Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Last post tonight as I’m off out round to a friend’s house again tonight. Lockdown rules are there to be ignored.

Its been a fantastic week for the Buds. Enjoy your Saturday night and try not to worry to much about the pandemic - it ended back in May.

Let's see how that develops over the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Yep, funny how ‘hardly any cases’ can change to a ‘shed load of cases’ pretty quickly... almost as if we should put mitigation in place to stop it happening. :whistle

So there were hardly any cases in October, hardly any in December but a shed load in between? Shall we just lockdown completely for ever more in case bad things happen?

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

How many times does this view have to be shown to be wrong before you change it? 
- Hardly any cases late Feb/ early March 

- hardly any cases September/ October

- hardly any cases mid December. 

Covid19 spreads with people in close contact & can take hold very quickly without strong restrictions. Why do you still need told that in December 2020? 😓

:1eye

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So there were hardly any cases in October, hardly any in December but a shed load in between? Shall we just lockdown completely for ever more in case bad things happen?

The point is, these restrictions are proposed for a reason. Saying we shouldn’t have them/ too much in an area because at this current time there aren’t many cases, has been shown not to be a good way to manage the virus... pretty obvious really. 

Your last sentence, I’m not sure why you’d ask me that, it isn’t remotely what I am suggesting. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

🤡

Now you have failed in your attempt to keep me on ignore, here’s the latest line of defence when I fairly challenge your views on the pandemic 😬

Still waiting for the apology regarding some of the language you used towards me on the Covid death prediction by the way. A bigger person would have already. 👍

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

How many times does this view have to be shown to be wrong before you change it? 

Covid19 spreads with people in close contact & can take hold very quickly without strong restrictions. Why do you still need told that in December 2020? 😓

Let me try to get this straight, you are advocating tighter restrictions in an area that has a very low number of cases? :1eye

Still waiting for the apology regarding some of the language you used towards me on the Covid death prediction by the way. A bigger person would have already. 👍

You are an utter bawbag, is that sufficient? :double

Covid19 spreads with people in close contact & can take hold very quickly without strong restrictions. Why do you still need told that in December 2020? [emoji29]

For all that...... only 4280 deaths. (As of today from https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/)

No doubt there’ll be someone that’ll come along to say those figures are wrong.

2 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

THIS is an astounding statement............................so todays panic is a heads or tails choice that this new strain might increase or decrease cases?

What a fecking mess. 

What scientists must now tackle are concerns about the impact of the new variant – in particular whether it will lead to an increase in cases of severe Covid illness or actually result in fewer cases. 

20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Let me try to get this straight, you are advocating tighter restrictions in an area that has a very low number of cases? :1eye

You are an utter bawbag, is that sufficient? :double

I agree with the tighter restrictions announced today if that’s what you’re asking, yes. 

Oh well, like I say it would have taken a bigger person to put their hands & apologise 

13 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

For all that...... only 4280 deaths. (As of today from https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/)

No doubt there’ll be someone that’ll come along to say those figures are wrong.

We’ve done better than some countries in controlling the virus but that’ll be partly down to a more cautious approach. There hasn’t been anything unreasonable proposed to protect human life. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I agree with the tighter restrictions announced today if that’s what you’re asking, yes. 

You, again, show you would agree if the government told you to jump off a cliff.....................................not a bad idea.

Here's the numbers for Angus, moved from tier 2 to tier 4, why, no data to even come close to justifying it, for any sane person.

image.thumb.png.128f61c9e351e51b2a47fabdd7a32c56.png

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You, again, show you would agree if the government told you to jump off a cliff.....................................not a bad idea.

Here's the numbers for Angus, moved from tier 2 to tier 4, why, no data to even come close to justifying it, for any sane person.

image.thumb.png.128f61c9e351e51b2a47fabdd7a32c56.png

Whether you want to agree with the government (remember not just one or two or three but four different party led governments for each home nation have all agreed stricter action is needed in practically every part of the U.K.) or not, it doesn’t change the fact we can look back on this pandemic & how fast the virus can spread. The only way your worldview works is if Covid19 has stopped working the way it has been over the last 9 months or so in the U.K. Just because cases are low right now, does not mean an area doesn’t need tighter restrictions. 

How often does that pattern need to happen before it sinks in with you? Obviously third time isn’t the charm. :whistle

Whether you want to agree with the government (remember not just one or two or three but four different party led governments for each home nation have all agreed stricter action is needed in practically every part of the U.K.) or not, it doesn’t change the fact we can look back on this pandemic & how fast the virus can spread. The only way your worldview works is if Covid19 has stopped working the way it has been over the last 9 months or so in the U.K. Just because cases are low right now, does not mean an area doesn’t need tighter restrictions. 

How often does that pattern need to happen before it sinks in with you? Obviously third time isn’t the charm. :whistle

This sentence, also sums you up as it makes no sense and has no scientific evidence to back it up.

How do you think New Zealand has got on? 

This is why people get fed up trying to debate with you.

You're incapable of any sense and it's like trying to converse with a brick wall.

6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

The countries with the greatest success have been those that have introduced strict quarantine/isolation rules on foreign travel. Why not here Baz?

No idea, I agree fully there should have been & in place very early. Assuming since we agree you won’t be getting argumentative at my response tonight? 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This sentence, also sums you up as it makes no sense and has no scientific evidence to back it up.

How do you think New Zealand has got on? 

This is why people get fed up trying to debate with you.

You're incapable of any sense and it's like trying to converse with a brick wall.

Scientific evidence to back it up? Strange you’d mention that,  your view seems to be we can discount scientific evidence & conclude anyway we individually want... since we are far more equipped than those doing documented research after all 😂😂

NZ - very well 

You just get upset if people don’t blindly agree with you, you aren’t the only one. 

Again, this isn’t true. What you are basically saying is, unless I change my view & agree with you, there’s no point in debating me (once again not the only one) It is not & never has been the case. People disagree, get over it. 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Why the fcuk they continued to allow foreign travel without proper isolation for 14 days after travel I will never know.

Fcukwits run this cuntry........

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/30/coronavirus-strain-from-spain-accounts-for-most-uk-cases-study

If they had grounded airlines, or at the very least introduced proper quarantine measures like Australia, we'd probably be coming out of this by now.

29 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I made that point back in Feb/Mar. It’s fcuking criminal that it was allowed to happen at all. And even now they continue to fcuk it up.

There were things that happened at the beginning such as Cheltenham festival that shouldn't have gone ahead but imo they went ahead due to financial pressure because the warnings were there. Most of the rules they come out with are as clear as mud(we got boris). Take where I think big problem is, schools. They have individual class bubbles within year groups within school but all year groups mix  on school transport, so you can have say 70 kids on a decker going to and from school with no distancing and that's ok apparently . because it's a 'school' contract. At our place we don't call them kids, covid carriers instead.

It was struggling due to the lockdown and I had to change the business virtually overnight to go online.
Once I did that we were eventually OK. You've missed a chunk of the story.
If you are going to be a smart arse it's best to get your facts right lest one makes oneself look an absolute twat. [emoji12]
Well since I don't read all your post I must have missed the part you were now doing well. I certainly wasn't trying to be a smart arse and well done to you for getting it right [emoji106]