Coronavirus

faraway saint

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Looking at today's figures the scariest part is that we're averaging just over 800 deaths per day over the last week and with us in LockdownLite the prospect of this figure coming down soon ain't too good.

Seriously? Are you actually living in fear over this?

45 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Just received some great news. My old dear who is in her late 80s is getting her vaccine next week. Thankfully she is still very fit and able to drive to get it at her GP. 

Bit of a lottery this ,I know of several over 90s in sheltered  accommodation  still waiting for a letter

48 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Not me personally, but the lockdown ain't working so we're waiting for the vaccine.

OK fair enough. It was only because you used the phrase "scariest".

You are correct about the lockdown and indeed all lockdowns. They solve nothing but kick the can further down the road, destroying the economy with it. Even the vaccines won't stop us having to accept that there will be a potentially significant death toll every year because of this virus. The interesting thing is how many members of the public believe that these vaccines are a "cure for covid" when they are nothing of the sort.

I said it a while ago that I can't see what the long term goal or the strategy is of either Scotland or the RUK. There seems to be a f**k of a lot of denial going on. The problem for both governments is that they've gone for the "moral high ground" strategy for a year now and it's going to be very difficult for them to climb down from that because we have no cure and there will never be a cure.

Covid was never a moral issue. It was, remains and always will be a health issue. Nothing more or less. Only easily influenced idiots see it otherwise.

Cept it is a moral issue, or at the very least a social issue (for me the terms are synonymous), when people who can't work from home, can't afford to self isolate because they're either low paid or working in a job with no sick pay, live in a deprived area or in overcrowded accommodation and don't have a private garden they suffer worse than those who can and do - yet again the refrain of "we're all in it together" rings hollow - but hey let's blame the most vulnerable members of our society. 

You say you're wealthy but what use is your wealth gonna be when the new all singing & dancing version of the Rona comes a-knocking at your door?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Did anyone view that police incident video I posted earlier? OTT even if she was a difficult character.
I watched it now, just to make sure it was the clip I'd seen before. Nice language and behaviour in front of her own children.

Then there's the obligatory, I know my rights quote. "I'm a woman of this land" [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I watched it now, just to make sure it was the clip I'd seen before. Nice language and behaviour in front of her own children.

Then there's the obligatory, I know my rights quote. "I'm a woman of this land" emoji23.png

Aye, scum, selfish and her children are probably doomed watching THAT as an example of how to behave. 

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Cept it is a moral issue, or at the very least a social issue (for me the terms are synonymous), when people who can't work from home, can't afford to self isolate because they're either low paid or working in a job with no sick pay, live in a deprived area or in overcrowded accommodation and don't have a private garden they suffer worse than those who can and do - yet again the refrain of "we're all in it together" rings hollow - but hey let's blame the most vulnerable members of our society. 

You say you're wealthy but what use is your wealth gonna be when the new all singing & dancing version of the Rona comes a-knocking at your door?

The problem with mis-classifying it as a moral issue is that whilst it plays well to the gallery of numbnuts on this forum and others, it leads to terrible decisions.

It's a health issue. Pure and simple.

As for wealth, it won't protect me at all and I have never claimed it would. Your rant about overcrowding is amusing as ever but no idea what your point is. I'm not hugely interested in a another pointless discussion about wealth inequality and eating the rich TBF.

Edited by oaksoft

Just watching the daily dose of 10pm depression. As crap as the situation is, the huge daily numbers now are the fallback from the christmas hell, nothing else. The warnings were the beforehand. To let 3 households mix xmas day and let's face it, 2 or maybe all 3 wouldn't have stayed together all day but mixed with others as the day went on...............

Like playing Russian roulette with a killer disease, fantastic.

As unpopular as is was at time, now my own parents who are in their 70s are glad we stopped them coming xmas day and had to zoom the kids and us instead, too much of a risk. 

People just need to be a bit sensible that's all

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

9 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Just watching the daily dose of 10pm depression. As crap as the situation is, the huge daily numbers now are the fallback from the christmas hell, nothing else. The warnings were the beforehand. To let 3 households mix xmas day and let's face it, 2 or maybe all 3 wouldn't have stayed together all day but mixed with others as the day went on...............

Like playing Russian roulette with a killer disease, fantastic.

As unpopular as is was at time, now my own parents who are in their 70s are glad we stopped them coming xmas day and had to zoom the kids and us instead, too much of a risk. 

People just need to be a bit sensible that's all

Indeed, the "get out" clause is "oh we were told we COULD do it"...................................lemmings. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

New variant 

Are you scared yet ? :lol:

Erm, no.

Not to be too brutal but I keep getting furloughed cos I had some serious kidney issues years ago, i don't hide away indoors I get out but don't put myself in stupid situations and if anyone gets too close when I'm out then they get reminded in no uncertain terms.

6 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Erm, no.

Not to be too brutal but I keep getting furloughed cos I had some serious kidney issues years ago, i don't hide away indoors I get out but don't put myself in stupid situations and if anyone gets too close when I'm out then they get reminded in no uncertain terms.

I'd suggest you don't try to get any sense from him.

That boat has long sailed. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I'd suggest you don't try to get any sense from him.

That boat has long sailed. 

Have you found that evidence yet ?

You accused me of being a racist .

Prove it.

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

As I described a “difficult character” however the polis response was aggressive. It’s difficult to tell the background to the incident from the footage, but I’m not sure I’d be “compliant” to an intrusion. Subsequently  I’ve read up on the Act and the polis didn’t break any laws. 

Just in case the polis plan to visit my hoose I keep a baseball bat for recreational purposes only. 😂 

You know ,so do I even have a couple of old tennis balls in the dogs toy box😁

Just in case the polis plan to visit my hoose I keep a baseball bat for recreational purposes only. [emoji23] 

As an ex ice hockey player, the hockey stick is a memento. [emoji6]

Slashing, 2 minute penalty. Pfft.

Spearing/Butt Ending, It carries an automatic major penalty and game misconduct. Now we're talking.

Yeah, I've seen how this could be used in a trained persons hands. [emoji23]

The quote clearly says "in part" there is no spin here. 
In other news, a further 1,325 people in the UK have died within 28 days of a positive covid test, a new daily record that brings us to 79,833 deaths by this measure on the 8th of January.
Will you finally act like a decent human being, admit you were wrong and apologise for the language you used towards me when I made my over 80,000 by end of second week of January prediction? 

Credit where credits due. I thought your prediction was way off the mark.......... but here we are.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:56 PM, faraway saint said:

Getting murkier and murkier....................... @pod, you might, or might not, have seen this. 

Major probe into covid-hit care home

Braemount Care Home - where almost two thirds of all residents contracted Covid-19 - has been made the subject of a Large Scale Investigation (LSI) .

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/major-probe-covid-hit-care-23276795?fbclid=IwAR0jMEiF7LMKuz5U-8xA42yF2wMrCizu9rTT86s8q388zyOLivJGWPXf1fw

Renfrewshire HSCP have been on touch.

Nothing in the Care Inspectorate report is a surprise to me.

Let things take their natural course.