Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You're quite comfortable spreading this and if someone was really ill, or worse, you're pompous attitude would be, ach well, I showed them? 

People getting ill and dying is very sad for the families involved but unfortunately we don't live in a world of sparkly unicorns and talking bunny rabbits where nobody dies and milk and honey are freely available on every street corner.

Anyone engaging in ANY social interaction is spreading this you ignorant buffoon. That includes food shopping, visiting the hospital for treatment, going to the chemist for prescriptions, visiting the GP, going to the post office and a vast range of other social interactions (many of which you have admitted personally engaging in over this last year). So you can sit and cast your ill-educated judgments all you like but it doesn't stop you being as guilty as anyone else.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As usual you look back and nit pick anything you can.

You must be a great guy, using hindsight as your rule in life. :lol:

This has been an absolute unseen pandemic, nothing we have seen in our lifetime.

Mistakes have been made, it's another thing to CONTINUALLY blame other than take some responsibility. 

A common trait amongst the political point scoring that goes on in here. 

When a decision has been made, whenever that was, then it's up to Joe Public to do the basics, which you so often sneer at. 

PS I never read your post above, I don't need a lopsided history lesson from you. 

None of the post was "in hindsight" it was all pretty obvious at the time, if I'd been using hindsight I'd have added the care home deaths.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

People getting ill and dying is very sad for the families involved but unfortunately we don't live in a world of sparkly unicorns and talking bunny rabbits where nobody dies and milk and honey are freely available on every street corner.

Anyone engaging in ANY social interaction is spreading this you ignorant buffoon. That includes food shopping, visiting the hospital for treatment, going to the chemist for prescriptions, visiting the GP, going to the post office and a vast range of other social interactions (many of which you have admitted personally engaging in over this last year). So you can sit and cast your ill-educated judgments all you like but it doesn't stop you being as guilty as anyone else.

You've spouted this trash for quite a while.

It's stunning you can't see the difference between people dying and people who die through unnecessary spread of this disease. :1eye

Your 2nd paragraph, totally ignoring the utter buffoons who don't play by the rules, wear masks, have house parties and attend large gatherings unnecessarily. 

Nice try, but another massive fail.

All that education and still has learned nothing, your parents must be very proud. :lol:

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

To be fair, aiming for herd immunity is a lot more rational than the "zero covid deaths" policy which you seem to be advocating.

I was advocating a ZeroCovid policy from May-September, it's too late now, since then I've been arguing for damage limitation. A winter surge was inevitable, even if the virulence of the new strain wasn't.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You've spouted this trash for quite a while.

It's stunning you can't see the difference between people dying and people who die through unnecessary spread of this disease. :1eye

Well you are obviously in the know here. Exactly how many covid deaths have been unnecessary?

Not your opinion. Facts. How many and while you are at it why not show the breakdown of exact reasons for those unnecessary deaths so we can all be educated together?

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I was advocating a ZeroCovid policy from May-September, it's too late now, since then I've been arguing for damage limitation. A winter surge was inevitable, even if the virulence of the new strain wasn't.

But we HAD zero covid deaths pretty much throughout our summer and you still wanted restrictions to remain in place.

Well you are obviously in the know here. Exactly how many covid deaths have been unnecessary?

Not your opinion. Facts. How many and while you are at it why not show the breakdown of exact reasons for those unnecessary deaths so we can all be educated together?

Do you need a number?

Isn't ONE enough? 

Isn't the reason I quoted above, which you conveniently, edited out, enough for you?

See below...........................

Your 2nd paragraph, totally ignoring the utter buffoons who don't play by the rules, wear masks, have house parties and attend large gatherings unnecessarily. 

It's a sure sign your getting desperate, but that's ok, I'm used to it. 

best you toddle off, you must have some imaginary film script to write, which is amusing as you have no life experience and no experience of people, your movie will be a cracker. 

But we HAD zero covid deaths pretty much throughout our summer and you still wanted restrictions to remain in place.

But not zero transmission :1eye - how many deaths a day were you considering acceptable in early October & how many over the next few months?

But it's OK because you're a free radical (sic) thinker who would've been fighting the Nazis back in 30s Germany, in your dreams anyway!

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sadly the correct (not different) figure is already over 90,000 with many of the premature deaths in the second wave due directly to the PM pandering to the gammonistas! Of course that's what comes from taking your playbook for fighting a pandemic from a Carry-On movie...

It's devastating mate, and people wonder why there's a reaction to pandemic deniers. 

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you need a number?

Isn't ONE enough? 

If you want a world where there are no unnecessary deaths then get back to me when you've banned all cars, all cigarettes, all junk food, all wars, all hill walking and mountaineering, all professional motorsports and all alcohol.

Just now, oaksoft said:

If you want a world where there are no unnecessary deaths then get back to me when you've banned all cars, all cigarettes, all junk food, all wars, all hill walking and mountaineering, all professional motorsports and all alcohol.

Stunning you put this into these brackets.

An utter idiot, trying hard, and failing, to cover up your lack of understanding about this tragic pandemic. 

Now, feck off, I have football to watch. :thumbsdown

20 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

But not zero transmission :1eye - how many deaths a day were you considering acceptable in early October & how many over the next few months?

Are you wanting me to include only covid deaths or the other deaths caused by restrictions?

Stunning you put this into these brackets.

An utter idiot, trying hard, and failing, to cover up your lack of understanding about this tragic pandemic. 

Now, feck off, I have football to watch. :thumbsdown

I'm sorry. Are there now shades of "unnecessary deaths"? Are some unnecessary deaths better than others?

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

But it's OK because you're a free radical (sic) thinker 

But I AM a free thinker.

What's your point?

Am I now being criticised for the ability to engage my brain and think for myself rather than meekly accept what I am fed? Is this what it has come to now? :lol:

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sorry. Are there now shades of "unnecessary deaths"? Are some unnecessary deaths better than others?

Ok just to point and laugh.....................all the ludicrous examples you dragged up, in a pathetic attempt to dilute the real point, are not transferable diseases.

Now, only an idiot wouldn't see that.

Thanks for proving my point. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

best you toddle off, you must have some imaginary film script to write

I was going to include a character based on you but the problem there is one of believability. Viewers would have to believe that such a person could exist in real life without injuring or killing himself or others around him on a daily basis. The side-splitting humour (think Benny from Crossroads) would be there for sure but the credibility wouldn't. It's a damn shame really.

Ok just to point and laugh.....................all the ludicrous examples you dragged up, in a pathetic attempt to dilute the real point, are not transferable diseases.

And that is relevant because.......?

Oh that's right. It doesn't suit your playground standard argument. 

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

If YOU'RE going top make an allegation be prepared to back it up or STFU.

It is amusing watching you floundering right enough. :lol:

Okay then.

Show me evidence of me being racist to anybody please ?

Back up your wrong allegation.

Saying " run along" isn't sufficient.

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And that is relevant because.......?

Oh that's right. It doesn't suit your playground standard argument. 

Your attempt to sidetrack the issue was tried way back in this thread and debunked then, I've no need to comment any further, you've done enough for today.

Thanks for the laugh, I do enjoy laughing at your type. :lol:

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

When you *know* the pandemic was over in May and you *know* that lockdowns and restrictions have made things worse, you can only look about yourself and shake your head at the madness. 

You are either ignorant or shamefully trolling a subject that has killed 10s of thousands in the UK alone. If it's the latter you should have a word with yourself. 

Chart showing the number of people being treated in hospital in the UK