Coronavirus

faraway saint

So, in order to justify putting London and the south into lockdown, the U.K. has made up a new strain of covid that is more contagious.

And as a result. Europe has now closed its borders to us meaning that food and supplies can’t get through. 

And Nicola Sturgeon has jumped on the Tory lies in order to use them and out Scotland into lockdown. 

There is no second wave, there are no excess deaths being caused by covid. The pandemic ended in May.

What we now have is a pseudo epidemic. A casedemic.

And the middle class left are using it to have their fun pushing their political agendas.

And all the while, real people are being denied hospital treatment, real people are dying and real working class livelihoods are being destroyed. 

16 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Australia vs UK (obviously we are 3 times population). The death count puts into perspective the difference in approach to this pandemic. 

62FF57E3-8D75-46B0-898E-46D225447005.thumb.jpeg.424f2db8e71b9f633f0698ff2b5b90fe.jpeg7E6616D9-6EBA-49F6-B117-7C44F4AFF966.thumb.jpeg.f206889464c93c0dfc3cb47effbd1f43.jpeg

None of the countries around that part of the world have been hit badly. This suggests pre immunity rather than having had anything to do with their approach.

Australia also has completely different seasonality. 

The biggest problem with the whole crisis has been governments thinking they could do anything to stop it.

Government interventions have only * increased * the death toll around the world. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Ans what, exactly, do you suggests.

More importantly, what would YOU do?

I suspect, as usual, not a thing. :lol:

If I were in charge I’d immediately do the following:

1. Admit we were wrong and the pandemic ended months ago

2. Stop all testing

3. Remove all restrictions

4. Get the health service back running normally

The whole crisis has been a self inflicted disaster. 

Edited by Sue Denim

On 12/19/2020 at 11:43 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

There were things that happened at the beginning such as Cheltenham festival that shouldn't have gone ahead but imo they went ahead due to financial pressure because the warnings were there. Most of the rules they come out with are as clear as mud(we got boris). Take where I think big problem is, schools. They have individual class bubbles within year groups within school but all year groups mix  on school transport, so you can have say 70 kids on a decker going to and from school with no distancing and that's ok apparently . because it's a 'school' contract. At our place we don't call them kids, covid carriers instead.

Hancock is MP for the area around Newmarket .  He has received a lot of money from stable owners. He goes to many race meetings and Horse-racing social events.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/16/horse-racing-tory-donations-and-a-swift-return-from-lockdown-matt-hancock

He knows who is paying him.

Big problem for the governments in the U.K. was tact if they had allowed Christmas to go ahead and the resulting swathes of deaths didn’t occur then there would be questions asked.

They have to keep this pseudo epidemic going until the vaccine is rolled out. So many people have so so many different vested interests in this that they have to keep lying. 

Cheltenham is a red herring. Covid was already widespread long before then and circulating in a young, healthy population is good. 

The real criminal offences that literally caused tens of deaths were:

1. Throwing 25k sick and elderly people out of hospital

2. seeding covid into care homes

3. Slapping DNR orders on anyone over 75

4. Restricting healthcare services to the public

We shifted the burden of herd immunity from the young and healthy into the old, the sick and the poor. 

And tens of thousands have died as a result. 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure where you are going with this but by immediate family I am only including those who live in the same house as me.

We have been in various tiers and under some form of restriction since March.

I was simply suggesting that your...

“Beyond my immediate family I don't need anyone else.

Also, there are fewer people in my life who could give me covid.”

...might be a bit glib.

Unless you had immense food and fuel stocks (and loo rolls), and energy and other vital resources, then someone in your family has had to be interacting with other humans - who, like you or your family - are at risk of contracting a virus.

that must have been a particularly strict personal/familial lockdown to make you all so impregnable.

Someone on the news described the new virus strain as "terrifying".

FFS some people need to get some perspective.

Ebola is terrifying.

Having convicted rapist Mike Tyson come at you with boxing gloves on is terrifying.

A virus which kills relatively only a handful of people is anything but terrifying.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

I was simply suggesting that your...

“Beyond my immediate family I don't need anyone else.

Also, there are fewer people in my life who could give me covid.”

...might be a bit glib.

Unless you had immense food and fuel stocks (and loo rolls), and energy and other vital resources, then someone in your family has had to be interacting with other humans - who, like you or your family - are at risk of contracting a virus.

that must have been a particularly strict personal/familial lockdown to make you all so impregnable.

Yeah you've gone for an absolute when I was clearly referring to a relative measure.

If I'd said "no people outside my immediate family who could give me covid" you'd have had a point.

Edited by oaksoft

55 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Came off the night shift and onto the M8 and it was choca - as many cars as pre-lockdown for 7ish. OK I know there might be a lot less car-sharing than before the pandemic but the roads are nowhere near as quiet as they were in April.

Doesn't the new rule not come into place till boxing day? 

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Someone on the news described the new virus strain as "terrifying".

FFS some people need to get some perspective.

Ebola is terrifying.

Having convicted rapist Mike Tyson come at you with boxing gloves on is terrifying.

A virus which kills relatively only a handful of people is anything but terrifying.

Grant Shapps this morning(This Morning, R4 bbc) said that a dozen friends were at a small wedding a week or so ago.
After it, one attendee had a pre-test to go in for surgery: he was positive.
So the others got checked out. A further 8 tested/proved positive. 

None he said, showed signs of illness. Or deterioration. So, he’s suggesting, there is no problem with the variant.

anecdotal bollox but that’s the level of our governance.

Edited by antrin

54 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

2. Stop all testing

You seem not to understand the definition of a pandemic.

If it has ended why is the number of cases, hospital admissions and deaths continuing to rise in USA, and why are so many hospitals in USA under such pressure?

image.thumb.png.6297e04f9c9d1016a4f3674b5f681549.png

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Exactly what you have spent months bollocking me for. I ignore the rules.

That's fine but dimwits like you are the last people who should be whining about restrictions when you help the spread.

Also, if any dimwits like you, or your family, catch this there will be no sympathy heading your way from me, and many others.

Oh, I know your next line......."I don't need/want your sympathy" which is also fine.

Just remember that if your wife/daughter is lying in an ICU ward, slipping in/out of consciousness, gasping for breath. 

You can say 'I fecking showed them and their daft rules"

A selfish moron just about covers you. 

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh FFS it's not "tragic".

Over emotional nonsense.

- Good news feel happy viral videos 

- Older people wanting to have a sex life

- People with mental health issues just because a news article said they turned down help

- The heartbreak of many families that have prepared for a Christmas that now can't happen 

Your level where things become "over emotional" is very low, what a miserable git :whistle

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

2. Stop all testing

Thank god you are not in charge then. You'd start with lying to the country, then condemn large numbers of the most vulnerable people in society to death & others to long-term covid related issues while crippling the NHS. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Exactly what you have spent months bollocking me for. I ignore the rules.

Yet, just the other week you were wittering on about football clubs were in a privileged position and need to follow the rules.

You’ve swung from one extreme to the other during this whole crisis.

And like virtually every topic you comment on, you’ve been completely clueless, like @faraway saint

😜

37 minutes ago, smcc said:

You seem not to understand the definition of a pandemic.

If it has ended why is the number of cases, hospital admissions and deaths continuing to rise in USA, and why are so many hospitals in USA under such pressure?

image.thumb.png.6297e04f9c9d1016a4f3674b5f681549.png

1. We don’t live in the USA, we live in the UK

2. “Cases, deaths and hospital admissions” are a factor of the flawed PCR test.

180k hospital staff were furloughed in the USA back in the spring. Less than 80k have been brought back. 

You need to start doing some research and start thinking for yourself. 

@smcc

Excess deaths in the US and covid deaths.

First graph shows excess deaths, the first peak with the Northern states in the Spring, the second peak caused by the southern states in the summer

Notice how, despite restrictions all starting at the same time, they didn’t stop the southern peak.

Second graph shows covid deaths now skyrocketing in the pseudo second wave but, as can be seen by the first graph, not match by the same increase in excess deaths.

Cause of current excess deaths is the restrictions placed on access to healthcare this year all those furloughed staff for starters).

Unless you believe that non covid deaths are at record lows, the covid graph can’t be true. 

Reported covid deaths are an artefact of massive testing. 

C94E6529-C1D9-4D2C-A7A7-2C3ABE998053.jpeg

23FC0675-6946-4D5F-979C-8EA00FE04AC2.jpeg

5BA8D817-87CF-4001-A46F-0839A791C81D.jpeg

Edited by Sue Denim

36 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

1. We don’t live in the USA, we live in the UK

2. “Cases, deaths and hospital admissions” are a factor of the flawed PCR test.

180k hospital staff were furloughed in the USA back in the spring. Less than 80k have been brought back. 

You need to start doing some research and start thinking for yourself. 

As usual you produce figures and graphs to attempt to support your point of view but still do not admit that the pandemic is world wide. You keep talking about excess deaths but do not admit that the main reason for the excess non-Covid deaths is the stress on health services because of Covid.

Try looking at sources that don't suit you e.g. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/09/us/covid-hospitals-icu-capacity.html

Among other things the headline gives the lie to your assertion that the pandemic is over.

‘There’s No Place for Them to Go’: I.C.U. Beds Near Capacity Across U.S.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

That's fine but dimwits like you are the last people who should be whining about restrictions when you help the spread.

Also, if any dimwits like you, or your family, catch this there will be no sympathy heading your way from me, and many others.

Oh, I know your next line......."I don't need/want your sympathy" which is also fine.

Just remember that if your wife/daughter is lying in an ICU ward, slipping in/out of consciousness, gasping for breath. 

You can say 'I fecking showed them and their daft rules"

A selfish moron just about covers you. 

Oh f**k off with this drama queenery. 🤣

People die. It's sad but it's part of life and life is nothing but risk.

Away and hide under the bedsheets.

And you're right. I have no interest in what you or anyone else thinks of me. You represent zero value to me.

Edited by oaksoft