Coronavirus

faraway saint

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

If we had acted earlier when cases were lower we could have had circuit breaker lock downs for shorter periods, over the half-tern breaks & Christmas like I argued a month ago, so yet again I'll say I think we should have locked down during these periods. This would have driven down case numbers and saved lives, not just delayed deaths and all this with less damage to the economy than we'll eventually have to deal with - that's clearly what SAGE were advocating in September

Lockdowns obviously can save lives if you eliminate the virus as Far Eastern countries have shown and that Europe bottled out of in the summer, then you can concentrate on more established treatments, your method sacrifices people to Covid and Cancer etc and for what - to save you a bit of money when it comes to paying for the pandemic. It may very well be too late to eliminate the virus in the UK/Europe pre-vaccine and my fear is we'll probably not go the full distance again in this lockdown but to give an example I'd rather follow the Far Eastern route pf elimination coupled with near ubiquitous mask wearing than the half-hearted European route or perish the thought the US model that you, Nigel and your gammon window licking compadres want.

Aye, you're some boy, there's no other country in the world that would have considered a lockdown at that point.

The numbers were so low that IF the great British public had played the game we wouldn't have needed ANY further restriction, like many other countries.

Time you maybe moved into politics, you don;t half talk some shite. :lol:

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, you're some boy, there's no other country in the world that would have considered a lockdown at that point.

The numbers were so low that IF the great British public had played the game we wouldn't have needed ANY further restriction, like many other countries.

Time you maybe moved into politics, you don;t half talk some shite. :lol:

I'm mainstream me, I think me & Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer are advocating just about the same ideas...

Sir Keir told BBC One’s Andrew Marr Show: “Well these measures are necessary, everybody has seen the figures, the infection rates, the admission rates and tragically the death rates, and that’s why we called for a circuit-break.

“Now at that stage the Government rejected it out of hand, ridiculed it, now only to do precisely the same thing – but there’s a cost to that delay.

“The lockdown now will be longer, it’ll be harder, we’ve just missed half-term and there’s a very human cost to this.

“On the day that Sage recommended a circuit-break, the daily death rate was 11, yesterday it was 326, so there’s a very human cost to this, but the measures are necessary.

...although apparently he knows the difference between August & September.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm mainstream me, I think me & Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer are advocating just about the same ideas...

...although apparently he knows the difference between August & September.

IF they felt the need I do agree missing the school holidays was an error but I still think they have jumped as the numbers, cases, seem to be leveling out, as outrageously high as they are, which suggest the previous measures were having an effect.

Time you maybe moved into politics, you don;t half talk some shite. [emoji38]

I'd hazard a guess at New Zealand wouldn't have considered it, they would just do it. [emoji6]

Levelling out, but still up week-on-week, this is not yet the same as coming down, which is what we require, not that it matters much if as NS said today at her lunchtime briefing the aim is bring infections down in the hope we can have as normal a Christmas as possible - see ya in Lockdown3! :(

Edited by Bud the Baker

An upstanding member of the public.........................making a cnut of herself.

Police body-cam footage shows a woman swearing at officers as they ask her to wear a face covering to stop the spread of coronavirus.

The woman was threatened with arrest after launching a foul-mouthed rant during which she branded a fellow shopper "a sheep" and declared: "The government are full of s**t."

Footage released by West Midlands Police shows the woman asking "Is this really what it has boiled down to? You’re forcing people to wear masks?"

After being told "it’s the government that are requesting people" - she can be seen snapping back: "Well the government is full of s**t to be honest."

As the police officer explains: "It's government law, that's why this gentleman's got a face mask on,” the woman her anger on the passing shopper and tells him: "You all follow like a bunch of sheep."

She then asks what would happen if she refuses to leave the store, in Oldbury, West Midlands, and the officer informs her she could be fined.

On 24 July it became compulsory to wear face coverings in shops and on public transport in England.

However campaign groups have formed in resistance to the laws, claiming masks are ineffective, or an infringement on human rights.

The woman says "How are you going to fine me?" and the officer replies: "We have to arrest you."

She then can be heard sniggering and says: "So you're going to arrest me for not wearing a mask?"

She is then told she will be arrested for failing to give her details as she is breaching COVID restrictions.

She responds: "Do you know how much **** this sounds. Its ridiculous" before hurling her basket down in disgust and leaving the store. :lol:

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

An upstanding member of the public.........................making a cnut of herself.

Police body-cam footage shows a woman swearing at officers as they ask her to wear a face covering to stop the spread of coronavirus.

The woman was threatened with arrest after launching a foul-mouthed rant during which she branded a fellow shopper "a sheep" and declared: "The government are full of s**t."

Footage released by West Midlands Police shows the woman asking "Is this really what it has boiled down to? You’re forcing people to wear masks?"

After being told "it’s the government that are requesting people" - she can be seen snapping back: "Well the government is full of s**t to be honest."

As the police officer explains: "It's government law, that's why this gentleman's got a face mask on,” the woman her anger on the passing shopper and tells him: "You all follow like a bunch of sheep."

She then asks what would happen if she refuses to leave the store, in Oldbury, West Midlands, and the officer informs her she could be fined.

On 24 July it became compulsory to wear face coverings in shops and on public transport in England.

However campaign groups have formed in resistance to the laws, claiming masks are ineffective, or an infringement on human rights.

The woman says "How are you going to fine me?" and the officer replies: "We have to arrest you."

She then can be heard sniggering and says: "So you're going to arrest me for not wearing a mask?"

She is then told she will be arrested for failing to give her details as she is breaching COVID restrictions.

She responds: "Do you know how much **** this sounds. Its ridiculous" before hurling her basket down in disgust and leaving the store. :lol:

They should have been clamping down hard from the start on these nonconformists. Some things never change with joe public, my gran used to tell us about the wardens going around the streets in Thrushcraigs telling people to shut there curtains and put the lights out during air raids over Clydebank. I can’t imagine anyone refusing with the defence of “its violating my Human rights” 😂

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

19 hours ago, Yflab said:

I could have save the UK Government £11.8BN - by doing exactly what the Australian Government did by using the Singaporean test and trace app.

beat that!

PS don’t even get me started on the furlough scheme.... 😢 

What’s your thoughts on the furlough scheme? 🤔

Do tips need to be declared by law? [emoji15]
Yes, if the person receives them directly from let's say a customer, then they are liable for Income Tax but not for National Insurance purposes.

If they are paid out by the employer through their wages, it is the employers duty to deduct both the Income Tax and National Insurance contributions that are due.

In both cases, tips should not be included in making up to the minimum wage levels.

I'm ahead of the game again, not trolling around looking for more doom and gloom.....................

Downing Street REJECTS calls to end lockdown despite four more sets of real-world data showing second wave of Covid was dropping and R rate was stable BEFORE crippling restrictions based on flawed projections

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8917845/Weekly-Covid-19-infection-rates-dropped-82-countrys-149-local-authorities.html

Edited by faraway saint