Coronavirus

faraway saint

51 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You self isolate to protect other people, with over 250,000 dead in the US already that's a staggeringly crass statement!

The annual number of flu deaths in the USA over the past 10 years has varied from 12,000 to 61,000. I seem to remember several posters maintaining that Covid 19 was no more serious than flu. They seem to have become very quiet recently.

That's because it isn't.
Admissions have FALLEN at a decent rate with ICU not showing any real increase.
image.png.f02ee9bb743783dc9582a5c87265e2ad.png

image.png.297078d7357525b3e4333775d137ca71.png
Plus all hospitals are split into Covid and non Covid channels. With a dislocated elbow you would be nowhere near a Covid ward so as FS says with less demand (less of the usual cut finger brigade clogging up A & E due in part to better triage procedures) there is a better functioning service. I suspect given hospitalization numbers in certain areas a Covid channel would be far less serene.

Anecdotes like this should be better publicised as it would encourage more of the people with the serious illnesses that we keep hearing are on the rise due to C19 to get them investigated immediately. The NHS is functioning and the medical boffins keep telling us this almost every day yet we still have this over arching message that we need to avoid overwhelming the NHS. Yes Covid wards will be busy and yes that is a drain on human resources but there really is no need for someone who suspects they may have cancer etc to not present themselves at the earliest opportunity, it beggars belief that folk are not.

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Plus all hospitals are split into Covid and non Covid channels. With a dislocated elbow you would be nowhere near a Covid ward so as FS says with less demand (less of the usual cut finger brigade clogging up A & E due in part to better triage procedures) there is a better functioning service. I suspect given hospitalization numbers in certain areas a Covid channel would be far less serene.

Anecdotes like this should be better publicised as it would encourage more of the people with the serious illnesses that we keep hearing are on the rise due to C19 to get them investigated immediately. The NHS is functioning and the medical boffins keep telling us this almost every day yet we still have this over arching message that we need to avoid overwhelming the NHS. Yes Covid wards will be busy and yes that is a drain on human resources but there really is no need for someone who suspects they may have cancer etc to not present themselves at the earliest opportunity, it beggars belief that folk are not.

I think the point is, though, while hospitals are split into covid and non covid areas, staffing would be reflective of pressures in the whole hospital, so if the covid ward was busy, you would expect staff would be redeployed there, and there would not be two consultants, two student doctors and three nurses to sort a dislocated elbow (not that I'm complaining about the excellent service, but it really isn't indicative of a service under pressure).

Watched the start, he claimed as fact that less than 350 deaths from covid have been recorded in folk under the age of 60.

He quoted ONS, so I looked at the ONS figures and the first one I seen was the corresponding deaths of males in the age group 15-44. Total 386.

Why are folk posting these lies.

On Monday my friend was buried because he contracted covid. He was 56 years of age. I hope, I really do that none of you have to face a widow of this like I have.

17 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Watched the start, he claimed as fact that less than 350 deaths from covid have been recorded in folk under the age of 60.

He quoted ONS, so I looked at the ONS figures and the first one I seen was the corresponding deaths of males in the age group 15-44. Total 386.

Why are folk posting these lies.

On Monday my friend was buried because he contracted covid. He was 56 years of age. I hope, I really do that none of you have to face a widow of this like I have.

As soon as I seen he was using "free speech" as his foundation I stopped.

Utter fcukwits.

They "use" free speech to spout lies and extreme views, quite why, as you say, is beyond me but people will do/say anything.

Edited by faraway saint

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Utter fcukwits.

They "use" free speech to spout lies and extreme views, quite why, as you say, is beyond me but people will do/say anything.

Anything on the internet that claims to be "Mind blowing" is, without exception, unadulterated shite.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Utter fcukwits.

I think the problem is the debate has been polarised between right wing morons spouting nonsense, and those in support of the current establishment response. This means that those with rationale and legitimate concerns about measures that are put in place are labelled as 'covidiots' and rationale debate isn't allowed. Question the figures from government, or take the view that current restrictions are disproportionate to the threat, and suddenly you must be a Trump supporter. 

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think the problem is the debate has been polarised between right wing morons spouting nonsense, and those in support of the current establishment response. This means that those with rationale and legitimate concerns about measures that are put in place are labelled as 'covidiots' and rationale debate isn't allowed. Question the figures from government, or take the view that current restrictions are disproportionate to the threat, and suddenly you must be a Trump supporter. 

Christ, I'm in both camps. :lol:

3 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Somebody else trying to make money out the naive and gullible. The sooner the law catches up and starts fining the unregulated media the better. Disappointed Russian Saint. You usually have some decent points to make. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT