Coronavirus

faraway saint

And it's no wonder people are beyond caring when this type of conflicting information is released from the Scottish government................Angus is closer to level 1 but we are in level 3. :1eye
image.png.d0f4b6a1803cf7654dece55cb9467f04.png
image.png.b1dcc01749959eb73a6e32ff6ae3e7a7.png

It just gets explained away that it's just 1 measure of several that determines a level. It's a perfect get out clause.

Surely I'm not the only one that's dumbfounded that there are still people that can't join up the dots regarding the situation we were in February/ March compared to now? We acted too late to lockdown then and we still have people using low case rates as a reason not to lockdown now? 😪

The steps we take are to try and curb a repeat of what happened earlier in the year, some very short memories out there. 

The ONS figures have  consistently been 35% higher than the one the gammonistas like to use...:rolleyes:

The latest data from the week up to 6 November take the total number of deaths with COVID-19 across England and Wales to 59,473.

.....and that's for England & Wales only so doesn't include the numbers for Scotland & Norn Ireland or the last two weeks when we've been running at 3/400 a day fishully so we can safely say it's over 70k by now throw in another 2/3 weeks at this rate (with Covid hospitalizations still going up that'll be an underestimate) and it'll easily be over 80k with 3 weeks still to go before the end of the year while we rush to implement a "near as normal" Christmas as possible.🎅🏾 🎚️

Scotland should've gone into lockdown with England at the start of the month instead of continuing with the Tiers option and we should bin this "near as normal" Christmas nonsense now. 🎅🏾 🎚️

I had an unplanned trip to the RAH today, on account of being a clumsy eejit and tripping over the weans scooter on the way to school. Ended up dislocating my elbow.

I expected it would be carnage, and I'd be there all day given Covid (even as someone who thinks the risk is exaggerated I genuinely thought that).

Staff were fantastic as always, but I would doubt the number of other patients I saw hit double figures. I had a total of seven doctors and nurses to put my elbow back in place, after a wait to be seen of around 30 seconds (I think the average wait is usually 3 to 4 hours).

I know this is just an anecdote, but today I saw absolutely no evidence of the NHS being at risk of being overwhelmed.

10 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I had an unplanned trip to the RAH today, on account of being a clumsy eejit and tripping over the weans scooter on the way to school. Ended up dislocating my elbow.

I expected it would be carnage, and I'd be there all day given Covid (even as someone who thinks the risk is exaggerated I genuinely thought that).

Staff were fantastic as always, but I would doubt the number of other patients I saw hit double figures. I had a total of seven doctors and nurses to put my elbow back in place, after a wait to be seen of around 30 seconds (I think the average wait is usually 3 to 4 hours).

I know this is just an anecdote, but today I saw absolutely no evidence of the NHS being at risk of being overwhelmed.

That's because it isn't.

Admissions have FALLEN at a decent rate with ICU not showing any real increase.

image.png.f02ee9bb743783dc9582a5c87265e2ad.png

image.png

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The ONS figures have  consistently been 35% higher than the one the gammonistas like to use...:rolleyes:

.....and that's for England & Wales only so doesn't include the numbers for Scotland & Norn Ireland or the last two weeks when we've been running at 3/400 a day fishully so we can safely say it's over 70k by now throw in another 2/3 weeks at this rate (with Covid hospitalizations still going up that'll be an underestimate) and it'll easily be over 80k with 3 weeks still to go before the end of the year while we rush to implement a "near as normal" Christmas as possible.🎅🏾 🎚️

Scotland should've gone into lockdown with England at the start of the month instead of continuing with the Tiers option and we should bin this "near as normal" Christmas nonsense now. 🎅🏾 🎚️

Can we? :lol:

Despite you looking for the bigger figures, something you've always done, the consistent worldometer is showing the WHOLE of the UK at  53, 775.

To reach this magic 80,000 but mid January you would need 3,276 a week, aye, EVERY week.

With numbers leveling out it WILL only go one way, that'll feck up your political scoring, until you scrape around for another angle. 

:byebye

20 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Just admit it you’ve been on the bevvy again.....

.....btw were the magnificent seven doing any dance practice?

Nah, no bevvy, quarter to nine in the morning is a bit early for me.

I didn't see any dance practice although it might explain why one of the doctors was wearing a tutu, I thought it was the drugs causing hallucinations.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Despite you looking for the bigger figures, something you've always done, the consistent worldometer is showing the WHOLE of the UK at  53, 775.

To reach this magic 80,000 but mid January you would need 3,276 a week, aye, EVERY week.

With numbers leveling out it WILL only go one way, that'll feck up your political scoring, until you scrape around for another angle. 

Today shows another positive day regarding death rates stabilising, of course most people likely won’t be ignorant enough to think we are out of the woods & death rates won’t go up any further... most people. :whistle

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And it's no wonder people are beyond caring when this type of conflicting information is released from the Scottish government................Angus is closer to level 1 but we are in level 3. :1eye

image.png.d0f4b6a1803cf7654dece55cb9467f04.png

image.png.b1dcc01749959eb73a6e32ff6ae3e7a7.png

There is not one local authority that has over 300 cases per 100,000, which is needed according to this to go into tier 4.

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So you didn't actually read my post - whose stats am I gonna give more credence to, a couple of politicians Nicola Johnson/Boris Sturgeon trying to deflect from their incompetence or the ONS who don't have an axe to grind? :byebye

Edited by Bud the Baker

So you didn't actually read my post - whose stats am I gonna give more credence to, a couple of politicians Nicola Johnson/Boris Sturgeon trying to deflect from their incompetence or the ONS who don't have an axe to grind? :byebye

Those two give politicians a bad name.

Today’s UK figures.

IMG_1605898359.875920.jpg

Unfortunately I got a phone call today, the care home my Dad is in, in Paisley, has 36 residents who have positive test results.
They'd done so well in the early mothns, no cases.
Worrying times. [emoji20]
Real worry for you, know what it is like when you aren't close by, hope everything goes ok.