Coronavirus

faraway saint

Just now, oaksoft said:

Actually it was my way of politely telling you to f**k off and bother someone else but it appears my quest failed.

Nope, it was your way of admitting that you don’t have any evidence, you made it up and you launched another ad hominem attack to defect yet again from me exposing your stupidity. 

Just now, Sue Denim said:

Nope, it was your way of admitting that you don’t have any evidence, you made it up and you launched another ad hominem attack to defect yet again from me exposing your stupidity. 

I care not.

Someone on another thread mentioned Creme Eggs and now I'm off to make a totally non-essential trip to Asda to get some. Maybe I'll find something interesting in your post tomorrow. Bon chance.

13 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

When the age and size of the population is taken into account, despite Covid, the death rate in 2020 is below average for the last 20 years. 

This measure – known as age-standardised mortality – takes into account population growth and age.

On one hand, excess deaths are at their highest since World War Two, but once age and size of population are taken into account, 2020 death rates are similar to those in the last 10 years.  

Raw death rates, with 697,000 deaths in 2020 seem alarming but our population is larger and older on average and death rates continue to be much less than they were only a decade or so ago. 

Death rates fluctuate significantly from year to year. With 2019 having an unusually low rate, a significant increase in 2020 was expected. The ONS figures help put the Covid death toll over the past 12 months in a wider context.

What is clear is that 2020 was not a year in which the death rate was exceptionally large and that public panic over Covid has been misplaced. 

1C7B7E16-1763-46E1-9379-6BA070556EE9.jpeg

Interesting stuff! I don't suppose you have the link to the original graph?

I am of the opinion that what we're witnessing is an economic re-set. Aye, there's a virus, and it's quite a nasty bug that will kill some of the elderly and sick, but very few healthy people under the age of sixty will die from it. It's being used as a pretext for social and economic change.

11 minutes ago, W6er said:

I am of the opinion that what we're witnessing is an economic re-set. Aye, there's a virus, and it's quite a nasty bug that will kill some of the elderly and sick, but very few healthy people under the age of sixty will die from it. It's being used as a pretext for social and economic change.

For what purpose? 

13 minutes ago, W6er said:

Indeed, very few, but I suppose if you are a relative of the few it's still tragic that you've been taken by something we hadn't heard of a year ago and, with care, could be avoided.

That's hard to take. 

Below numbers for Scotland..........................not sure of the health of the 8 people before Covid killed them, but if Covid was the main cause then the underlying reasons are irrelevant. 

What, exactly, are you suggesting here? "USED" for social and economic change.................................FX sake, not more conspiracy theories? 

image.png.f44fc13bffdc281d9c29630b4cb7f19f.png

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Let me know if you need any more tin foil.

The one thing that has interested me about this crisis is how quickly people are ready to believe all sorts of conspiracy theories. It’s strange because prior to this virus folk were getting into big debates about God v science and how anyone who believed in God must be a gullible nut job. Yet now people have abandoned science and are happy to believe that it’s a Zionist conspiracy, reptile people, 5g etc. 

I suppose when all the traditional structures of society are dismantled something has to fill the vacuum. 

From a while back but still valid

"Let’s take a minute to talk about why this is absolutely, f**king, ridiculous.

At no point EVER in the history of the world, have all the governments, of all the countries, of the whole world, got together and gone “hey, can we all agree that we need some kind of plague going on? You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Okay, can we all agree to disagree publicly about the best way to handle it? It’ll seem more realistic this way? You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Okay, can we get all the doctors and nurses etc on board? We’ll need some people to lie about cause of death for at least 875,000 people... you all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Some of you might have to cop a bit of crap, and be pretty much blamed for everything, including who individual idiots choose to shag. You okay with that Dan?”

* Dan nods head

“We’ll need Bill Gates to promote a vaccine that includes a microchip... can someone get Bill on board? You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“We’re gonna call it Corona virus - it’s a real type of virus thing, but can someone check with Cerveceria Modelo if they’re happy for their beer to take a hit when idiots correlate the two? You all okay with that? Mexico? Belgium?”

* all nod heads

“We’ll need to spread the non-existent plague through 5G towers - can someone get the telco’s for every country on board? You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Look, we’re going to need to crash the economy of the whole world - you might cop some flack... you all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“We need a guy to eat a raw bat... we need to have a country to blame....can someone get on that? China? Thanks. You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“After that, we’ll need some ways to spread it - let’s focus mainly on cruise ships and old folks homes - you all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Some weirdos might come out of the woodwork - we’re gonna have to put tinfoil and toilet roll supply into overdrive.... you all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“They’re the ones we want though, okay? Divide and conquer. You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Oh yeah, no leaks, ok? The public can’t know about this.... you all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“We’ll need a coupla high profile celebs on board? They need to be loveable. Can someone check if Tom Hanks is happy to get it and recover? Also, check if Tim Brookes-Taylor is happy to get it and die. You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Now, Trump, you’re gonna have to keep acting like a dickhead, if this is to be believable. America will probably have to have more deaths than most other countries, and it needs to seem like it’s your fault - you okay with that Don?”

* Trump: “Covfefe”

“Awesome. Great that we’re all agreeable. Now, if any of you in the room are currently at war with another country in the room, you need to keep that act up, or they’ll be onto us - you all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Oh, and we need someone to come up with bizarre cures....anyone? Anyone? Don?”

* Trump: “I know a voodoo doctor? Bleach? Internal light? Hydroxychloroquine?”

“Perfect. You all okay with that?”

* all nod heads

“Cool. Does anyone wanna know why we’re doing this?”

* all shake heads

“Great, let’s get to it.”

* all nod heads

Seriously, if Covid 19 is a myth, then world peace could have been achieved."

3 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

For what purpose? 

Partly environmental - we're depleting resources and there has been concern about mankind's impact on the environment. That's the benevolent version. The more cynical one is that the world's elite see us, the hoi polloi, as "useless eaters"; parasites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset#:~:text=The Great Reset is a,and WEF director Klaus Schwab.

Every once in a while capitalism needs to 're-set'. In the past this has been through wars - kill off a lot of useless eaters at the same time. Nowadays that wouldn't be practical with the weapons we have. I do think there will be a few skirmishes over the next couple of decades. Possibly TPTB will look to reduce the population through war, but obviously that's risky. I think Iran's next for regime change.

13 minutes ago, W6er said:

Partly environmental - we're depleting resources and there has been concern about mankind's impact on the environment. That's the benevolent version. The more cynical one is that the world's elite see us, the hoi polloi, as "useless eaters"; parasites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset#:~:text=The Great Reset is a,and WEF director Klaus Schwab.

Every once in a while capitalism needs to 're-set'. In the past this has been through wars - kill off a lot of useless eaters at the same time. Nowadays that wouldn't be practical with the weapons we have. I do think there will be a few skirmishes over the next couple of decades. Possibly TPTB will look to reduce the population through war, but obviously that's risky. I think Iran's next for regime change.

These elites you speak of, they are aware that there not immortal and no matter what plans (alleged) they implement they won’t benefit from this in there lifetime. 

21 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The one thing that has interested me about this crisis is how quickly people are ready to believe all sorts of conspiracy theories. It’s strange because prior to this virus folk were getting into big debates about God v science and how anyone who believed in God must be a gullible nut job. Yet now people have abandoned science and are happy to believe that it’s a Zionist conspiracy, reptile people, 5g etc. 

I suppose when all the traditional structures of society are dismantled something has to fill the vacuum. 

One of the negatives about the internet and so called "free speech", abused by many, especially racists. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

One of the negatives about the internet and so called "free speech", abused by many, especially racists. 

I don’t have any social media apart from what’s app and on here. I speak to people who usually are pretty sensible and they now are happy to talk a load of nonsense about the vaccine and the new world order etc. I sometimes think that by not being on social media I may have built up some natural immunity to the nonsense. 

15 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I don’t have any social media apart from what’s app and on here. I speak to people who usually are pretty sensible and they now are happy to talk a load of nonsense about the vaccine and the new world order etc. I sometimes think that by not being on social media I may have built up some natural immunity to the nonsense. 

Having read your posts, you haven't. :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'd rather be useless than spend my time on forums attacking ordinary members of the public instead of  attacking the politicians who allowed our NHS to be run into the ground to the extent that we are struggling to cope with a thousand moderately sick people in a global pandemic.

What is really interesting is that there is evidence of the "eat out" scheme being a big factor in recent growth. Now remind me who made heavy use of that scheme. I'm struggling here. Was it me? Nope. What about shull. Was it shull? No I don't think so. Hang on. It was a tit from Arbroath. I forget his name.

You genuinely can’t be serious, you spend just as much time doing this as FS does. 

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You better tell wee Nicky..........................it's not banned, my error, but the new rules make it almost impossible to operate, as I just seen from a chip shop owner in Paisley. 

Covid restrictions around takeaway and click and collect services in Scotland are to tighten.

D545D0B8-A1F9-4594-9F88-8B5A826D00ED.png

11 hours ago, W6er said:

🤣

10 hours ago, W6er said:

Oh my actual f**king god!!!!

You appear to be serious. :o