Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

That’s you tripled down on your error now Walter.

Do you want me to explain the difference between weekly and annual again?

The gift that keeps giving 😂

To be honest, I think you are wasting time posting any of this faked up nonsense but it's your time to spend as you see fit.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Possibly, people will do anything, as the amount of fcukwits that continually do as they like. 

If it's given to low paid folk, and is significantly more than they would normally receive, then some folk will definitely try to contract it. Essentially the government will be rewarding them for contracting it. What is the self-isolation period? Ten days? Fifty quid a day is a lot of money for some folk.

15 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Nicola Sturgeon caught breaking her own lockdown rules yet again

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nicola-sturgeons-official-residence-decorated-23363848

I’ll be following Nicola’s lead and going round to my in laws for a bevvy tomorrow night as per usual for a Saturday night 👍🍺🍺🍺

14D95053-D207-400A-AFB4-62F018E0FC59.jpeg

15 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Nicola Sturgeon caught breaking her own lockdown rules yet again

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nicola-sturgeons-official-residence-decorated-23363848

I’ll be following Nicola’s lead and going round to my in laws for a bevvy tomorrow night as per usual for a Saturday night 👍🍺🍺🍺

Bet your in laws are thrilled.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A year ago Wuhan became hot news after Covid forcing it to close down.

Severe restrictions, well severe is an understatement, have, seemingly, eradicated the virus. 

Now, not ONE case for months and life is back to normal.  

To be honest, I just wouldn't trust anything coming out of China.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The gentleman who was giving the live report lives not far and had visited Wuhan.

Believe what you like, that's the way this thread goes. 

You live not far from Dundee and Aberdeen and have recently visited both.

What's the story with those two cities right now without looking at the internet?

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You live not far from Dundee and Aberdeen and have recently visited both.

What's the story with those two cities right now without looking at the internet?

When did I visit Aberdeen? :lol:

You're making shit up again. 

I'm not visiting with a view to provide a report for the BBC you utter clown. 🤡

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

When did I visit Aberdeen? :lol:

You're making shit up again. 

I'm not visiting with a view to provide a report for the BBC you utter clown. 🤡

That's a wee indication of how much trust you should put in someone's credentials when they are reporting on Wuhan just because they live nearby.

The argument in favour is that if it reduces spread of the virus it pays for itself.

It won't.

If the risk of dying isn't enough to encourage compliance with restrictions, a £500 "bonus" won't.
It might tempt some to try catching it for the money though. Hopefully not, if it is introduced.

Anyway it may be just to although I thought that's what he sent Priti "Supervillain" Patel out to do earlier in the week.
I just think Boris is a guy who prefers to dish out the not to expect the lockdown to end quickly, ... 

What's lockdown like where you live?
In East London, from the busyness of the roads, you wouldn't believe there is restrictions, never mind a supposed lockdown.

As it stands, cannot see lockdown ending anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

It won't.

If the risk of dying isn't enough to encourage compliance with restrictions, a £500 "bonus" won't.
It might tempt some to try catching it for the money though. Hopefully not, if it is introduced.

In East London, from the busyness of the roads, you wouldn't believe there is restrictions, never mind a supposed lockdown.

On a much smaller scale I've said the same here, very little, if any, difference in traffic. 

Seems a token gesture which is having minimum effect TBH. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

On a much smaller scale I've said the same here, very little, if any, difference in traffic. 

Seems a token gesture which is having minimum effect TBH. 

Same in Paisley.

Certainly nothing like the lockdown earlier in the year when the roads were virtually empty.

LEEDS ?

Seems very much like business as usual

Traffic close to normal

Shops that are open, no panic buying, just normal shopping with no shortage of stock.

First lockdown was like a ghost town

1 hour ago, Kombibuddie said:

It won't.

The argument in favour of a substantial guaranteed payment is that, as even you say, the current system ain't working and many people are clearly not prepared to take the chance on the timescale or probability of getting said payment and will ignore the symptoms as long as they can drag themselves to their place of work. It's all a bit moot now as BJ seems to have backed away from the notion.

Yeah, the roads are not quite as busy as pre-pandemic but still nothing like as empty as Lockdown1, obviously the current version is not as restrictive as the first one but I'm hoping this number of motors on the road reflects a reduction in carsharing. Obviously the balance between not completely trashing the economy and fighting the pandemic is complicated (statin' the bleedin' obvious) but you would hope we don't repeat the same mistakes and end the current lockdown too early or come out with restrictions that are too lax.

As I've said above, somewhere, I hope the combination of better weather, the current lockdowns and vaccinations will allow some relaxation of the rules by late spring but I wouldn't expect to see any mass attended events for quite some time yet. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

And you were okay with lives being putting at risk and grannies dying to complete this “essential” work? 

You’ve literally been arguing that there should be zero restrictions & everything should be as normal. Double standards that highlight your bias. 

Essential work so it’s a non-story, would rather it was done while the property was vacated. 

Edited by bazil85

Same in Paisley.
Certainly nothing like the lockdown earlier in the year when the roads were virtually empty.

Agreed, yesterday I took my daughter to meet her friend for a walk and the roads were very busy, Renfrew and Glasgow road areas were particularly busy. Big difference this time, you wouldn’t think we were locked down.

Personally I’m scunnerd with it all this time, didn’t feel as bad last year (perhaps cause weather was good), this ‘lockdown’ is rubbish - so boring with no apparent end in sight!!