Coronavirus

faraway saint

12 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Credit where credits due. I thought your prediction was way off the mark.......... but here we are.

wish I was wrong but fair play in putting your hand up on it, very respectable 👍

I ask only for an apology for the language used by faraway saint who called me a number of derogatory names for simply giving my view.

So far it isn’t forthcoming. 

I don't particularly want to refight any of the old battles but do we have an exit strategy?

Will the current schedule of vaccinations (an area where I think the UK is doing well), the current lockdown and better weather arriving in a few months when do we ease restrictions and if we haven't stamped the virus out by the summer do we just accept we have to live with the disease - I'd say we'll have to.

17 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I don't particularly want to refight any of the old battles but do we have an exit strategy?

Will the current schedule of vaccinations (an area where I think the UK is doing well), the current lockdown and better weather arriving in a few months when do we ease restrictions and if we haven't stamped the virus out by the summer do we just accept we have to live with the disease - I'd say we'll have to.

My honest view is, god knows.

There are plenty of countries who, looking at the numbers, are on top of this but it's not gone away, as far as I know.

I agree, we'll have to live with it, hoping the vaccine puts it into a very low risk category. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

My honest view is, god knows.

There are plenty of countries who, looking at the numbers, are on top of this but it's not gone away, as far as I know.

I agree, we'll have to live with it, hoping the vaccine puts it into a very low risk category. 

It's entirely possible, looking at the past history of viral behaviour, that the tendency for mutated variants of Covid to appear, could lead to the efficacy of any vaccines being reduced or rendered completely ineffective.

The vaccines seem to be based on inducing our immune system to produce antibodies specific to a viral spike protein. Any variant that has significantly mutated viral spike proteins, may well eventually be able to completely circumvent any of the current vaccines. 

You'd then be looking at the possibility of a cycle of yearly "Covid jabs", based on the likely variants at large in the population at the time. Much like our current "Flu jab" cycle.

Even if our current virus does "go away", looking at the way coronaviruses in general have proliferated in previous years, then there will be another one along at some point. 

On 10/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, bazil85 said:

You don't "know" what the death total will be at the end of 2020, no one does. You not understanding that's the reason people don't give answers won't change this. 

With a gun to my head I think there will be between 80k - over 100k deaths by the end of the second week in January (went for that given the Christmas and New Year reporting, not sure how it'll work exactly) 

On 10/28/2020 at 12:45 PM, faraway saint said:

So, taking 50,000 being the figure now, well not really but I'll play along, and splitting your number to be 90,000 that equates to just over 500 EVERY day for the next 78 days. 

Jeezo. 😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55605173 

Sad news, still waiting for @faraway saint to apologise for some of the name calling aimed at me after this interaction. Given him ample opportunities to be a bigger person and accept he was wrong. 

34 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55605173 

Sad news, still waiting for @faraway saint to apologise for some of the name calling aimed at me after this interaction. Given him ample opportunities to be a bigger person and accept he was wrong. 

This is pretty classless from you.

I predicted we might be looking at something approaching 100k (which we are reasonably close to) but you won't find me crowing or taking obvious pleasure in that as you are clearly doing. Neither am I looking for praise or recognition.

Faraway is an arsehole but looking for praise and public apologies because you guessed correctly at the number of deaths is pretty low behaviour.

We won't be seeing much of a relaxation of restrictions before Easter IMO and actually I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to have to wait until the summer.

As for getting back to normal, f**k only knows. Read someone saying it might need another full year.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I predicted we might be looking at something approaching 100k (which we are reasonably close to) but you won't find me crowing or taking obvious pleasure in that as you are clearly doing. Neither am I looking for praise or recognition.

Faraway is an arsehole but looking for praise and public apologies because you guessed correctly at the number of deaths is pretty low behaviour.

I've got the trumpet on ignore.

I mentioned a week or so ago we were heading towards his 80,000 figure, which no one seen coming.

If he thinks he's super for pulling a random number out of the hat, yippee for him.

If you throw enough darts at at dart board you'll hit a treble 20 sometime. 

As for me being an arsehole, you have shown your a lowlife in the last few months, I'll never be as low as you. 

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FS responses to me for making a prediction were bang out of order, you yourself have called him out on his attacks on many that give an opinion he doesn't agree with.

There is no pleasure in this for me (personally I thought it was pretty obvious as many others did so it's hardly an earth-shattering revelation), I simply want an apology. You seen some of the stuff he posted, can you maybe separate out the unfortunate circumstance and see why that might aggrieve someone? 

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I mentioned a week or so ago we were heading towards his 80,000 figure, which no one seen coming.

If he thinks he's super for pulling a random number out of the hat, yippee for him.

As for me being an arsehole, you have shown your a lowlife in the last few months, I'll never be as low as you. 

Pathetic comment, 

"no one seen coming" apart from practically every scientific led statistician updating on UK cases. Would rather hide with his tails between his legs than admit he was wrong and apologies for his unsavory behaviour (something @oaksoftcalled him out on recently but seems to have now backtracked on).

Now that is "pretty low behaviour"

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Because I am the very embodiment of purity, love and justice, I have emptied my ignore list - as I do on a fairly regular basis.

"No-one seen coming"? I'll ignore the dreadful grammar and sentence construction which ripped through my brain like a rusty blade. Many people saw it coming. You didn't. But that's just you being you.

And as a last comment, I want to express how surprised I am that you don't recognise your own arseholery. I am just absolutely astonished at that. So astonished that I'm off to get another coffee and custard cream and ponder it in my comfy armchair beside the fireplace.

42 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

FS responses to me for making a prediction were bang out of order, you yourself have called him out on his attacks on many that give an opinion he doesn't agree with.

There is no pleasure in this for me (personally I thought it was pretty obvious as many others did so it's hardly an earth-shattering revelation), I simply want an apology. You seen some of the stuff he posted, can you maybe separate out the unfortunate circumstance and see why that might aggrieve someone? 

Can I understand why someone posting something on a football forum would "aggrieve someone"?

Not really. I use the ignore function to temporarily block people who waste my time or post nothing but tedious abuse but I cannot understand anyone getting "aggrieved" by anyone else. Why on earth would you allow yourself to get into that state?

40 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Pathetic comment, 

"no one seen coming" apart from practically every scientific led statistician updating on UK cases. Would rather hide with his tails between his legs than admit he was wrong and apologies for his unsavory behaviour (something @oaksoftcalled him out on recently but seems to have now backtracked on).

Now that is "pretty low behaviour"

Honestly, if you are allowing yourself to get this upset, maybe you need to consider taking a break from the forum. Is it really worth it?

Or just stick him on ignore until you feel less upset.

Edited by oaksoft

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Can I understand why someone posting something on a football forum would "aggrieve someone"?

Not really. I use the ignore function to temporarily block people who waste my time or post nothing but tedious abuse but I cannot understand anyone getting "aggrieved" by anyone else. Why on earth would you allow yourself to get into that state?

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly, if you are allowing yourself to get this upset, maybe you need to consider taking a break from the forum. Is it really worth it?

Or just stick him on ignore until you feel less upset.

Referenced this before (although it may be one of those times you got upset & put me on ignore) 

Your approach to forum engagement isn’t the be all & end all. Just because you message in a certain way, doesn’t mean it’s the right way. 
Personally I do get frustrated sometimes when people post certain things, believe it or not, that’s allowed . 

You aren’t ‘helping’ or educating me by telling me about ignore functions & breaks from BAWA, I made a conscious choice to engage the way I did following unsavoury behaviour from FS that you seemingly agree with. 

Edited by bazil85

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Thanks for quoting him.............................he wants an apology? :lol:

Ok, I apologise, I should have called him worse. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A bigger person would have already done it. 

it’s common knowledge you are quite small, petty & unhinged. Not a surprise you haven’t admitted you were wrong & apologised for your comments. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It should be some consolation that he's allowed you to get under his skin and that he's quite happy to advertise the fact all over the forum that he is a weak character who is easily hurt and needs constant affirmation. :D

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

It should be some consolation that he's allowed you to get under his skin and that he's quite happy to advertise the fact all over the forum that he is a weak character who is easily hurt and needs constant affirmation. :D

Ok, but don't quote him anymore, it could well push him over the edge. :thumbs2

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Sigh!

And we're done talking.

You used the same word in your post to me. :whistle

My advice to you would be not to take things so personally on BAWA that you can’t even see someone post without getting upset & need to use the ignore function at the drop of a hat. 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The Oakster right (and only) approach to using the internet 😂

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, but don't quote him anymore, it could well push him over the edge. :thumbs2

Just now, oaksoft said:

I rarely do to be fair. That’s a lie

Now, bugger off. I'm trying to enjoy my evening by the fireside. Where the hell did I put my brandy....

Aw you’re both so cute. 😍