Coronavirus

faraway saint

Over in Switzerland, they have not introduced a lockdown in response to the “second wave” and restrictions have been light.

Yet “cases” have followed exactly the same trajectory as they have in the U.K. and any other country with heavy restrictions.

Absolute lunacy to think that the virus can be “controlled”

Meanwhile we continue to destroy the worldwide economy and continue to deny access to healthcare 

9A6663C8-8BCA-4122-A84E-A3A621FBAD4D.jpeg

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Cases continue to drop quite dramatically, that's been around 3 weeks they have been dropping.

Deaths are very slightly dropping, fingers crossed they follow the cases with a similar reduction.

image.png.1384efde3d4f0fc4683488cf60795256.png

image.png.f2bd8efa06cf8dc4d234093711ab7c58.png

We could have zero cases, with transmission only happening between sheep on the Isle of Arran, and wee Nic will still have us all in tier 3.

52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

BBC News - Covid in Scotland: Level 4 restrictions 'could remain after 11 December'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55206120

Hostage to fortune by NS back in November - yet another example of her handling of the pandemic being pretty mediocre.

If the current level of new cases are not coming down fast enough in the Tier 4 areas will she have the balls to extend these periods?

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Hostage to fortune by NS back in November - yet another example of her handling of the pandemic being pretty mediocre.

If the current level of new cases are not coming down fast enough in the Tier 4 areas will she have the balls to extend these periods?

None of the areas in tier 4 meet the criteria, which is 300 cases per 100 000 people. Renfrewshire is currently the highest  at 199 cases. Of course, the media never point out that the Government arent following their own guidelines or are being ridiculously risk averse.

20 minutes ago, Hendo said:

None of the areas in tier 4 meet the criteria, which is 300 cases per 100 000 people. Renfrewshire is currently the highest  at 199 cases. Of course, the media never point out that the Government arent following their own guidelines or are being ridiculously risk averse.

There are 5 criteria and yes the FM has admitted that the government will always err on the side of caution - if certain areas should remain in Tier 4 then my opinion would be so be it despite what NS said on Nov 20. 

1. Case detection rates in all age groups
  2. Case detection rates in the over-60s
  3. The rate at which cases are rising or falling
  4. The positivity rate - the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken
  5. Pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

There are 5 criteria and yes the FM has admitted that the government will always err on the side of caution - if certain areas should remain in Tier 4 then my opinion would be so be it despite what NS said on Nov 20. 

1. Case detection rates in all age groups
  2. Case detection rates in the over-60s
  3. The rate at which cases are rising or falling
  4. The positivity rate - the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken
  5. Pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy

:lol:

How many of the points above are actually causing this "erring on the side of caution"? 

All, any or nane? 

Edited by faraway saint

48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

How many of the points above are actually causing this "erring on the side of caution"? 

All, any or nane? 

I presume it's all in here - the Scottish government's weekly review.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): protection levels - reviews and evidence - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)

I don't agree with everything the Scottish government has done over the course of the pandemic but they've been pretty open about their decisions.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Did I see that a Scottish government representative made a statement about changes to the current tiers then has backtracked? 
Surely not, that would have been brought to our attention on here by all the impartial forum posters? 
I barely caught the item, can anyone shed any light? 

No, it was misinterpreted by others.

Was clear to me what she referring to. [emoji6]

13 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

It was during a BBC interview. If the BBC have deleted it, you'd have to ask them why. emoji14.png

It's ok, I'll help you....................:lol:

image.png.c462dd95a6b808e4b62122aa3326499b.png

THIS is the key point....................

She posted: "11 local authorities currently in level 4 will come out of that level on Friday."