Coronavirus

faraway saint

4 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

This is it FS, they (the companies) are absolutely shi**ing themselves and panic cutting resources at will (most of the time with no logic).

I recently bailed out of a large north east Oil and Gas mob that have interests down in the central belt as I could sense that they were panicking.

Unfortunately there will be more to come

Aye mate, the same company my mate worked for binned me early August, why.................they had to start contributing a paltry amount towards furlough. 

I got lucky, found another job out of O&G, but it's going to be a disaster, probably the worst ever,  for thousands of people and I've been involved in O& G for just over 30 years. 

Edited by faraway saint

Aye mate, the same company my mate worked for binned me early August, why.................they had to start contributing a paltry amount towards furlough. 
I got lucky, found another job out of O&G, but it's going to be a disaster, probably the worst ever,  for thousands of people and I've been involved in O& G for just over 30 years. 

Yeah I still have a lot of mates up in the north east and I fully agree this is the worst, the next 3 to 6 months is going to be absolutely brutal.

Glad to hear you got fixed up.

Never mind a death estimate, how long before the SG buckle if as seems to be the case now the WM clowns announce a new national lockdown on Monday ? Given that would leave us out on a limb compared to the other home nations there would be massive pressure to follow suit especially with polls amazingly seeming to show 65%+ support for it (according to BBC breakfast this morning before anyone questions it).

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Never mind a death estimate, how long before the SG buckle if as seems to be the case now the WM clowns announce a new national lockdown on Monday ? Given that would leave us out on a limb compared to the other home nations there would be massive pressure to follow suit especially with polls amazingly seeming to show 65%+ support for it (according to BBC breakfast this morning before anyone questions it).

When some clowns start throwing around a figure of 4,000 deaths a day it's hardly surprising many people would support another "lockdown".

10 hours ago, Yflab said:

Why are you such a ghoul? 

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, nobody, except him, has been gleefully quoting figures who will die.

A ghouls right enough, hiding behind his false concern for "people". 

If that post is aimed at me, feck sake, I've never said how many will die, only laugh at the clowns who hide behind stupid scientist and choose to believe these wild claims. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

What a cuntish thing to say.

You are quite literally pinning a number of potential human lives lost as a stake for winning a frivolous argument on a fitba forum.

Seriously, have f**king look at yourself.

Ffs talk about some selective reading going on here. 

I have talked for months about my concerns with not taking enough measures and the bleak picture facing the U.K. & beyond. FS has responded at near every point to my concern, downplaying this virus & accusing me of not being able to ‘think’ regarding what the figures & experts are saying. Don’t lower me to his ridiculously low standards in wanting to win a ‘bet’ on human life, I have simply been given my view. 

I will take no pleasure at all if my prediction comes true. It is seeming more and more likely as very high death levels in the coming months, now to the point there is probably going to be a second lockdown in England but I have shown no indication at all I’ll be ‘gleeful’ about this. 

People should maybe try looking a wee bit deeper into a debate than knee jerk reactions to single posts.   

I'll answer that after I've been to Morrisons.

Just now, Cookie Monster said:
17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You better be quick, all hell is about to break out.

Get me some toilet rolls please. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The BBC reverting back to their early scaremongering.

Just quoted a figure of more than 4,000 deaths a DAY is possible. 

That's got to be the best yet. 

My calculator just gave up when I punched that number in. 

As a comparison, India, population 1,384,493,422, have had just over 1,200 daily deaths at their peak.

The USA, population 1,384,493,422, have hit UNDER 3,000 at their worst.

Brazil, population 213,061,062, have had just over 1,500 

I've picked the 3 countries who are performing badly, as we have TBH. 

Now, I'm not a scientist but I think the UK are unlikely to get MORE THAN 4,000 a day. 

Apologies, USA population is a paltry 331,648,064

31 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
49 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

There was a sizeable queue at Morrison's Lone end yesterday around 3,30. First I've had to stand in, in months. Only had to wait ten minutes though.

Not sure if it was selfish fools panic buying things like bog roll, or a last minute rush for Hallow'een stuff.

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There was a sizeable queue at Morrison's Lonend yesterday around 3,30. First I've had to stand in, in months. Only had to wait ten minutes though.

Not sure if it was selfish fools panic buying things like bog roll, or a last minute rush for Hallow'een stuff.

Fify.

Only one spelled that way in the UK.

i checked, cos I kinda remembered it was mibbe “Loan End” - but also inacccurate.  :)

https://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=248654&y=663521&z=110&sv=Lonend&st=6&tl=Map+of+Lonend,+Paisley,+Renfrewshire,+PA1&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Edited by antrin

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There was a sizeable queue at Morrison's Lone end yesterday around 3,30. First I've had to stand in, in months. Only had to wait ten minutes though.

The roads of Paisley were mobbed yesterday,busiest I’ve witnessed since Mar 23rd 🚗🚛🚙🚌🚚🏍🚑🛺🚎🚜🛵🚓🚐🚒

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Well you know what my theory is about the Chinese Government and the source of COVID-19.

Cnuts that they are.

How about the Japanese, quite a lot of people, highest daily death rate UNDER 50.

UK, not so many people, some twat predicting 4,000 a day.

Maybe this scientist has shares in toilet rolls? 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How about the Japanese, quite a lot of people, highest daily death rate UNDER 50.

UK, not so many people, some twat predicting 4,000 a day.

Maybe this scientist has shares in toilet rolls? 

For the love of god familiarise yourself with a news story before making a fool of yourself. 

09E4B714-98A5-4F63-B7A3-C3B471FB51F0.jpeg

When some clowns start throwing around a figure of 4,000 deaths a day it's hardly surprising many people would support another "lockdown".

4k A DAY ! I saw 85k by March and thought that was wild but 4k a day for 4 months is utter insanity (almost half a million by March if sustained).

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

4k A DAY ! I saw 85k by March and thought that was wild but 4k a day for 4 months is utter insanity (almost half a million by March if sustained).

Indeed.

I'm no "expert" but looking at the numbers in the worst countries, with massive populations, this 4,000 looks unlikely to an utter fantasy. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/10/31/health/us-coronavirus-saturday/index.html

Miserable stat 😓 I think it’s important not to lose sight of the impact this virus is having globally, cases are running wild in many different countries. 

Recorded global cases are increasing all the time, global deaths are back on the increase. It’s going to get far worse before it gets better. (Caveat for the pedantic, IMO)