Coronavirus

faraway saint

Dunno if this wonderfully practical dissection of The stupid Buffoon and his stupid Governmental lockdowns has been posted in this thread, as it is presented by a normal, knowledgeable professor of epidemiology, Mike Yeadon, who used to be a VP in the field for Pfizer.

He's English, intelligent, literate and articulate and the video is about 30 minutes long.  Sadly, none of the (ab)normal rightwing fruitcakes in the thread above would be able to listen to such sense for so long before giving up.

(I have most of the above fruitcakes on Ignore, so only glimpse their madness when some Bluddie eedjit quotes them and I slide by the post..)

I enjoyed it.

Hope this link works for you, too.

(13) Facebook

Watched the start, he claimed as fact that less than 350 deaths from covid have been recorded in folk under the age of 60.

He quoted ONS, so I looked at the ONS figures and the first one I seen was the corresponding deaths of males in the age group 15-44. Total 386.

Why are folk posting these lies.

On Monday my friend was buried because he contracted covid. He was 56 years of age. I hope, I really do that none of you have to face a widow of this like I have.

Sorry to hear about your friend chap. For what it’s worth, my cousin has Covid and he’s in a care home (the one at the foot of the braes)
I believe 15 patients and roughly the same amount of staff have it.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Dunno if this wonderfully practical dissection of The stupid Buffoon and his stupid Governmental lockdowns has been posted in this thread, as it is presented by a normal, knowledgeable professor of epidemiology, Mike Yeadon, who used to be a VP in the field for Pfizer.

He's English, intelligent, literate and articulate and the video is about 30 minutes long.  Sadly, none of the (ab)normal rightwing fruitcakes in the thread above would be able to listen to such sense for so long before giving up.

(I have most of the above fruitcakes on Ignore, so only glimpse their madness when some Bluddie eedjit quotes them and I slide by the post..)

I enjoyed it.

Hope this link works for you, too.

(13) Facebook

A lot of good science in it, but a lot of "I think" and "I believe", often with out any reliable evidence to back up his opinions. However, I strongly suspect that some SAGE decisions have been based on unreliable data or possibly none at all, given the actions of the bumbling fuckwit recently.

I've absolutely no doubt that some of Professor Yeadon's opinions will prove to be correct in time, but there are other epidemiologists out there with opposing views on some of the matters, who will be correct in their assertions too.

What I did find particularly interesting was his views on the PCR test, regarding the detection of fragments of viral RNA from old infections and the throwing up of false positives. That could be artificially driving up positive test numbers just now, although like most things connected with this virus, there is a huge uncertainty on just what percentage of tests actually are positive. 

A lot of food for thought.

Edited by FTOF

Aye, this also stood out for me - and how it impacts on our ongoing lives...

What I did find particularly interesting was his views on the PCR test, regarding the detection of fragments of viral RNA from old infections and the throwing up of false positives. That could be artificially driving up positive test numbers just now, although like most things connected with this virus, there is a huge uncertainty on just what percentage of tests actually are positive. 

False positives that allow The Buffoon to keep screwing the UK hospitality, gyms, sport, leisure, hairdressing (so they tell me), fitba pubs.... and what his eedjits call non-essential small shops whilst Sainsbury, Tesco etc can still sell precisely the same items!

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

A lot of good science in it, but a lot of "I think" and "I believe", often with out any reliable evidence to back up his opinions. However, I strongly suspect that some SAGE decisions have been based on unreliable data or possibly none at all, given the actions of the bumbling fuckwit recently.

I've absolutely no doubt that some of Professor Yeadon's opinions will prove to be correct in time, but there are other epidemiologists out there with opposing views on some of the matters, who will be correct in their assertions too.

A lot of the science is still uncertain so yeah I agree when we come out of the other side of the tunnel both sides will likely be able to say we were right on certain (sic) issues. My opinion remains pretty much what it has been all along we should err on the side of caution and be strict in the restrictions we apply until affects of the vaccines kick in.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Tonight at Nine on Channel Four

IS COVID RACIST ?

The answer is Fecking Naw

That saves you watching the Shit Show.

Thanks not required.

Yeah but the country is institutionally racist so poor and BAME suffer worse proportionally, due to the workplace where less are able to work from home and housing conditions as they tend to live in poorer areas - as ever you ignore the wider context.

The answer is Fecking Aye!

Set to record - Thanks!

PS - This is the fancy la-dee-dah explanation

Dr. Camara Jones, an epidemiologist who worked at the Centers for Disease Control, that “this disproportionate effect is a social issue in the guise of an epidemiological one.”

Edited by Bud the Baker

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

The problem of false positives is pretty well know and researched. While there may be some truth in his ideas. The positive rate (percentage of tests positive) would only change if the prevalence of the Covid-19 changed which it has. 

21 minutes ago, insaintee said:

The problem of false positives is pretty well know and researched. While there may be some truth in his ideas. The positive rate (percentage of tests positive) would only change if the prevalence of the Covid-19 changed which it has

And which he points out is the reason that any further controls are being based on data that simply doesn't justify draconian measures being inflicted on society..

Well, more good news in that the amount of daily cases recorded seems to be dropping so hopefully we will see this being reflected in hospitalizations and deaths in the next few weeks, we also seem to have another successful vaccine.

On the other hand we have BJ claiming the Tiered restrictions will be "tougher" when England comes out of them on Dec 2 while simultaneously relaxing them in several areas and signalling via The Telegraph of easing restrictions for Christmas.

If we really are close to seeing daylight at the end of the tunnel then why not tough it out for just a little bit longer.

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well, more good news in that the amount of daily cases recorded seems to be dropping so hopefully we will see this being reflected in hospitalizations and deaths in the next few weeks, we also seem to have another successful vaccine.

On the other hand we have BJ claiming the Tiered restrictions will be "tougher" when England comes out of them on Dec 2 while simultaneously relaxing them in several areas and signalling via The Telegraph of easing restrictions for Christmas.

If we really are close to seeing daylight at the end of the tunnel then why not tough it out for just a little bit longer.

No surprise to me on that. :rolleyes:

It'll still be well into next years before this vaccine is available to the majority, business's and many people could be tipped over the edge by then.

It still seems the governments are willing to give the public the chance to do the basics, it's not that hard. 

It's noticeable the forum ghouls post count has dropped since things have stopped getting worse, shockerooney. 

Edited by faraway saint

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

well into next years before this vaccine is available to the majority, business's and many people could be tipped over the edge by then.

It still seems the governments are willing to give the public the chance to do the basics, it's not that hard. 

Yup, cases (but not hospitalizations or deaths yet as there is still a lag before these will drop) are indeed reducing but only after the lockdown restrictions you were arguing against last month were introduced, and then almost as soon as they are seen to be working BJ wants to downgrade restrictions beyond what they were previously, with the possible exception of hospitality, when lockdown ends on Dec 2 and have a holiday over Christmas undermining the sacrifices made over the last month - if it wasn't for the nonchalant attitude he's had towards the pandemic over the last 10 months I'd find it hard to understand.

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup, cases (but not hospitalizations or deaths yet as there is still a lag before these will drop) are indeed reducing but only after the lockdown restrictions you were arguing against last month were introduced, and then almost as soon as they are seen to be working BJ wants to downgrade restrictions beyond what they were, outside of hospitality, when lockdown ends on Dec 2 and have a holiday over Christmas undermining the sacrifices made over the last month - if it wasn't for the nonchalant attitude he's had towards the pandemic over the last 10 months I'd find it hard to understand.

The numbers, cases, were showing signs, if you'd paid attention, before the "lockdown" as the tier system was working. 

Hospitalizations........................aye?

image.png.f02ee9bb743783dc9582a5c87265e2ad.png

Nonsense, as this "nonchalant attitude" has cost the government/country billions is trying to keep jobs and people afloat. 

I'm pretty sure the government would have loved to have stopped the furlough system. 

Anyhow, circles here again. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 hours ago, shull said:

Tonight at Nine on Channel Four

IS COVID RACIST ?

The answer is Fecking Naw

That saves you watching the Shit Show.

Thanks not required.

Shull, you dont even think you are racist, despite your constant stream of alt right propaganda.

Dont think your opinion is that reliable.

7 hours ago, insaintee said:

The problem of false positives is pretty well know and researched. While there may be some truth in his ideas. The positive rate (percentage of tests positive) would only change if the prevalence of the Covid-19 changed which it has. 

6 hours ago, antrin said:

And which he points out is the reason that any further controls are being based on data that simply doesn't justify draconian measures being inflicted on society..

Why should the percentage of false positives increase if the prevalence rises?

Edited by smcc

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Shull, you dont even think you are racist, despite your constant stream of alt right propaganda.

Dont think your opinion is that reliable.

We are all the one Human Race.

Some good, some bad.

I like the good.

You're quite bad by accusing people with absolutely no evidence.

I'll bide my time.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

It'll still be well into next years before this vaccine is available to the majority, business's and many people could be tipped over the edge by then.

It's noticeable the forum ghouls post count has dropped since things have stopped getting worse, shockerooney. 

Nope, as I keep pointing out to you a prediction is not a hope something happens. You are simply providing yourself with an out if I'm right. Instead of being a bigger person than you have been in the past and saying "I was wrong" You'll spin it to me somehow taking pleasure in death rates, that has never and will never be the case. Obviously I hope I am wrong regarding my prediction but I still don't see it, I think we will hit 80,000 deaths by the end of the second week in January.

The reason for the drop in posts is the drop in footfall on this thread, a few people that have tapped out... I mean put me on ignore have seemingly cut right back on posting. You obviously failed at that several times, proving my point which I'll note for you again. You thrive off engaging with me and you know it. :whistle

The five step ignore guide to BAWA

1. Say you're going to stop responding and arguing with the person
  2. Keep responding and arguing with them a bit longer
  3. Put the person on ignore (make sure you announce it to everyone)
  4. Still follow almost every response to the person and bring the person up in completely unrelated topics, often bringing up long dead argument points you already said you’d stop arguing with them over
  5. Take the person off ignore and repeat from step one

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The numbers, cases, were showing signs, if you'd paid attention, before the "lockdown" as the tier system was working. 

Hospitalizations........................aye?

Nonsense, as this "nonchalant attitude" has cost the government/country billions is trying to keep jobs and people afloat. 

I'm pretty sure the government would have loved to have stopped the furlough system. 

Anyhow, circles here again. 

No, the reported number of cases were not coming down before the lockdown, they were at just over 20,000 per day on Oct 20 were still going up, albeit slightly to pushing 25,000 per day by the time the English lockdown came in on Nov 5 and have only just started to dip under the 20,000 per day figure now 2 weeks later - the connection is clear the Tier system as applied down south wouldn't have brought the number of cases down.

Badly timed decisions, mixed messages, you're correct the nonchalant attitude of this government has cost the country billions and that's before you throw the cost of cronyism into the mix.

Edited by Bud the Baker