Coronavirus

faraway saint

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Another country no doubt underestimating their total deaths.......I give you New Zealand.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=107cbab98f0e87ec612703FC-A856-4C44-B43E-FBEDD24F2512.thumb.png.152585605c611e197d25042868266608.png

No I agree NZ likely reporting correctly, they have done very well. 

You’re just trying to be argumentative because of the profile name but we largely agree tonight.
Try take conversations are face value, it makes a lot more sense 👍

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

That's exactly who I was referring to when I was mentioning it. The BBC website, no less are giving him a platform to spout this utter garbage. 

The attention whoring by scientists during this pandemic has been utterly shameful.

This has done potentially irrepairable damage to the profession.

11 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Been done loads before but bears repeating.

"Deaths of people who had tested positive for Covid-19  during the past 28 days".

Not that they had died of Covid, just that they had had a positive test in the month before they passed away.

Also been noted that given the excessive death stats & general hospitalisation rates, coincidental deaths probably aren’t going to be all that significant. It seems beyond reasonable doubt that Covid19 is hastening these people to their deaths. 

Also worth noting the reporting excludes people that have died due to Covid19 related causes, who’s tests were more than 28 days prior. 

Edited by bazil85

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Also been noted that given the excessive death stats & general hospitalisation rates, coincidental deaths probably aren’t going to be all that significant. It seems beyond reasonable doubt that Covid19 is hastening these people to their deaths. 

Also worth noting the reporting excludes people that have died due to Covid19 related causes, who’s tests were more than 28 days prior. 

No it is not. Everyone who has had a positive test and then dies will be lumped together no matter what the cause of death.

However this is my last post in response to you because you are the most tedious of bores on every subject and who has, and will, twist anything you disagree with in an attempt to troll.

7 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

No it is not. Everyone who has had a positive test and then dies will be lumped together no matter what the cause of death.

However this is my last post in response to you because you are the most tedious of bores on every subject and who has, and will, twist anything you disagree with in an attempt to troll.

Just engaging your view in conversation & you have jump to a conclusion, fine. 

I disagree with you because of excessive death stats, in my view that means at least in part there are a lot of people being hastened to their death.

You can remain in disagreement with that, fine. There will be no twisting or trolling from me, there doesn’t need to be. 👍

This could feed the lunatics amongst us.................although it does look as if it's worth a watch. :rolleyes:

Songbird Trailer 1 - Michael Bay Movie
Watch the first trailer for the Michael Bay-produced pandemic thriller 'Songbird.' The film's all-star cast includes KJ Apa, Sofia Carson, Craig Robinson, Bradley Whitford, Peter Stormare, Alexandra Daddario, Paul Walter Hauser, and Demi Moore.

Has the UK governments nerve cracked just as cases seem to be leveling out?

Should they have hung on for another week or two?

The Scottish government have been giving out some signals they think things are starting to slow down, maybe sticking to the tier system could see enough of a drop for things to be relaxed by the end of November? 

Hope so, I've got to decide what size of turkey to order up. 

Has the UK governments nerve cracked just as cases seem to be leveling out?
Should they have hung on for another week or two?
The Scottish government have been giving out some signals they think things are starting to slow down, maybe sticking to the tier system could see enough of a drop for things to be relaxed by the end of November? 
Hope so, I've got to decide what size of turkey to order up. 

Doesn't matter what size of turkey I buy. Always seem to be eating it for days later. [emoji16]

Wonder how them "reasonable" numbers are looking? :lol:

7 day average on case been steady around 21k - 22k for just over a week.

Deaths still slowly climbing.

Only a fool, or someone who can't understand numbers, would think there would be over 100k deaths by the end of the year. 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, shull said:

Ah, Sir Desmond Swayne, that well known supporter of the unemployed, is concerned that their numbers might increase. Sir Desmond, who first became known for taking part in marches against unemployment in the 1980's, is a regular volunteer at his local unemployed workers centre.

In solidarity, brother.