Coronavirus

faraway saint

38 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I've seen this kinda argument before (wrt Sweden) but if you look at how the population is spread down under 63.4% of the population, over 13 million people, live in the Big5 cities where they play their Test Cricket 🏏 I'd say that's probably more important in terms of the spread or containment of Covid than how many live in one-dingo towns in the outback.

I'd still argue their relative success in containing Covid is down to aggressive measures to restrict it's spread.

I'd suggest a large number who comply would be the main reason they have done quite well.

Australians take more personal responsibility than many of the UK citizens who blame everyone but themselves. 

Folk going on about Australia’s “success” are both suffering from post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy and revealing a bit of racism.

None of the countries in that part of the world have been hit particularly badly by covid - not just the countries with a European ethnic majority. 

This suggests to me that they may have some prior immunity from exposure to other viruses.

But hey, let’s say it’s all down to medieval lockdowns.....

Professor Van Tam said people should not think, ‘after the second dose of your vaccine, it’s okay to behave with wild abandon and go off to the bingo halls and whatever you like and so forth’.

Bingo halls and so forth?

Mask slipping there to reveal the middle class left hatred of the working class. 

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'd suggest a large number who comply would be the main reason they have done quite well.

Australians take more personal responsibility than many of the UK citizens who blame everyone but themselves. 

This is a government that started off with a herd immunity policy in March before going into lockdown too late, didn't test new arrivals to the country in the spring, came out of lockdown to early in May, faiied to discipline it's chief Spad for disregarding the restrictions that month, boasted England would have a world beating Track'n'Trace system, predicted in July we'd be back to "significant normality" by Xmas, pursued ridiculous policies in the summer like back-to-the-office, opened the country up for foreign travel and eat-out-to-help-out when it should have been concentrating on a ZeroCovid policy.

It acted to late to stop the second wave by ignoring SAGEs advice in September, introduced, then curtailed but still allowed Xmas mingling when it was obviously going to increase the spread, threatened London Borough's with legal action even as the new virulent strain was spreading, imposing lockdown too late for a third time. A compendium of incompetence, mixed messages and U-turns the latest being today's news that schools in the SE of England will not open this week after all.

It's an absolute fallacy to say the public are most to blame for the spread of the disease, the buck should stop at the top with BJ (and marginally less so with NS) I'm not responsible for the any of the numerous fuck-ups over the last 11 months and I'm not going to be badgered into accepting any of the blame by you - it lies with a liar & incompetent BJ and a 1% tougher NS much more than the lunatics that are giving both an easy excuse for their failures! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

One minute you are complaining that the restrictions are a waste of time and won't work and now you are saying that people complying with them are the reason why cases are lower. I don't think you are even aware of how ridiculous you sound sometimes. :D

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

This is a government that started of with a herd immunity policy in March before going into lockdown too late, didn't test new arrivals to the country in the spring, came out of lockdown to early in May, faiied to discipline it's chief Spad for disregarding the restrictions that month, boasted England would have a world beating Track'n'Trace system, predicted in July we'd be back to "significant normality" by Xmas, pursued ridiculous policies in the summer like back-to-the-office, opened the country up for foreign travel and eat-out-to-help-out when it should have been concentrating on a ZeroCovid policy.

It acted to late to stop the second wave by ignoring SAGEs advice in September, introduced, then curtailed but still allowed Xmas mingling when it was obviously going to increase the spread, threatened London Borough's with legal action even as the new virulent strain was spreading, imposing lockdown too late for a third time. A compendium of incompetence, mixed messages and U-turns the latest being today's news that schools in the SE of England will not open this week after all.

It's an absolute fallacy to say the public are most to blame for the spread of the disease, the buck should stop at the top with BJ (and marginally less so with NS) I'm not responsible for the any of the numerous fuck-ups over the last 11 months and I'm not going to be badgered into accepting any of the blame by you - it lies with a liar & incompetent BJ and a 1% tougher NS much more than the lunatics that are giving both an easy excuse for their failures! 

As usual you look back and nit pick anything you can.

You must be a great guy, using hindsight as your rule in life. :lol:

This has been an absolute unseen pandemic, nothing we have seen in our lifetime.

Mistakes have been made, it's another thing to CONTINUALLY blame other than take some responsibility. 

A common trait amongst the political point scoring that goes on in here. 

When a decision has been made, whenever that was, then it's up to Joe Public to do the basics, which you so often sneer at. 

PS I never read your post above, I don't need a lopsided history lesson from you. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

One minute you are complaining that the restrictions are a waste of time and won't work and now you are saying that people complying with them are the reason why cases are lower. I don't think you are even aware of how ridiculous you sound sometimes. :D

He swings from one extreme to the other. A bit like yourself. 

Where did I say restrictions are a waste of time?

This, AGAIN, is another tactic of your, twist/lie and make a point, tragic. 

YET again, you don't seem to comprehend that people can disagree but still comply?

You've continually had a problem with this, and make yourself look like the buffoon you are.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

As usual you look back and nit pick anything you can.

You must be a great buy, using hindsight as your rule in life.

When a decision has been made, whenever that was, then it's up to Joe Public to do the basics, which you so often sneer at. 

PS I never read your post above, I don't need a lopsided history lesson from you. 

His idea of a “zero covid” policy shows that he’s been reading too many woke middle class leftie blogs. 😂

Just now, faraway saint said:

Where did I say restrictions are a waste of time?

This, AGAIN, is another tactic of your, twist/lie and make a point, tragic. 

YET again, you don't seem to comprehend that people can disagree but still comply?

You've continually had a problem with this, and make yourself look like the buffoon you are.

I neither agree nor comply 

Just now, faraway saint said:

When a decision has been made, whenever that was, then it's up to Joe Public to do the basics

A logic which worked really well in 1930s Germany. 

Does history teach you absolutely nothing? NEVER assume your government knows best. ALWAYS engage your brain. Either think for yourself or quit barracking those who do.

I'm not digging through the 2000 posts of invariably utter mince you make every day to find them.

You were highly critical of further restrictions and have been for months.

As I said, you lie/twist the truth to score a point.

Disagreeing ISN'T the same as saying they are a waste of time. :1eye

Run along, it's only 2nd January and you've made a cnut of yourself umpteen times already. 

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

This is a government that started of with a herd immunity policy in March before going into lockdown too late, didn't test new arrivals to the country in the spring, came out of lockdown to early in May, faiied to discipline it's chief Spad for disregarding the restrictions that month, boasted England would have a world beating Track'n'Trace system, predicted in July we'd be back to "significant normality" by Xmas, pursued ridiculous policies in the summer like back-to-the-office, opened the country up for foreign travel and eat-out-to-help-out when it should have been concentrating on a ZeroCovid policy.

To be fair, aiming for herd immunity is a lot more rational than the "zero covid deaths" policy which you seem to be advocating.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A logic which worked really well in 1930s Germany. 

Does history teach you absolutely nothing? NEVER assume your government knows best. ALWAYS engage your brain. Either think for yourself or quit barracking those who do.

Aye, this is exactly like 1930's Germany. :1eye

You're quite comfortable spreading this and if someone was really ill, or worse, you're pompous attitude would be, ach well, I showed them? 

No surprise, oh and as for using your brain, it seems your brain has long since shut down, in that narrow anti social world you live in.:lol:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As I said, you lie/twist the truth to score a point.

Disagreeing ISN'T the same as saying they are a waste of time. :1eye

Run along, it's only 2nd January and you've made a cnut of yourself umpteen times already. 

And now it's 2001 posts of invariably utter mince I have to trudge through.

No thank you.

You know fine well what you have posted.

Edited by oaksoft