Coronavirus

faraway saint

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54712917

Are we heading back to full lockdown? 

A lot of concern in this article from a scientists perspective that a second lockdown should already be in place to "definitely needs to now"

Reasonable worst case deaths of 120,000 Sept - March

My biggest concern (more from a UK wide perspective) is we are acting too late and the measures won't be effective, resulting in the need to lockdown as we get closer and closer to the Christmas period. IMO trying to get widespread adherence to a lockdown closer to Christmas wold be much tougher and less effective than it would be now. Regardless I see things getting worse before they get better. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54712917

Are we heading back to full lockdown? 

A lot of concern in this article from a scientists perspective that a second lockdown should already be in place to "definitely needs to now"

Reasonable worst case deaths of 120,000 Sept - March

My biggest concern (more from a UK wide perspective) is we are acting too late and the measures won't be effective, resulting in the need to lockdown as we get closer and closer to the Christmas period. IMO trying to get widespread adherence to a lockdown closer to Christmas wold be much tougher and less effective than it would be now. Regardless I see things getting worse before they get better. 

Reasonable? 😂😂😂

14 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Actually, I had no idea you were a mathematician.

Touche. 😀

I can include both if I want to. One for specificity and the second for generality. There's no problem there. Take your pedantry away from me foul beast!

Aye, it's no' as if it husnae been mentioned before. :lol:

You no touche me, keep your hands to yourself ya perv. :whistle

You can include what you want, I was just pointing out that it wasn't necessary.  MacLaurin is essentially just Taylor when you are using zero as your single point.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As usual you have no ability to think if ...........................ach, wasting my time.

It's a theme on here, people "hiding" behind what somebody else said.

What are you talking about? You're clearly just going out your way to argue with me. 

I posted an article and mentioned some of the points that concerns me, what's wrong with that? 

Can you point to a conclusion on covid19 you've came to without any outside influence whatsoever? It isn't a thing. 😪

Well, furlough ends this weekend, I fear considerable numbers will be added to the already unemployed figures. :(

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

What are you talking about? You're clearly just going out your way to argue with me. 

I posted an article and mentioned some of the points that concerns me, what's wrong with that? 

Can you point to a conclusion on covid19 you've came to without any outside influence whatsoever? It isn't a thing. 😪

You're really dim or you're at it.

I pointed to the "reasonable" aspect, which you, being the brainless soul you are, hid behind "It wisnae me" angle.

Argue with you? :lol:

I'm not arguing, I'm laughing at how you can be so simple yet think your something special. 🤡

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well, furlough ends this weekend, I fear considerable numbers will be added to the already unemployed figures. :(

You're really dim or you're at it.

I pointed to the "reasonable" aspect, which you, being the brainless soul you are, hid behind "It wisnae me" angle.

Argue with you? :lol:

I'm not arguing, I'm laughing at how you can be so simple yet think your something special. 🤡

I don't think it's unreasonable at all given where we are now and what could possibly happen over the next few months. You might disagree with that, fine but it doesn't mean you're right, we don't know what the cases will be like over the next few months. From reading the article it seems the "reasonable worst case" has been put together by people closer to the pandemic than you, yet you assume to believe it could be the case is "dim" Challenging Oakster on the arrogance scale there. :whistle

You absolutely are arguing with me, I posted a link and because you don't agree with it you've got upset and lashed out. You're basically trying to argue you know far better than anyone involved in writing that article 🤣

In other news, the seven day average yesterday is up to 230, that's more than a SIX fold increase on the same day last month. Don't worry though FS says nothing to see here 🤷‍♂️

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Aye, it's no' as if it husnae been mentioned before. :lol:

You no touche me, keep your hands to yourself ya perv. :whistle

You can include what you want, I was just pointing out that it wasn't necessary.  MacLaurin is essentially just Taylor when you are using zero as your single point.

Why are you telling me things you know that I already know?

4 hours ago, antrin said:

It's not surprising really.

People in Eastern Asia have been using masks for years. If they were effective, there would have been a ton of research backing that up. They are used as behavioural tools to help people feel they are contributing to keeping the virus at bay.

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don't think it's unreasonable at all given where we are now and what could possibly happen over the next few months. You might disagree with that, fine but it doesn't mean you're right, we don't know what the cases will be like over the next few months. From reading the article it seems the "reasonable worst case" has been put together by people closer to the pandemic than you, yet you assume to believe it could be the case is "dim" Challenging Oakster on the arrogance scale there. :whistle

You absolutely are arguing with me, I posted a link and because you don't agree with it you've got upset and lashed out. Your basically trying to argue you know far better than anyone involved in writing that article 🤣

In other news, the seven day average yesterday is up to 230, that's more than a SIX fold increase on the same day last month. Don't worry though FS says nothing to see here 🤷‍♂️

There's been, approx, 4,500 deaths between Sept & October.

That leaves 150 days which equates to 770 EVERY single day.

Now again, you are an imbecile if you think that's "reasonable".

I don't THINK I know better, I'm showing I can THINK. 

Your last sentence proves you are a utter bawbag, as if that needs proof. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's the "reasonable worst case" ffs, you've struggled throughout this pandemic haven't you? 

Also at current rate of death increase we would (please concentrate on the word WOULD here, it isn't the same as will) hit 770 cases per day within a few weeks, who's to say the trend will suddenly stop? Back to the point where we simply don't know at this point. 

I've given my prediction of over 80,000 deaths by the start of January, I hope it isn't true but I stand by it. It isn't a claim of knowledge though, it's my prediction, you seem to really struggle with the difference. 

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's the "reasonable worst case" ffs, you've struggled throughout this pandemic haven't you? 

Also at current rate of death increase we would (please concentrate on the word WOULD here, it isn't the same as will) hit 770 cases per day within a few weeks, who's to say the trend will suddenly stop? Back to the point where we simply don't know at this point. 

I've given my prediction of over 80,000 deaths by the start of January, I hope it isn't true but I stand by it. It isn't a claim of knowledge though, it's my prediction, you seem to really struggle with the difference. 

:byebye

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Is there an argument for a religious gathering/ place of worship? Even at level 4 up to 20 allowed... Suppose the social distancing and lack of masks would still be a concern. 

Not at all!

I am firmly in the camp of letting people congregate in whatever place of worship they choose - to lustily sing their songs of praise... to the great virus.

Ignore this:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1241/5908276

12 minutes ago, Yflab said:

And there you have it Sybil. It’s because of people like you who don’t adhere to the rules that we are in this fcuking mess. 😷

Oh don't worry about me, I'd rather go to a dinner party with you, Antrin, Oaks and FS than attend a religious one, sounds honkin, 

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

Not at all!

I am firmly in the camp of letting people congregate in whatever place of worship they choose - to lustily sing their songs of praise... to the great virus.

Ignore this:

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1241/5908276

I think it's a curious one, banning religious (for the sake of religion) gatherings seems like a no brainer to me. Give Jesus or Allah or whoever some welly in your own home for the next while.

Banning all religious gatherings could allow for some give on things like funerals & weddings for example. 

Edited by bazil85

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think it's a curious one, banning religious (for the sake of religion) gatherings seems like a no brainer to me. Give Jesus or Allah or whoever some welly in your own home for the next while.

Banning all religious gatherings could allow for some give on things like funerals & weddings for example. 

From recent experience, funerals - at least down here - are limited to 30 people and singing is banned.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I can never respect someone who can't think for themselves.