Coronavirus

faraway saint

Then why quote that erse and thus give her publicity that I and others didn't need to see?  Fuxake!

You have helped her get her views across.  I hope that makes you happy?

EEdjiT!

Then why quote that erse and thus give him publicity that I and others didn't need to see?  Fuxake!

You have helped him get his views across.  I hope that makes you happy?

EEdjiT!

See what I did there? [emoji38]

On 12/29/2020 at 12:40 PM, faraway saint said:

Quiz completed, 5 rounds.

Round 1 - Christmas

Round 2 - 2020

Round 3 - Christmas Songs (audio round)

Round 4 - 2021

Round 5 - General Knowledge

69 points up for grabs. :thumbs2

There's a new rule from wee Nicky, a maximum of 16 on any device as this new strain can travel down the fecking internet. :P

All set, speaker hooked up to laptop for the Christmas Songs round. :thumbs2

9:00pm KO..................hope the internet can cope with all the people joining in. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

I don’t think he watches any of it himself bar Ms Hopkins. 

The warning ⚠️ signs were there all along when he used to count seagulls at matches. I used to think it was humour. What we need is a Doctor in the house to provide a simple psychological assessment. Don’t think we have anyone that smart though. 

I  rarely watch anything Shull posts but there are occasions when I do and it’s clear they’re mainly just for trolling. KH is a cretin & I cant in good conscience think Shull actually thinks otherwise. 

25 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Then why quote that erse and thus give him publicity that I and others didn't need to see?  Fuxake!
 You have helped him get his views across.  I hope that makes you happy?

See what I did there? emoji38.png

My views are still a big part of Slarti’s BAWA experience, he’s always waiting in the wings for a response. :whistle 

You missed the bit where the good Doctor wrote....”these nurses and doctors from quiet areas of the country in non-urgent disciplines should be more than willing to step in. In fact they should be queueing up to help their struggling colleagues. I know I would be doing that without a second thought..”

Nope, I never missed it, it just wasn't relevant to my point.

A covid-19 ward would have patients diagnosed with covid-19.

A mask is supposed to help prevent the wearer from spreading the virus, if they have it.

Given those things, how would you spread it to those who already have it and how would a mask make any difference?

Yes, there would be other staff that could be infected, but that applies to all wards not just covid-19 ones.

Anyway, my comment was just supposed to be a lighthearted jibe at a minor error.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, no wonder the cases are rising.

My mates mother & father in law caught it, his brother in law then caught it, now he's caught it.

Funny that.

They all had a jolly Christmas. 

Give me fecking strength. 

My friend and his wife have it after a Christmas together where they seen both sets of (quite) elderly parents, they have now also went for tests. 

This behaviour is unfortunately quite predictable as we hurtle towards 80,000 recorded deaths. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, no wonder the cases are rising.

My mates mother & father in law caught it, his brother in law then caught it, now he's caught it.

Funny that.

They all had a jolly Christmas. 

Give me fecking strength. 

Just chatting to my mates son, there was 5 households in the one house down in Paisley on Christmas day.

Aye, not the UK governments fault, not wee Nicky, as I've pointed out for ages, people being selfish cnuts.

The numbers will go through the roof in the next few weeks, the gnashing and wailing will go on, and the hypocrisy will reach new levels as this drags into February and March. 

Edited by faraway saint

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just chatting to my mates son, there was 5 households in the one house down in Paisley on Christmas day.

Aye, not the UK governments fault, not wee Nicky, as I've pointed out for ages, people being selfish cnuts.

The numbers will go through the roof in the next few weeks, the gnashing and wailing will go on, and the hypocrisy will reach new levels as this drags into February and March. 

5 households in 1, I would say unbelievable but not surprising in the slightest. Not being funny but it's potentially 1 year of missing out until a vaccine is sorted not the end of the world for christ sake.

Have heard today in village I live in there was a group of 16 in 1 house boxing day (3 households) and guess what.....cocky twats have all got it AND have kids that go to local primary school in which 2 of mine go to😡😡😡 even tho kids would have to isolate it's not the point.

11 hours ago, bazil85 said:

My friend and his wife have it after a Christmas together where they seen both sets of (quite) elderly parents, they have now also went for tests. 

This behaviour is unfortunately quite predictable as we hurtle towards 80,000 recorded deaths. 

Sadly the correct (not different) figure is already over 90,000 with many of the premature deaths in the second wave due directly to the PM pandering to the gammonistas! Of course that's what comes from taking your playbook for fighting a pandemic from a Carry-On movie...

Carry On Constable

With a flu epidemic running rife, three new bumbling recruits are assigned to Inspector Mills police station. With help from Special Constable Gorse, they manage to totally wreck the operations of the police force and let plenty of criminals get away, even before they arrive at the station. They all have to prove themselves or else they'll be out of a job and Sergeant Wilkins will be transferred. Sub-plots include romances between Wilkins and Moon, Constable and Passworthy.

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There's a couple of fcukwits on here that think its winter in Australia.

BBC News - Covid: Sydney announces new restrictions ahead of New Year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55481851

Australia was being touted on here recently as being back to normal. :lol:

Comparing Australia to the UK is, well, ludicrous.

Somebody said on here similar populations, Australia is 32 times bigger. :lol:

I would suggest, and I'm not an expert, that could quite easily see a better chance in containing the virus. 

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Australia was being touted on here recently as being back to normal. :lol:

Comparing Australia to the UK is, well, ludicrous.

Somebody said on here similar populations, Australia is 32 times bigger. :lol:

I would suggest, and I'm not an expert, that could quite easily see a better chance in containing the virus. 

I've seen this kinda argument before (wrt Sweden) but if you look at how the population is spread down under 63.4% of the population, over 13 million people, live in the Big5 cities where they play their Test Cricket 🏏 I'd say that's probably more important in terms of the spread or containment of Covid than how many live in one-dingo towns in the outback.

I'd still argue their relative success in containing Covid is down to aggressive measures to restrict it's spread.

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I've seen this kinda argument before (wrt Sweden) but if you look at how the population is spread down under 63.4% of the population, over 13 million people, live in the Big5 cities where they play their Test Cricket 🏏 I'd say that's probably more important in terms of the spread or containment of Covid than how many live in one-dingo towns in the outback.

I'd still argue their relative success in containing Covid is down to aggressive measures to restrict it's spread.

Indeed. They appear to have competent racists in charge, unlike the incompetent variety we've been lumbered with.