Coronavirus

faraway saint

So why in Asia where they have been hugely successful in controlling COVID do all the folks still wear masks and have been from the beginning.
Strikes me that you are making comments about a subject that you just don't have a clue about

The Asian countries that I’ve been to including South Korea, Singapore, Japan, far eastern Russia and Kazakhstan. Wearing masks is a normal practice, pandemic or not chap. A practice I may add couldn’t get my head around at first, but after a few weeks I didn’t bat an eyelid at.

On 12/21/2020 at 3:27 PM, lenziebud said:

So why in Asia where they have been hugely successful in controlling COVID do all the folks still wear masks and have been from the beginning.

Strikes me that you are making comments about a subject that you just don't have a clue about

How do you know that the low number of deaths are down to anything that they’ve done?

Maybe they already had a level of pre-existing immunity from other coronaviruses?

Strikes me that you’re making comments about a subject that you just don’t have a clue about 

Mind you, I doubt you have a clue about *any* subject you comment about 

You can’t help being stupid I suppose 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Sharing graphs that contradict your claims is not a very strong argument technique. 

In actual relevant news, sad to see excessive deaths have went over 80,000 during this pandemic. It is clear to most using logic that this is overwhelmingly because there is a deadly virus STILL killing in the UK. We wait for another explanation for every single one of these 80,000 excessive deaths from pandemic deniers. Whenever you are ready. 

It’s “excess deaths”, not “ excessive deaths”

no-one is denying any pandemics. A pandemic occurred in the Spring. It can be clearly seen in the graphs.

What can and also be seen in the graphs is that covid deaths now exceed excess deaths in this pseudo second wave and that that when covid deaths go up, non covid excess death go down and vice versa - proof that it’s a pseudo second wave. 

The fact is tens of thousands of those excess deaths were caused by the policies pushed by yourself, @bazil85 and @smcc with no evidence that they saved any lives.

Your virtue, their death 

Edited by Sue Denim

Paper written by a couple of statisticians proving that it’s a pseudo second wave.

can @bazil85 @smcc or @Bud the Baker answer any of the questions asked?

Unlikely as it would mean them having to face up to the tens of thousands of deaths in the U.K. alone and the millions worldwide that they have helped cause 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zkE00ANmITzyXaSM-S_44ZWEJTxoUtp3/view

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Erm... it's not excessive deaths.

Death is simply that - dead.  Death in itself can't be excessive.  The light simply switches off.

The manner in which the death occurs could be described as excessive eg "he was stabbed, bricked, boiled in oil, had his head cut off then they smothered him and dropped him in a pool of piranha".

Now that could be described as being rendered dead in an "excessive" manner, but the initial mortal blow would have sufficed for the person to be simply factually dead. 

And if there masses of people being killed in such an over-elaborate manner then I guess you could then compare individually excessive deaths.

However we're not doing that here.  So you can just count excess deaths  in comparison with how many died during a similar period as the ONS is doing.

I should get out more...  :unsure:

Come on Antrin, been so good recently, no need for the return to the pedantic just for the case of an argument surely? 🤣

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

@bazil85 has used the term “excessive deaths” on a number of occasions.

He simply doesn’t know what he’s talking about 

it would be funny if it weren’t for the fact that this sort of cluelessness is killing so many people 

20 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

It’s “excess deaths”, not “ excessive deaths”

no-one is denying any pandemics. A pandemic occurred in the Spring. It can be clearly seen in the graphs.

What can and also be seen in the graphs is that covid deaths now exceed excess deaths in this pseudo second wave and that that when covid deaths go up, non covid excess death go down and vice versa - proof that it’s a pseudo second wave. 

The fact is tens of thousands of those excess deaths were caused by the policies pushed by yourself, @bazil85 and @smcc with no evidence that they saved any lives.

Your virtue, their death 

Pedantic, Antrin would have likely been doing it in jest but I feel you have likely latched on because so many of us on here have proven your multiple claims about the pandemic are wrong. 

Part highlighted in bold appears to be wrong, there is no evidence at all that EXCESS deaths this year have completely been a different cause to covid19. 

41 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Wales, after its “firebreak” lockdown is now reporting the highest covid cases per capita in the world

That went well....

Yet despite that, their hospital occupancy is at unprecedentedly low levels....

9BAF93E1-CD9A-470B-9AD5-E0F9885FF903.jpeg

So again stats proving your "pandemic is over" claim wrong, will you finally admit you were wrong about that? 

42 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Wales, after its “firebreak” lockdown is now reporting the highest covid cases per capita in the world

That went well....

Yet despite that, their hospital occupancy is at unprecedentedly low levels....

9BAF93E1-CD9A-470B-9AD5-E0F9885FF903.jpeg

"Yet despite that, their hospital occupancy is at unprecedentedly low levels."...

Did you actually read this link before you posted it yesterday?

https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalogue/Health-and-Social-Care/NHS-Hospital-Activity/nhs-activity-and-capacity-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/nhsbed-by-date-use

20 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Paper written by a couple of statisticians proving that it’s a pseudo second wave.

can @bazil85 @smcc or @Bud the Baker answer any of the questions asked?

Unlikely as it would mean them having to face up to the tens of thousands of deaths in the U.K. alone and the millions worldwide that they have helped cause 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zkE00ANmITzyXaSM-S_44ZWEJTxoUtp3/view

You'll always get conspiracy theorists with anything like this. Quick google of the two linked to these questions shows they can easily be discounted as pandemic deniers. Their view is right up there with "why is the US flag moving if there's no wind on the moon" 🤣

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Come on Antrin, been so good recently, no need for the return to the pedantic just for the case of an argument surely? 🤣

Sorry, but if you want to argue about the accuracy of numbers I just felt it might help to use language that was equally correct, so there’d be no misunderstandings.

Pedantic, Antrin would have likely been doing it in jest but I feel you have likely latched on because so many of us on here have proven your multiple claims about the pandemic are wrong. 

Part highlighted in bold appears to be wrong, there is no evidence at all that EXCESS deaths this year have completely been a different cause to covid19. 

And er.... just to BE pedantic - it is antrin and always has been.... in this incarnation, at least.

Sturgeon breaks her own covid rules

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-55419564

£60 penalty for starters but she should surely resign now. 

She called on Catherine Calderwood to resign so she must fall on her own sword.

You can’t subject the population to these ridiculous, unnecessary and lethal rules and then not follow them yourself. 

You'll always get conspiracy theorists with anything like this. Quick google of the two linked to these questions shows they can easily be discounted as pandemic deniers. Their view is right up there with "why is the US flag moving if there's no wind on the moon" 🤣

Another baz tactic, when unable to argue his point he resorts to conflating with conspiracy theorists and deniers. 

3 hours ago, smcc said:

"Yet despite that, their hospital occupancy is at unprecedentedly low levels."...

Did you actually read this link before you posted it yesterday?

https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalogue/Health-and-Social-Care/NHS-Hospital-Activity/nhs-activity-and-capacity-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/nhsbed-by-date-use

Yes, why?

Pointing out that you don’t understand what excess deaths means isn’t pedantry.

It’s pointing out that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

And no amount of backtracking changes that.

There is a huge amount of evidence that lockdown is causing excess deaths this year. Even SAGE believes it will kill around 200,000.

If restricting healthcare for most of the year, kicking 25,000 sick and elderly patients out of hospital and slapping DNR notices on everyone over 75 doesn’t cause massive excess deaths then the government can save £ billions by dismantling most of the NHS :1eye

Erm... it's not excessive deaths.

Death is simply that - dead.  Death in itself can't be excessive.  The light simply switches off.
The manner in which the death occurs could be described as excessive eg "he was stabbed, bricked, boiled in oil, had his head cut off then they smothered him and dropped him in a pool of piranha".
 Now that could be described as being rendered dead in an "excessive" manner, but the initial mortal blow would have sufficed for the person to be simply factually dead. 
And if there masses of people being killed in such an over-elaborate manner then I guess you could then compare individually excessive deaths.

However we're not doing that here.  So you can just count excess deaths  in comparison with how many died during a similar period as the ONS is doing.

I should get out more...  :unsure:
As stated previously, you're wasting your time as he has admitted that he uses his own definitions for words. It really shouldn't be that one word that bothers you, it should be all the rest, as only he knows what he is actually saying and how many of those words he is using his own definition for. For all the rest of us know, "excessive deaths" could be "fish suppers" in his head.

7 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The fact that this is your “favourite” statistic says it all. 

The middle class left have celebrated working class deaths throughout 

The fact that many of those deaths were caused by the policies you support is what is so sad

your virtue, their death 

Just for you and your fellow illiterates I'll give you the first three synonyms for favourite as a noun - first choice, choice, pick.

Anyway onto the main course, it's been a government pandering to gammonistas and deniers (like yourself) that has caused the bulk of the deaths in the UK and tanked the economy worse than all our competitors into the bargain. As I've said before spare me your lies about giving a fuck regarding the deaths & hardship caused by the pandemic.

Very few of us have shifted ground in six months, neither of us have done so, and that undoubtedly what is so sad.

I look forward to your next delusional homily.

Edited by Bud the Baker