Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Short term, let's not panic, there's plenty of stuff, including toilet rolls, to get us through Christmas.

Taking no chances.

Did a very big shop today to get us through to the end of January.

Two full trolleys.

Just as well we have a big fridge and lots of storage.

Enough toilet paper to decorate three rooms.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wouldn't know. I made it a policy never to hire anyone outside the family. You can never trust an employee.

That sums your inadequacies up right there. 

Nepotism rarely works, never mind 100% nepotism,  you get the wrong people in the wrong place, reducing efficiency and operating at reduced capacity.

Suppose that's why you wrapped things up.

Edited by faraway saint

10 minutes ago, smcc said:

You still haven't said whether you trust them.

I don't ask much of people but if you want me to answer your post it needs to be interesting, clever or funny.

If I don't respond it's usually because it's failed to hit one or more of those.

Edited by oaksoft

51 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

I’m no more likely to pass on covid and kill someone than any other virus. 

If you feel that passionate about it, I’m assuming you’ll be social distancing, wearing a mask and not entering someone else’s house ever again?

Nope i'll be getting a vaccine. Guess you won't, no need eh?

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That sums your inadequacies up right there. 

Nepotism rarely works, never mind 100% nepotism,  you get the wrong people in the wrong place, reducing efficiency and operating at reduced capacity.

Suppose that's why you wrapped things up.

Nope. I wrapped things up because I lucked out and someone offered and paid us a ridiculous amount of money for our business. Be happy for me.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Nope. I wrapped things up because I lucked out and someone offered and paid us a ridiculous amount of money for our business. Be happy for me.

I usually do feel happy for people in these circumstances but you are a huge exception to that rule. 

You really don't come across as likeable in any way

The 4th round of Spain's big serologic survey Is out

https://portalcne.isciii.es/enecovid19/informes/informe_cuarta_ronda.pdf

Of those in hospital with covid for 7 days or less, 87% didn’t have covid

56% of long stay covid hospitalisations didn’t have covid either

And 53% of covid ICU hospitalisations didn’t have covid

Pseudo epidemic 

1 minute ago, Sue Denim said:

Pseudo epidemic 

If you offered a translated version it might have been more credible.

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

No, I don’t accept any of that. It’s all mainly an artefact of testing. I’ve explained this countless times.

Excess deaths is the real measure and excess deaths do not support covid deaths. 

Well which is it? Are you using those Welsh facts as somehow creating your point that Covid hospital admissions aren't a concern or do you reject those statistics and claim there are not nearly 1/3 of patient in Welsh hospitals with Covid? You again back yourself into a corner. 

Excess deaths categorically do support Covid deaths. For your ridiculous theory to be correct, it has to be either coincidental that we are hurdling towards 100,000 excessive deaths since the pandemic started or you would need to evidence other related cause(s) that miraculously stopped in the summer as well when Covid cases dropped.

You have never given a solution to this issue, no evidence backs up an alternative solution and you are going against practically every related bit of scientific research. Even scientists arguing for restrictions to end aren't claiming the majority of these excessive deaths aren't something other than Covid. So what is your alternative claim and where is the science that backs it up? 

8 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Pseudo epidemic 

So even by your own evidence (which I will assume for now because I don't speak Spanish) 

44% of long stay hospitalisations had Covid 

47% of ICU hospitalisation had Covid. 

Will you now surely accept that your "pandemic is over" claim is categorically false? That's several of your own sources that contradict your claim. 

Edited by bazil85

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Well which is it? Are you using those Welsh facts as somehow creating your point that Covid hospital admissions aren't a concern or do you reject those statistics and claim there are not nearly 1/3 of patient in Welsh hospitals with Covid? You again back yourself into a corner. 

Excess deaths categorically do support Covid deaths. For your ridiculous theory to be correct, it has to be either coincidental that we are hurdling towards 100,000 excessive deaths since the pandemic started or you would need to evidence other related cause(s) that miraculously stopped in the summer as well when Covid cases dropped.

You have never given a solution to this issue, no evidence backs up an alternative solution and you are going against practically every related bit of scientific research. Even scientists arguing for restrictions to end aren't claiming the majority of these excessive deaths aren't something other than Covid. So what is your alternative claim and where is the science that backs it up? 

No idea what you are on about in your first paragraph.

Second paragraph, my point is solely about the pseudo second wave. Indeed, the large number of excess deaths in the Spring and it’s correlation with covid deaths a d the lack of either in the pseudo second wave is my very point.

And as usual, you provide not a single bit of evidence whatsoever in your post.

Provide evidence and I will respond. Your opinion - which I disagree with - isn’t evidence.