Coronavirus

faraway saint

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Only passing on what I have heard from a previously very reliable source in the hope it might help some buds with contingency planning-hopefully it will not come to pass but still entirely foreseeable that it will

as you said, the government is ploughing money in to make schools safe, they have also not ruled out any measure that may be required to effect greater control over the spread of infection. 

I'd put it ,schools closing, in the "unlikely" category.

That's not from anyone ITK, that's just my opinion following the previous rhetoric and todays further thinking on schools. 

Also, are you saying the whole of Scotland, as you've not been very specific? 

However our very clear view is that the harm done to young peope by closing schools significantly outweighs any impact that schools have on transmission.

Keeping schools open is therefore a priority.

However, we will keep the guidance for schools – and how it is being implemented - under close review.

So, today, the 6th day in a row the cases have dropped, and by some margin.

As I indicated some weeks ago, leveling out and now dropping, which was to be expected by a few on here.

Now, it looks to me that the deaths are starting to level out, which usually follows the drop in cases. 

Not rocket science really. 

Wonder how them 80,000, 100,000 and even funnier 120,000 numbers are looking now. :lol:

As I indicated some weeks ago, leveling out and now dropping, which was to be expected by a few on here.
Now, it looks to me that the deaths are starting to level out, which usually follows the drop in cases. 
Wonder how them 80,000, 100,000 and even funnier 120,000 numbers are looking now. [emoji38]

And for the second day in a row soon to be T4 S Ayrshire has half the cases in T3 N Ayrshire 18 to 35. NAC now above SAC on every measure even before the new tiers start. Utter madness.

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wonder how them 80,000, 100,000 and even funnier 120,000 numbers are looking now. :lol:

It's staggering you're still standing by this view.

- As of yesterday if the average cases continue to the date I predicted regarding being around 80,000 we would be on circa 76,000 cases. 

- Average cases are still effectively going up, today is only the second day (from what I can tell) in months where the day on day weekly numbers haven't went up, you went mental when it happened a week past Sunday as well and the following few days showed how premature you were being, you seem to be doing the same again

- Yesterday the weekly average still went up by 65 on the same day last week

- From the visual below, it still clearly shows a massive cause for concern in raising cases, there isn't fundamental evidence for the levelling off we would need not to hit 80,000 deaths. 

You seemed to think numbers as high as 80,000 by the second week in January were crazy, unless we bring cases down very soon (let's hope we do) we will get very near that number, I still personally think we will exceed it. Please try and understand this isn't me wanting us to exceed it, it's a prediction. 

image.thumb.png.8be7bbe86389f7c9687dd1894cfb8ecb.png- from the 

Edited by bazil85

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Wonder how them 80,000, 100,000 and even funnier 120,000 numbers are looking now. emoji38.png

And for the second day in a row soon to be T4 S Ayrshire has half the cases in T3 N Ayrshire 18 to 35. NAC now above SAC on every measure even before the new tiers start. Utter madness.

Aye, we, in Angus, have very low numbers but are lumped in with Dundee, as I've mentioned, all revolving around Ninewells hospital, with the numbers showing there seems to be NO real threat to hospitals being able to cope.

image.png.4317181679f150bf76cba3933aaf45a6.png

How business's and families can plan for Christmas is becoming almost impossible. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's staggering you're still standing by this view.

- As of yesterday if the average cases continue to the date I predicted regarding being around 80,000 we would be on circa 76,000 cases. 

- Average cases are still effectively going up, today is only the second day (from what I can tell) in months where the day on day weekly numbers haven't went up, you went mental when it happened a week past Sunday as well and the following few days showed how premature you were being, you seem to be doing the same again

- Yesterday the weekly average still went up by 65 on the same day last week

- From the visual below, it still clearly shows a massive cause for concern in raising cases, there isn't fundamental evidence for the levelling off we would need not to hit 80,000 deaths. 

You seemed to think numbers as high as 80,000 by the second week in January were crazy, unless we bring cases down very soon (let's hope we do) we will get very near that number, I still personally think we will exceed it. Please try and understand this isn't me wanting us to exceed it, it's a prediction. 

image.thumb.png.8be7bbe86389f7c9687dd1894cfb8ecb.png- from the 

I'm fed up trying to get YOU to understand.

The cases have dropped 6 days in a row.

If you still think, and you being a nutter you could well do, that deaths, currently at 53, 274 will reach 80,000 by mid January, you are truly off your fecking rocket.

Again, to try to simplify this for you, that would need 468 deaths EVERY day.

Again  with cases dropping most people would see the deaths drop accordingly, except you. 

I have noticed your changing the goalposts by saying "close to 80,000", squirm squirm, wriggle wriggle.

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Wonder how them 80,000, 100,000 and even funnier 120,000 numbers are looking now. emoji38.png

being serious, how do the ayrshire figures work out per capita?

12 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Good point, as I can't find figures for Scotland using that measurement.

The last I heard for Angus was 87 per 100,000, yet still we're in level 3, bonkers IMO. 

Edited by faraway saint

142 for the NHS area as a whole but SA was higher than NA at 172 although those figures will have changed a bit over the last couple of days. SA is not helped by the high number of nursing homes given it's a retirement hotspot.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
48 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

142 for the NHS area as a whole but SA was higher than NA at 172 although those figures will have changed a bit over the last couple of days. SA is not helped by the high number of nursing homes given it's a retirement hotspot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53511877

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm fed up trying to get YOU to understand.

The cases have dropped 6 days in a row.

If you still think, and you being a nutter you could well do, that deaths, currently at 53, 274 will reach 80,000 by mid January, you are truly off your fecking rocket.

Again, to try to simplify this for you, that would need 468 deaths EVERY day.

Again  with cases dropping most people would see the deaths drop accordingly, except you. 

I have noticed your changing the goalposts by saying "close to 80,000", squirm squirm, wriggle wriggle.

Case numbers are not as important as recorded deaths, this has been explained to you multiple times and deaths are still on an upward trend, couple of days excluded. 

Last six days   Week before compassion

529    595

598   532

213    194

168    156

462    413

376   355

The average right now is 415, up from 260 at the start of November, there isn't any sign that the increase is just going to stop, you have jumped the gun. 

Your last point is also wrong, "I still personally think we will exceed it." You of course wont admit you have got this wrong, as you wont admit you were wrong if cases do top 80,000, you'll no doubt deflect by saying something like "Baz wanted this to happen" which anyone with a tiny bit of common sense knows is nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Case numbers are not as important as recorded deaths, this has been explained to you multiple times and deaths are still on an upward trend, couple of days excluded. 

Last six days   Week before compassion

529    595

598   532

213    194

168    156

462    413

376   355

The average right now is 415, up from 260 at the start of November, there isn't any sign that the increase is just going to stop, you have jumped the gun. 

Your last point is also wrong, "I still personally think we will exceed it." You of course wont admit you have got this wrong, as you wont admit you were wrong if cases do top 80,000, you'll no doubt deflect by saying something like "Baz wanted this to happen" which anyone with a tiny bit of common sense knows is nonsense. 

You just can't help being a fool

Love the way you dismiss " a couple of days", that's typical. 

Let's see who's wrong, and the smart money is on you.

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You just can't help being a fool

Love the way you dismiss " a couple of days", that's typical. 

Let's see who's wrong, and the smart money is on you.

It's not though, the trends for the vast majority of the days is on it hitting 80,000. If I'm wrong I'll happily admit it, in fact I would be delighted, less death the better.

I have little doubt if you're wrong you will not, you'll more than likely deflect to me somehow taking joy in people dying. We've already seen you lay the foundations haven't we? 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

It's not though, the trends for the vast majority of the days is on it hitting 80,000. If I'm wrong I'll happily admit it, in fact I would be delighted, less death the better.

I have little doubt if you're wrong you will not, you'll more than likely deflect to me somehow taking joy in people dying. We've already seen you lay the foundations haven't we? 

Says the guy who only posts when cases/deaths go up, a tragic empty individual. 

It looks like you're getting upset things are getting better, that sums you up. 🤡

Now, feck off, pop, and you have . :byebye

Just now, faraway saint said:

Says the guy who only posts when cases/deaths go up, a tragic empty individual. 

It looks like you're getting upset things are getting better, that sums you up. 🤡

Now, feck off, pop, and you have . :byebye

That's incorrect, I have told you several times that cases are a bit of a red herring right now, Oaks pointed it out to you as well before shamefully lying about being the one that educated me on that point.

Since the numbers topic came up, deaths have went up every single day bar two (comparably on previous week). My posts aren't linked to deaths going up, it's just the norm with only two days of exception (including today). No doubt yet again you won't acknowledge you were wrong about this, just like you haven't admitted you were wrong about me changing my view on the 80,000 deaths. 

I would be delighted if things got better, I just disagree that's the case right now. This is clearly a differentiation you can't get your head around isn't it?  

Are you going to put me on ignore again? Lol I feel a tap out... :whistle

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And it's no wonder people are beyond caring when this type of conflicting information is released from the Scottish government................Angus is closer to level 1 but we are in level 3. :1eye

image.png.d0f4b6a1803cf7654dece55cb9467f04.png

image.png.b1dcc01749959eb73a6e32ff6ae3e7a7.png

Dost mine eyes deceiveth me?

Are you finally showing signs of understanding who is to blame for these unnecessary restrictions?