Coronavirus

faraway saint

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I can never respect someone who can't think for themselves.

My thought process is from an analysis of increasing trends and the seemingly clear link to the winter weather as well as not thinking restrictions go nearly far enough. Again it's just arrogance from FS to assume I haven't applied as much thought to my view as he has his. 

I would say What Oaks really means here is he can't respect anyone that can't think the same way as he does. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

3 days on the trot the number of deaths drops, the forum ghoul will be looking to spin that into the "worse case scenario".

I am guessing he won't have anything to say about it at all because it doesn't fit what he's been told to think.

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

3 days on the trot the number of deaths drops, the forum ghoul will be looking to spin that into the "worse case scenario".

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

My second guess is that he'll do a 7 day average to show that it is still higher than last week.

Oaks is right, because it is completely relevant. But given it has been well documented that you simply can't understand the relevance of the seven day reporting, I'll just do the three days you mention. Maybe one day the penny will drop (won't hold my breath)

Today         274       23rd 224

Yesterday 280      22nd 189

Day before 310      21st 191

We are able to predict to a certain extent how reporting will go. For example the next three days will likely be a little less than today or slightly more, then a spike on Tuesday.

I guess by FS logic, if this comes true it has nothing to do with reporting and I'll just be a mind reader :whistle

Edited by bazil85

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am guessing he won't have anything to say about it at all because it doesn't fit what he's been told to think.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

My second guess is that he'll do a 7 day average to show that it is still higher than last week.

Probably the clearest contradiction I’ve seen on BAWA :whistle

Edited by bazil85

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wonder what the last 3 days have done to his "reasonable"  700 a day? :lol:

Nothing at all, again seven day reporting... 😪

It's my view on what we will end up with by the end of the year. I'm not predicting I'll definitely be right (like you are) in fact I very much hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Tuesday's figure is often the highest in the week, prob'ly down to the stattos getting back to work after a weekend on the "sauce"...

Your inability to take this sorta detail into account after 7 months remains impressive...

The rolling 7 day average for cases recorded is still increasing, with said increase only starting to tail off this week. Sadly the number of deaths for November is already carved into stone. 

While it's been enjoyable watching y'all pile onto Baz I feel he's closer to the mark than you care to admit.

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Tuesday's figure is often the highest in the week, prob'ly down to the stattos getting back to work after a weekend on the "sauce"...

Your inability to take this sorta detail into account after 7 months remains impressive...

The rolling 7 day average for cases recorded is still increasing, with said increase only starting to tail off this week. Sadly the number of deaths for November is already carved into stone. 

While it's been enjoyable watching y'all pile onto Baz I feel he's closer to the mark than you care to admit.

We’ve had our differences but I imagine we’ll agree posters like FS & Oaks will already have ready made excuses if the death rates continue to climb as projected to the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Big deal. 

Let's see how close he is come the end if the year, end if February and the end of March as he's dribbling over the numbers for all if the above. 

How close is he on what, exactly? 

Let's see you nail your colours to the mast. 

I'm not, or have ever, made the point the numbers are increasing, I just prefer to point out any drops.

If you'd been paying attention I was using the 7 day average for months way back after the daily numbers served their purpose. 

Look forget it, everybody is entitled to an opinion, I'm quite comfortable with my views on this.

There's been plenty things I never seen coming, it's a fecking mess, a year out of our lives. 

Edited by faraway saint

He might be, but it's only his opinion, not a "fact". We can all have different opinions, and argue over them, but when someone claims their opinion is absolute fact because ... well ... just because, then it's time to get out of the discussion. No doubt, if his opinion is later proven to be correct, he will claim that it proves his opinion was a fact after all. He'll be wrong, but he'll do it.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

He might be, but it's only his opinion, not a "fact". We can all have different opinions, and argue over them, but when someone claims their opinion is absolute fact because ... well ... just because, then it's time to get out of the discussion. No doubt, if his opinion is later proven to be correct, he will claim that it proves his opinion was a fact after all. He'll be wrong, but he'll do it.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Big deal. 

Let's see how close he is come the end if the year, end if February and the end of March as he's dribbling over the numbers for all if the above. 

How close is he on what, exactly? 

Let's see you nail your colours to the mast. 

I'm not, or have ever, made the point the numbers are increasing, I just prefer to point out any drops.

If you'd been paying attention I was using the 7 day average for months way back after the daily numbers served their purpose. 

Look forget it, everybody is entitled to an opinion, I'm quite comfortable with my views on this.

There's been plenty things I never seen coming, it's a fecking mess, a year out of our lives. 

What’s your estimate of deaths at the start of January? 

35 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Why are you such a ghoul? 

Aye, nobody, except him, has been gleefully quoting figures who will die.

A ghouls right enough, hiding behind his false concern for "people". 

If that post is aimed at me, feck sake, I've never said how many will die, only laugh at the clowns who hide behind stupid scientist and choose to believe these wild claims. 

What a cuntish thing to say.
You are quite literally pinning a number of potential human lives lost as a stake for winning a frivolous argument on a fitba forum.
Seriously, have f**king look at yourself.
Don't be daft, he's the only one that's right. [emoji38]

The BBC reverting back to their early scaremongering.

Just quoted a figure of more than 4,000 deaths a DAY is possible. 

That's got to be the best yet. 

My calculator just gave up when I punched that number in. 

As a comparison, India, population 1,384,493,422, have had just over 1,200 daily deaths at their peak.

The USA, population 1,384,493,422, have hit UNDER 3,000 at their worst.

Brazil, population 213,061,062, have had just over 1,500 

I've picked the 3 countries who are performing badly, as we have TBH. 

Now, I'm not a scientist but I think the UK are unlikely to get MORE THAN 4,000 a day. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just had a message from an ex workmate, been with the company for 15 years.
Being made redundant after being on furlough, almost constantly, from March.
He's shattered, never known another company and there's not much out there.
The oil & gas industry, and it's not on it's own, has been hammered. 

This is it FS, they (the companies) are absolutely shi**ing themselves and panic cutting resources at will (most of the time with no logic).

I recently bailed out of a large north east Oil and Gas mob that have interests down in the central belt as I could sense that they were panicking.

Unfortunately there will be more to come