Coronavirus

faraway saint

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

She admitted during her announcement that it wasn't based on science but that she feared the virus being utterly out of control and the NHS swamped if she waited until the data became available to confirm what she feared.

In the meantime, everyone continues to use and abuse whatever statistics help them to catastrophise the situation in the NHS. The media is an absolute disgrace in this regard, fuelling unnecessary panic about virtually everything covid-related in order to sell newspapers or gain advertising revenue by driving people to their shitty advert-strewn websites..

Precisely the thing that Johnson get's it in the neck for, waiting.

TBH the government, both the UK and Scottish, are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If there's a time NOT to be PM or FM this is it. 

As for the media, they've been shit stirring/scaremongering since day one. 

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Precisely the thing that Johnson get's it in the neck for, waiting.

TBH the government, both the UK and Scottish, are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If there's a time NOT to be PM or FM this is it. 

As for the media, they've been shit stirring/scaremongering since day one. 

In fairness I wouldn't fancy the job of PM or FM either and have said so a few times in the past.

Governments have always been damned if they do and damned if they don't.

On covid, this is being caused because we have a nation with large numbers of absolutely risk-averse people who want to cower under the bedsheets at the slightest sign on danger, where everything is a disaster and all risk should be eliminated; and then we have another large portion of the public who see death as part and parcel of the risk of living and baulk at the entire economy being shut down because of a handful of deaths from a virus which would have burnt itself out by now had we left it alone. The first group are appalled at even a single covid death and have decided they are morally superior to everyone else and the second group are fecking livid that an entire year of life has been ruined by the first group for no good reason. It's that second group who can see the bigger picture of other avoidable deaths now occurring because of ridiculous covid restrictions and are angry that the first group won't properly acknowledge that.

There is no place for an argument of morality during this pandemic from either side.

Anyway, feck it. At least my family are no longer at risk of being affected economically by all this stupidity.

Oh and good luck to the police trying to prevent people from ignoring the "stay at home" shite and getting themselves out there as much as possible anyway. They are fighting a losing battle.

Rant over. :D

9 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Sorry Nic but you can feck right off with this I'm afraid.

Enough is enough. I won't be having house parties but if I want to visit the beach or walk in the hills which requires me to drive for miles, good luck stopping me. I won't be alone in thinking this.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

On covid, this is being caused because we have a nation with large numbers of absolutely risk-averse people who want to cower under the bedsheets at the slightest sign on danger, where everything is a disaster and all risk should be eliminated; and then we have another large portion of the public who see death as part and parcel of the risk of living and baulk at the entire economy being shut down because of a handful of deaths from a virus which would have burnt itself out by now had we left it alone. The first group are appalled at even a single covid death and have decided they are morally superior to everyone else and the second group are fecking livid that an entire year of life has been ruined by the first group for no good reason. It's that second group who can see the bigger picture of other avoidable deaths now occurring because of ridiculous covid restrictions and are angry that the first group won't properly acknowledge that.

Aye, if you like.

Disregarding 75,000 peoples life's as a handful really takes the biscuit. 

You, absurdly, still try to put dying from covid in the same bracket as dying from other illness's or accidents. 

I'd like you to say that in a room of relatives of people that have lost family members, now, that would be amusing. 

You have evidence of this statement " from a virus which would have burnt itself out by now had we left it alone"?

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

As you can clearly see from the graph, for the latest week there were no excess deaths.

You can also clearly see that there is no large spike in excess deaths this winter to accompany the covid deaths, like there was in Spring.

You can also clearly see the negative correlation between covid deaths this winter and non covid excess deaths.

I know you can see it baz. You can see the graphs the same as me.

Mortality this winter is clearly normal compared to the historical average. See graph below. 

IMO, restricting access to the NHS this year will have caused many deaths. Second graph shows excess deaths in private homes this year and very few of these are recorded as covid deaths. These are people not seeking medical attention and dying at home.

As for “mass fraud”, again you are attempting to conflate scepticism of lockdown restrictions and official statistics with “conspiracy theories”. 

There is no conspiracy theory. There is no mass fraud.

People are testing positive for covid. But we have no idea how this translates into infectiousness, how it translates into symptoms, how it translates into deaths. We did very little testing in the Spring so we have nothing to compare with. 

We have no idea of the operational false positive rates in these private labs - run for profit. They are cramming testing in and using poorly trained people and not adhering to guidelines to avoid cross contamination. This has all been reported. 

It’s not fraud. It’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s greed and incompetence.

And we are only testing for a subject virus. We have no idea if people are carrying other viruses, you know, like the flu.

If you had a test that could come back and tell you all the pathogens that people are carrying then I’m pretty sure we’d all be shocked. We’d have a completely different view of this winter. 

5B00F23D-6D04-4CB1-B171-4014CCD12737.jpeg

5C53687C-56E2-4419-A2F8-C2A1AAE3DC66.jpeg

Utter nonsense, again I would ask, if you are so hell-bent on trolling with clearly made up nonsense to antagonise, can you pick a different subject? 

It's vile doing this during a pandemic that has and continues to kill thousands. 

I hope the leg injury hurt and I'm loving the fact they got fined into the bargain. :lol:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/2785612/walkers-fined-following-glencoe-rescue-after-breaching-covid-travel-guidelines/?fbclid=IwAR3JJdPcq0wTn2jtVWaIk65eoFG76p-RH6LHE8xiS5daHb-94Od1W5QRQd8

Two walkers who sparked a rescue operation near Glencoe have been fined for breaching travel restrictions.

A member of the Glencoe Mountain Rescue Team was injured during the effort to get the pair, who travelled from Oban, down Buachaille Etive Mor.

The two men, aged 21 and 27, raised the alarm at about 3.30pm on Hogmanay.

One of them suffered a leg injury as he descended the 3,640ft Munro, and 25 members of Glencoe Mountain Rescue Team were called out.

Edited by faraway saint

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, if you like.

You, absurdly, still try to put dying from covid in the same bracket as dying from other illness's or accidents. 

I'd like you to say that in a room of relatives of people that have lost family members, now, that would be amusing. 

You have evidence of this statement " from a virus which would have burnt itself out by now had we left it alone"?

You have evidence of me being racist  ?  No you fecking have not

Anyway the Virus burnt itself out in the Summer.

Now we are back in the Season of Influenza.

It will burn itself out again in a few months.

Locking down will not help apart from destroying the Country

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, if you like.

If you want an adult response stop talking like a fecking teenager.

Sorry Nic but you can feck right off with this I'm afraid.
Enough is enough. I won't be having house parties but if I want to visit the beach or walk in the hills which requires me to drive for miles, good luck stopping me. I won't be alone in thinking this.
Outdoor exercise is still unlimited and there already was a travel ban outwith your own LA so it's as you were on those. Anyone can still travel for exercise within their own LA as was the case before her announcement today.

No one was or will stop you walking in hills or on beaches. That said in this picture perfect weather the local South Ayrshire car parks at beaches have seen queues. Police were helping manage that fine until both a burger and ice cream van rolled up. That put an end to it with both vendors sent on their way sharpish after large (allegedly non socially distanced) queues formed at both. Ice cream in this weather, mental [emoji2960]

The hill-walking community in the main, didn't go to the hills during the last Scottish lockdown.

I think that was the right thing to do.  The Hills'll always be there waiting for you.

And will feel even better when you return after self-imposed restraint.

Also - you might just f**k things up for people who have to come out and cart your carcass off the hill.

1 minute ago, antrin said:

The hill-walking community in the main, didn't go to the hills during the last Scottish lockdown.

I think that was the right thing to do.  The Hills'll always be there waiting for you.

And will feel even better when you return after self-imposed restraint.

Also - you might just f**k things up for people who have to come out and cart your carcass off the hill.

Yes, hill walking. That well known super-spreader activity. 🤣

2 hours ago, shull said:

Locking down will not help apart from destroying the Country

Taking pictures of an outpatient department at the weekend, geniuses 😂 The world is round and you won’t fall off 👍🏻

4123BE80-4FC0-4DD9-B689-2109ACBFA3CA.jpeg

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

8 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Shull posts a constant stream of far right propaganda (Tommy Robinson et al) and regularly posts videos from a holocaust denier (David Icke) does that make him a racist? 

Actually, no it doesn't and I'm surprised you think it does.

Boris laid out an ambitious plan to have all the vulnerable groups, front line workers and over 70's vaccinated by mid February.

Not so sure he should have placed a date on this but it does suggest todays restrictions will last until then, and to the end of February at least.

Never mind, the end is nigh, keep the faith, I need a fecking holiday. :rolleyes:

Actually, no it doesn't and I'm surprised you think it does.
It really all depends on whether the links he is posting include racist material and, if they do, whether he is doing it to spread or promote that message.

I've got him on ignore and stopped looking at any of his links long before I did that, so I don't know if they do. I will admit to looking at his posts in the likes of the old Paisley and old football grounds threads though, as they tend to be free from his usual gibberish.

Boris laid out an ambitious plan to have all the vulnerable groups, front line workers and over 70's vaccinated by mid February.
Not so sure he should have placed a date on this but it does suggest todays restrictions will last until then, and to the end of February at least.
Never mind, the end is nigh, keep the faith, I need a fecking holiday. :rolleyes:
We all want you to take a holiday. :whistle

1 minute ago, Slarti said:

It really all depends on whether the links he is posting include racist material and, if they do, whether he is doing it to spread or promote that message.

I've got him on ignore and stopped looking at any of his links long before I did that, so I don't know if they do. I will admit to looking at his posts in the likes of the old Paisley and old football grounds threads though, as they tend to be free from his usual gibberish.

By posting his trash he, by association, is supporting the content and, as such, is branded with the same brush.

By posting his trash he, by association, is supporting the content and, as such, is branded with the same brush.
Not really. If he was posting a link and saying "check this feckin roaster", then no. Again, I don't know what he is saying or linking to, I was just saying that it depends.

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not really. If he was posting a link and saying "check this feckin roaster", then no. Again, I don't know what he is saying or linking to, I was just saying that it depends.

But he hasn't, never has and wont, so, as I said, same brush. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Show me evidence of me being racist to anybody.

Youre running out of time.

You're accusing me of breaking the law.

Retract 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Locking down will not help apart from destroyin

1 minute ago, shull said:

Show me evidence of me being racist to anybody.

Youre running out of time.

You're accusing me of breaking the law.

Retract 

General concensious is youre a harmless fanny who is mainly ignored on this forum