Coronavirus

faraway saint

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

But I DO have a lot of money. What's your point?

What does my enormous wealth have to do with anything I said?

Do you remember how annoying it was when that Ricky guy kept mentioning how wealthy and how many top level positions he had etc etc.

You were hacked off with that as I was. So why are you going down that route at the moment ?

Yes well done on selling your company and getting a good price. Good on you but can you kinda reign it in now as the best folks don't mention it ?

My brother is very wealthy from similar situation to you but you would never know. I prefer that approach ?

6 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Do you remember how annoying it was when that Ricky guy kept mentioning how wealthy and how many top level positions he had etc etc.

You were hacked off with that as I was. So why are you going down that route at the moment ?

Yes well done on selling your company and getting a good price. Good on you but can you kinda reign it in now as the best folks don't mention it ?

My brother is very wealthy from similar situation to you but you would never know. I prefer that approach ?

I think he was being sarcastic with that response - in reaction to the slag in an earlier post. And also because the economic impact is hitting a lot of folk hard and that seems to be being ignored...

I genuinely read it as a reined-in reaction.

Edited by antrin

55 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Fair enough but the "my enormous wealth" bit, it gets to be grating

If this sort of thing offends you, here's a wee hint.

Don't fecking well bring up my wealth in the first place.

Jeez. What a bloody snowflake you are. 🤣

Edited by oaksoft

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If this sort of thing offends you, here's a wee hint.

Don't fecking well bring up my wealth in the first place.

Jeez. What a bloody snowflake you are. 🤣

The title is Coronavirus- maybe start a new thread -

An idea whilst bathing in your goats milk

"I am alright jack ring the bell"

Whether this is jest or not you really are coming across as a self absorbed knob- again-

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Whether this is jest or not you really are coming across as a self absorbed knob- again

But aren't we ALL, dear... aren't we all?  :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Whether this is jest or not you really are coming across as a self absorbed knob- again-

I'm reminded once more of why your nickname on here is the Village Idiot. :D

Edited by oaksoft

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness I wouldn't fancy the job of PM or FM either and have said so a few times in the past.

Governments have always been damned if they do and damned if they don't.

On covid, this is being caused because we have a nation with large numbers of absolutely risk-averse people who want to cower under the bedsheets at the slightest sign on danger, where everything is a disaster and all risk should be eliminated; and then we have another large portion of the public who see death as part and parcel of the risk of living and baulk at the entire economy being shut down because of a handful of deaths from a virus which would have burnt itself out by now had we left it alone. The first group are appalled at even a single covid death and have decided they are morally superior to everyone else and the second group are fecking livid that an entire year of life has been ruined by the first group for no good reason. It's that second group who can see the bigger picture of other avoidable deaths now occurring because of ridiculous covid restrictions and are angry that the first group won't properly acknowledge that.

There is no place for an argument of morality during this pandemic from either side.

Anyway, feck it. At least my family are no longer at risk of being affected economically by all this stupidity.

Oh and good luck to the police trying to prevent people from ignoring the "stay at home" shite and getting themselves out there as much as possible anyway. They are fighting a losing battle.

Rant over. :D

Just like Sweden did  :lol: 

I remember another wealthy man telling us we should inject bleach :lol:

@oaksoft

"Damned if they do and damned if the don't'" you say...

Well BJ should certainly be damned for saying on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday morning that schools were as safe as sausages only to change his mind on Monday and say they are to be closed until mid-February at least.

As I said Lockdown3 was a nailed on certainty with the mixed messages his government were sending out and the lax Tier restrictions England went to coming out of the second one (sic) - that's what comes of pandering to gammons! 🥩

On a personal note driving home this morning I noticed again that there's a lot more cars on the road than during Lockdown1, maybe there's less car sharing going on maybe now we're on the third one (sic) people are stretching interpretation to the limit this time around.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

@oaksoft

"Damned if they do and damned if the don't'" you say...

Well BJ should certainly be damned for saying on the Andrew Marr show on Sunday morning that schools were as safe as sausages only to change his mind on Monday and say they are to be closed until mid-February at least.

As I said Lockdown3 was a nailed on certainty with the mixed messages his government were sending out and the lax Tier restrictions England went to coming out of the second one (sic) - that's what comes of pandering to gammons! 🥩

On a personal note driving home this morning I noticed again that there's a lot more cars on the road than during Lockdown1, maybe there's less car sharing going on maybe now we're on the third one (sic) people are stretching interpretation to the limit this time around.

To retain my sanity, I don't pay any attention to these politics programmes. I don't watch live TV anyway but I also don't watch youtube clips. I highly recommend it for a happier life.

We are getting close to the point where people are just not listening anymore when it comes to covid.

People are sick of being told to follow rules by those who are not following them themselves.

People can also see that the numbers of excess deaths appears to continue to be very small compared to what we normally expect at this time of year and vast swathes of us still don't know a single person who has even caught this let alone been hospitalised with it.

These are problems that joint governments cannot just "don't kill granny" away because that message just isn't hitting home anymore.

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Just like Sweden did  :lol: 

I remember another wealthy man telling us we should inject bleach :lol:

Why are you comparing with Sweden? Their rate of infections is much smaller than ours. Ours is so high that by the end of 2020, pretty much everyone who could have caught it would have done so.

Sweden's situation is irrelevant.

Also, it's a mistake to assume all wealthy people are the same. That would be like me assuming the rest of you were wasters and scumbags

Edited by oaksoft

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

To retain my sanity, I don't pay any attention to these politics programmes. I don't watch live TV anyway but I also don't watch youtube clips. I highly recommend it for a happier life.

We are getting close to the point where people are just not listening anymore when it comes to covid.

People are sick of being told to follow rules by those who are not following them themselves.

People can also see that the numbers of excess deaths appears to continue to be very small compared to what we normally expect at this time of year and vast swathes of us still don't know a single person who has even caught this let alone been hospitalised with it.

These are problems that joint governments cannot just "don't kill granny" away because that message just isn't hitting home anymore.

All I can go on is anecdotal evidence - at present one guy in my team (10 members) is off work with Covid, another two were back in October, I know 2 people (both late 50s) who have been in intensive care with the disease (both recovered) and an octogenarian uncle died due to Covid in a care home last month.

I seriously doubt the vast swathes aspect of your comment.

Edited by Bud the Baker

54 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I know 2 who were extremely ill with it. Both in their 40s and very fit and healthy. One of them actually collapsed outside Royal Infirmary in Glasgow. Both told me it was a living hell.

Young girl opposite me also had it. 18 and aymptomatic but a number of her friends got it and she went for a test on the back of that. She was positive. 

6 members of staff in the Royal Infirmary in Glasgow have died of COVID. Not been publicized

So I think you need to take it bit more serious than what you do ???

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You also spent months telling us all that comparing with Sweden was fecking stupid so you'll forgive me if I continue to write you off as an intellectual pygmy. 🤣

More deflection and no I didn't.

You're all over the place, always the same when your under pressure.

Remember you said you were a leader.................................:lol:

55 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I know 2 who were extremely ill with it. Both in their 40s and very fit and healthy. One of them actually collapsed outside Royal Infirmary in Glasgow. Both told me it was a living hell.

Young girl opposite me also had it. 18 and aymptomatic but a number of her friends got it and she went for a test on the back of that. She was positive. 

6 members of staff in the Royal Infirmary in Glasgow have died of COVID. Not been publicized

His flippant disregard for people falling ill or dying really shows what type he is.

He thinks because he doesn't know anybody who has caught it it hardly exists.

Unsurprising he doesn't know anybody who's caught it, because he doesn't know anybody. 

PS Apologies to @Yflab, just seen you said something similar. 

Edited by faraway saint

Out of curiosity, if it hasn't been publicised, how do you know? My nephew works there and he hasn't mentioned it, though he did contract it himself (he works in a "covid ward"), along with a few other staff on the ward.