in the coronavirus legislation, they are all effectively a human rights grab. Why not include a law that makes it illegal for employers not to pay or sack those who have been told to self isolate? Where is that in the legislation?

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Or having to make a choice between feeding their families or being safe. Of all the government powers enshrined in the coronavirus legislation, they are all effectively a human rights grab. Why not include a law that makes it illegal for employers not to pay or sack those who have been told to self isolate? Where is that in the legislation?

You're making a hellava assumption that's why people, a whole 89%, are not complying.

I don't know, and you CERTINLY don't know, the reason.

I'll stick to my guess that people, more and more, don't give a feck about anybody.

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're making a hellava assumption that's why people, a whole 89%, are not complying.

I'll stick to my guess that people, more and more, don't give a feck about anybody.

Aye, that must be it. Where did you get your behavioural science degree from?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

More flip-flops than a beach resort.

One minute you're bitching that the restrictions are a complete over-reaction and total bollox.

The next, you are bitching about people not following them.

I think it's pretty clear that you are only concerned about restrictions being imposed on you personally. You don't care about others any more than anyone else.

Pipe doon ya numpty. :lol:

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

The point he was making is that if people followed the guidelines and instructions given then we would not be in this shit.
It’s because of selfish ignorant bastards that we end up with tougher measures.

You know the type of people I mean.

Those that panic buy things like bog roll, pasta and tinned food and to f**k with anyone else. 

I am sure he's quite capable of answering himself without your help.

Anyway, your answer makes about as much sense as most of your other posts.

Anyone who thinks lockdown is wrong should be targetting those who are bringing in those rules. Targetting those with the backbone to stand up for themselves is a ridiculous position to take.

As for those who don't care about other people? That's their decision as a free human being. Who are you to moralise over anyone?

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

More flip-flops than a beach resort.

One minute you're bitching that the restrictions are a complete over-reaction and total bollox.

The next, you are bitching about people not following them.

I think it's pretty clear that you are only concerned about restrictions being imposed on you personally. You don't care about others any more than anyone else.

Pipe doon ya numpty. :lol:

You're having a nightmare.

In you're pathetic attempts to have a go you're making a complete cnut of yourself, which is quite amusing.

IMO, and I don't need a behavioral science degree @Hendo, to come to a conclusion people are not complying which is the major reason this shit virus is still spreading. 

It's because of these people we are all, and that includes the business's you, rightly, keep mentioning, are suffering.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am sure he's quite capable of answering himself without your help.

Anyway, your answer makes about as much sense as most of your other posts.

Anyone who thinks lockdown is wrong should be targetting those who are bringing in those rules. Targetting those with the backbone to stand up for themselves is a ridiculous position to take.

As for those who don't care about other people? That's their decision as a free human being. Who are you to moralise over anyone?

This is the usual response from people who fail to take responsibility, another of your usual cries.

You're all over the place on this.

More back flips that Olga Korbut. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Yflab said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54684985

Perhaps Boots might consider using the St Mirren team to advertise this service.

It seems fast and very accurate, even if the sample size was only 500.

Hmmm,.

US owned company exploits loopholes in UK crass (privately-owned by serco) Failing track and trace system.  Who’d have expected that?!

if only there was some way of the UK doing it effectively as part of NHS...

Edited by antrin

Of course, it's not that easy to self isolate when you live in a capitalist society and aren't likely to be paid, or may even lose your job, if you do.
There's a scheme to pay an isolation payment (off the top of my head I think it's £500) to anyone in the situation you describe so no excuse.

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
16 hours ago, Hendo said:

There's a scheme to pay an isolation payment (off the top of my head I think it's £500) to anyone in the situation you describe so no excuse.

How easy is it to get access to the money and how long does it take to come through - I'm not saying it's right but how much blame would you put on people who distrusted this governments ability to implement the scheme efficiently?

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

How easy is it to get access to the money and how long does it take to come through - I'm not saying it's right but how much blame would you put on people who distrusted this governments ability to implement the scheme efficiently?

It's not just that - the scheme places responsibility on the individual rather than society. £500 wont go far if you end up losing your job if you self isolate.

No idea all I know is such a mitigating payment exists.

21 minutes ago, Hendo said:

It's not just that - the scheme places responsibility on the individual rather than society. £500 wont go far if you end up losing your job if you self isolate.

Society chose to elect a a cold hearted right wing government, a lot of current issues like this one, free meals during holidays for kids whose families receive benefits & the future of the triple lock for pensioners are now in question due to this choice.

I've indicated plenty of times before what my views on this are but I'll say it again - a fair tax system that makes companies and individuals pay according to their earnings and one that clamps down on avoidance from both groups mentioned.

Say No to Austerity2!

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Society chose to elect a a cold hearted right wing government, a lot of current issues like this one, free meals during holidays for kids whose families receive benefits & the future of the triple lock for pensioners are now in question due to this choice.

I've indicated plenty of times before what my views on this are but I'll say it again - a fair tax system that makes companies and individuals pay according to their earnings and one that clamps down on avoidance from both groups mentioned.

Say No to Austerity2!

Doesn't the benefit system cover food? :blink:

I'm jumping the gun here a wee bit but the numbers, cases and deaths, seem to be flattening out.

Just to clarify for that dumpling @oaksoft, aye, I'm fed up with the restriction, the unfair restriction on many business but there wouldn't be any need for the current restrictions or anything more severe if people would just do the basics. 

Really simple things would see us revert back to the reasonable state of normality we had a few months ago but that seems to be beyond too many people.

Thanks, arseholes. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Doesn't the benefit system cover food? :blink:

There is a provision of course but I don't think it's a life of luxury for these people...

The result is a situation where millions of people are losing their jobs but the state isn’t providing enough support to help them survive it. Just look at the removal of the £20-a-week increase: it would result in the level of unemployment support in the UK falling to its lowest real-terms level since 1991, and its lowest ever level relative to average weekly earnings – just at the very time more people are going to need it.

...for what is the world's 6th or 9th largest economy* depending on what measure you choose it's a bad show. 

bloody stattos

How many wage cheques are any of us away from penury?

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

There is a provision of course but I don't think it's a life of luxury for these people...

...for what is the world's 6th or 9th largest economy* depending on what measure you choose it's a bad show. 

bloody stattos

Not sure a life of luxury is what the state should be providing. 

Ach, I know it must be difficult, fortunately I've always been lucky enough to work and save me and my family from having to rely on benefits of any kind. 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

bloody stattos

THIS, unfortunately, sums it up for me..............................

122906519_10222933132733298_4412858307661371092_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=L2QtMBSGDQ0AX9T_1F0&_nc_oc=AQkZ0uGpg6yVXWCJc5sLt9SxIHCeAP7KDBnCLI6LKasLVDYw8_c-rLShtCzVMHm5AJA&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=9797c80405819f9f3a521b46cd994696&oe=5FBE376B