Coronavirus

faraway saint

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Where to put this one....

Boris Johnson self styled Minister for the Union has yet again revealed his true feelings about the SNP and the 58% of the Scottish people who currently support a second Independence referendum - he hates us.

Johnson: no Covid vaccine in Scotland if it was up to SNP | Politics | The Guardian

I'd be surprised if anyone beyond the Tories up here believed nonsense like this from him.

I don't think anyone up here listens to him at all. Certainly not in enough quantity to matter electorally.

48 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So, any of the clapping seals planning to indulge in this year's dose of self-indulgent virtue-signalling Clap for Heroes?

I'd be surprised if this got off the ground.

I really would but I'm hindered with my new jacket :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Where to put this one....

Boris Johnson self styled Minister for the Union has yet again revealed his true feelings about the SNP and the 58% of the Scottish people who currently support a second Independence referendum - he hates us.

Johnson: no Covid vaccine in Scotland if it was up to SNP | Politics | The Guardian

:lol:

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

It's no longer jockular banter...

For me the change of tone started started with Nigel Farage* at 7:40am on the day after the first Independence referendum when he said we'd had our chance to leave and since we hadn't taken it we were now tied to the UK and that issues such as the Barnett Formula revisited.

The abuse SNP leader gets at PMQs, where the PM himself has been censured on a number of occasions for miscalling the SNPs name, the PMs doubling down on IndyRef2 by saying devolution has been a disaster. Around 60% of Tory supporters said last year they'd be happy to ditch NI & Scotland to secure Brexit - there's a whole swathe of the Tory party who are no longer prepared to be civil if you don't kowtow to their Little Britain agenda. 

*I know Farage isn't officially in the Tory Party but that's where he started and his party chose not to contest Tory held seats at the last GE.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

It's no longer jockular banter...

For me the change of tone started started with Nigel Farage* at 7:40am on the day after the first Independence referendum when he said we'd had our chance to leave and since we hadn't taken it we were now tied to the UK and that issues such as the Barnett Formula revisited.

The abuse SNP leader gets at PMQs, where the PM himself has been censured on a number of occasions for miscalling the SNPs name, the PMs doubling down on IndyRef2 by saying devolution has been a disaster. Around 60% of Tory supporters said last year they'd be happy to ditch NI & Scotland to secure Brexit - there's a whole swathe of the Tory party who are no longer prepared to be civil if you don't kowtow to their Little Britain agenda. 

*I know Farage isn't officially in the Tory Party but that's where he started and his party chose not to contest Tory held seats at the last GE.

Oh, poor wee "us". 

While your wiping up your tears at the "abuse" the sensitive SNP get just think on the "abuse" that Johnson gets, along with anything English.

I'll decide if I think something is "jockular" 😜 or not, thanks. 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

there's a whole swathe of the Tory party who are no longer prepared to be civil if you don't kowtow to their Little Britain agenda. 

I can't let this go without comment.

BOTH sides have been as guilty of this as each other.

The term cybernat was well-coined.

It was but then it was overused, as it was directed at just about any online pro Scottish independence posts, and became meaningless. Now it just tends to demonstrate the user's inability to construct coherent arguments - a bit like the term "fake news".

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I don't think he is meaning the muppets you get on both sides of practically any political point,

I believe he means the Tory party specifically and their less than civil approach. Big Bojo himself is a good example, sitting playing Candycrush or something while Ian Backford is talking in the House of Commons. Could be wrong though but that's my interpretation of BTB's comment here. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, poor wee "us". 

While your wiping up your tears at the "abuse" the sensitive SNP get just think on the "abuse" that Johnson gets, along with anything English.

I'll decide if I think something is "jockular" 😜 or not, thanks. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

.There's a difference between what is said in the GN section of a football forum and not adhering to the norms of political discourse and we know where that can lead, there has been a increased nastiness in the dialogue relating to the SNP it and it stems from Farage/UKIP and is now orchestrated by the gammon (sic) wing of the Tory party and led by the self styled Minister for the Union who is clearly unwilling to adhere to the rules of parliament on a ongoing basis and now routinely ignores parliamentary censure - it's not a simple case of like-vs-like.

FWIW I reckon it's a tactic I think will backfire and am quite happy to see them continue down this path, far from self-pity my opinion is bring it on - compare and contrast Johnson with the dignified & fragrant NS. :cloud9 she truly is the Steven Thompson of UK politix....

As for the highlighted bit oaky, you could have, once again you raise the bar in terms of pomposity. :spud5

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

.There's a difference between what is said in the GN section of a football forum and not adhering to the norms of political discourse and we know where that can lead, there has been a increased nastiness in the dialogue relating to the SNP it and it stems from Farage/UKIP and is now orchestrated by the gammon (sic) wing of the Tory party and led by the self styled Minister for the Union who is clearly unwilling to adhere to the rules of parliament on a ongoing basis and now routinely ignores parliamentary censure - it's not a simple case of like-vs-like.

FWIW I reckon it's a tactic I think will backfire and am quite happy to see them continue down this path, far from self-pity my opinion is bring it on - compare and contrast Johnson with the dignified & fragrant NS. :cloud9 she truly is the Steven Thompson of UK politix....

As for the highlighted bit oaky, you could have, once again you raise the bar in terms of pomposity. :spud5

And once again bud, for the umpteenth time, I couldn't give a rat's perfectly formed ass. I'm always baffled by two things. Firstly, why this sort of thing gets to you and secondly, why on earth you would tell me. 😁

40 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And once again bud, for the umpteenth time, I couldn't give a rat's perfectly formed ass. I'm always baffled by two things. Firstly, why this sort of thing gets to you and secondly, why on earth you would tell me. 😁

I believe you DO care.  It shows.  :heart

If ye didnae, ye'd no be baffled and ye'd never bother replying.

It's kinda sweet... :)

Kids, nooadays...

I know some people on here love to be challenged by graphs.

The one linked to below, about CV numbers in comparison to flu numbers most years, seems to suggest there is a much larger than usual bulge in people succumbing to a virus. 

John Burn-Murdoch on Twitter: "NEW: a common response to reports of hospitals struggling this winter is "it’s no different to a bad flu season!" I’ve tracked down historical data on flu ICU admissions, including winter 2017-18, a record high. Here’s how England’s Covid winter compares to a bad flu season 📹 https://t.co/tsExrDZM31" / Twitter

Getting murkier and murkier....................... @pod, you might, or might not, have seen this. 

Major probe into covid-hit care home

Braemount Care Home - where almost two thirds of all residents contracted Covid-19 - has been made the subject of a Large Scale Investigation (LSI) .

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/major-probe-covid-hit-care-23276795?fbclid=IwAR0jMEiF7LMKuz5U-8xA42yF2wMrCizu9rTT86s8q388zyOLivJGWPXf1fw

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are free to believe whatever you like, my wrinkly octagenarian friend.

Only 2 errors in one sentence - could do better!!

An 8th decade does not an octogenarian make.

(actually 4 errors, as I’m not really wrinkly and I maintain a finite and discrete coterie of friends)

:)

Only 2 errors in one sentence - could do better!!
An 8th decade does not an octogenarian make.
(actually 4 errors, as I’m not really wrinkly and I maintain a finite and discrete coterie of friends)

[emoji4]
Did you count the "free to believe whatever you like" part as an error? You can only believe what you are convinced of. If you disagree, and think you can choose what to believe, then try to choose to believe that I'm right about this.

Foodbank use in Renfrewshire rises once again. We will see this service further challenged this year as more households hit hard times.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/renfrewshire-foodbank-gave-out-300-23238190
From the same source

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/authors/paisley-daily-express/renfrewshire-foodbank-halts-donations-amid-23276133

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Getting murkier and murkier....................... @pod, you might, or might not, have seen this. 

Major probe into covid-hit care home

Braemount Care Home - where almost two thirds of all residents contracted Covid-19 - has been made the subject of a Large Scale Investigation (LSI) .

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/major-probe-covid-hit-care-23276795?fbclid=IwAR0jMEiF7LMKuz5U-8xA42yF2wMrCizu9rTT86s8q388zyOLivJGWPXf1fw

I am a bit confused by the government's  figures ,they have vaccinated  113, 000 ,but only 15000 in care homes ? And still we have people  dying in these places .

I thought it was care homes first !

29 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I am a bit confused by the government's  figures ,they have vaccinated  113, 000 ,but only 15000 in care homes ? And still we have people  dying in these places .

I thought it was care homes first !

This article is quoting numbers from before and up to Christmas approximately.

All of the unfortunate victims had caught it and passed away before the vaccine was available, unfortunately.

Since then care homes, amongst other vulnerable groups and front line workers have been targeted first.