Coronavirus

faraway saint

16 minutes ago, smcc said:

Brazil sits astride the Equator. For most of the country there is little difference between summer and winter. June temperature in Rio is as high as our normal summer temperature.

Thank you, Michael Fish :clapping

Brazilian Summer
End of March to End of October
Do you really get a kick out of posting shite when folk have told you that they have lost members of their family and friends from this?
You called me racist with no evidence.
So feck off
Do you really get a kick out of posting shite when folk have told you that they have lost members of their family and friends from this?
You going to answer my question shull or do you want me to start a new thread?

26 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’ve been advocating this approach since before the first lockdown. Finally some common sense.

“The UK is to close all travel corridors from Monday morning to "protect against the risk of as yet unidentified new strains" of Covid, the PM has said.

Anyone flying into the country from overseas will have to show proof of a negative Covid test before setting off.

arrivals to the UK will need to quarantine for up to 10 days, unless they test negative after five days.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55681861

If I could see it why could all these government advisors and civil servants?

Think we all saw it except Boris. all he was seeing was a Brexit deal

33 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’ve been advocating this approach since before the first lockdown. Finally some common sense.

“The UK is to close all travel corridors from Monday morning to "protect against the risk of as yet unidentified new strains" of Covid, the PM has said.

Anyone flying into the country from overseas will have to show proof of a negative Covid test before setting off.

arrivals to the UK will need to quarantine for up to 10 days, unless they test negative after five days.”

The numbers of passengers involved are very small, and the number with the virus would not have made a massive amount of difference.

I'm not saying there was no impact but it's not a massive player in the bigger picture.

Arrivals to the UK by air were down by 73% compared to the year before, unless almost everyone on these flights had the virus it's stretching it to make it a major factor in the mess we're in.

The current restrictions have only happened down to the new strain seemingly being more easily transmitted, although I thought we already had our own version. 

9 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Let’s agree to disagree. One person getting in with COVID has the ability to infect so many others. Test and trace at point of entry. It’s not hard. Oz have been doing this since the start and their numbers of deaths are so much lower than ours even with the population differences. 

They have 909 deaths since this began. They acted. They halted this at the borders by doing what we are only now introducing. 

Apple's and oranges with Australia yet again, and there's nothing to suggest the UK figures were influenced that much to make it a scathing attack on the government.

There were next to NO flights between the first lockdown, late March, and early July. (three and a half months) 

Even then it was only a certain countries that were in the "air corridor".

Aye, unlikely international passengers had no effect, nothing to suggest a major player. 

PS There were STILL international flights going in and out of Australia, my mate was on one of them. 

image.png.ee6ce693b7d1c10dace52f00a90f5596.png

Edited by faraway saint

12 hours ago, Yflab said:

As BTB has mentioned (I think :P) this should have happened at the beginning of all this.

However, what hope did we have of closing borders given the panty wetting reaction, mostly by outraged unionists, when NS said that she couldn't rule out closing the border between Scotland and England?

We were far too lax in ensuring that restrictions  were adhered to right from the start.

How often did you read about several hundred residences being visited by police at the weekend and warned about the fact that they were breaking the law, without fines being issued?

My wife's nephew was in Melbourne during their Lockdown and he said that people were hammered for their stupidity/arrogance and didn't repeat their actions.

Edited by FTOF

35 minutes ago, smcc said:

Chapeau in France is only a hat!!! Yet another attempt to make yourself appear/feel a cut above the hoi poloi.

To be fair, if oxter wore a hat, it would improve his look.

better would be a balaclava.

even better... if he wore the balaclava back-to front!  :)