Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

My wife and I got the Pfizer  jab a week ago ,never been so I in our lives since ,can t sleep,cant  eat ,terrible aches and pains a high temperature and cough.

And we have to through this maybe twice more!

And it might not work.

Better off just locking ourselves up as were doing !

As smcc says, maybe you have the virus since it takes more than a week for the jag to start working. 

Edited by Tommy

1 hour ago, smcc said:

I suggest that you might actually have developed Covid and should phone for advice.

Of course we phoned for advice ,they said it did sound not  like covid itself ,so phone your doctor ,we have to phone at 8am ,told to come for appointment  at 10.30am ,so through the snow me and my74 year old went ,had to wait outside because we were early ,then doctor said we should isolate!

16 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Of course we phoned for advice ,they said it did sound not  like covid itself ,so phone your doctor ,we have to phone at 8am ,told to come for appointment  at 10.30am ,so through the snow me and my74 year old went ,had to wait outside because we were early ,then doctor said we should isolate!

Hopefully it's a short term issue, got to look further ahead, safer for you both in the long term. 

16 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:
16 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Don't start using strawman arguments with me young man. emoji1.png

It's not a strawman argument, I answered your question and gave you the analogy I used. I genuinely thought it must be similar (psychologically) to being in the trenches when I was reading it hence the analogy.

OK I'll take you at your word on that and I'll answer in a similar vein.

Stories of what it was like working as a medic during the pandemic will certainly be worthwhile and I'm sure this woman will sell a ton of books.

The difference is that in WW1 they had a heap of downtime and keeping the troops from getting bored was a constant struggle. Owen and the others had plenty of time to write. This pandemic has been a different kettle of fish. Writing an entire novel and keeping up a twitter feed whilst simultaneously talking about being constantly overwhelmed with work undermines what she is saying.

As an aside, I have to say that the accounts of WW1 which I wanted to read didn't include the likes of Owen or other poets because, although I have tried, I'm not generally interested in poetry. I was always drawn to more factual accounts which left out most of the unnecessary emotional stuff.

Edited by oaksoft

OK I'll take you at your word on that and I'll answer in a similar vein.
Stories of what it was like working as a medic during the pandemic will certainly be worthwhile and I'm sure this woman will sell a ton of books.
The difference is that in WW1 they had a heap of downtime and keeping the troops from getting bored was a constant struggle. Owen and the others had plenty of time to write. This pandemic has been a different kettle of fish. Writing an entire novel and keeping up a twitter feed whilst simultaneously talking about being constantly overwhelmed with work undermines what she is saying.
As an aside, I have to say that the accounts of WW1 which I wanted to read didn't include the likes of Owen or other poets because, although I have tried, I'm not generally interested in poetry. I was always drawn to more factual accounts which left out most of the unnecessary emotional stuff.
At the risk of repeating myself...
Are you the reincarnation of a WW1 General? It would explain a lot...

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Just watching wee Nicky, not seen her for a while.

She, along with @Bud the Baker, are very pleased with the vaccine roll out.

The numbers that were hoped for early on in the vaccination roll out, seem to be on schedule.

Well done all concerned. :thumbs2

Agreed as I've said previously the vaccine roll-out seems to be going well in the UK, there seemed to be a slower start up here but NS insisted that was down to Scotland's prioritization being different, now that seems has been resolved there seems to be nothing for soon-to-be-Baroness-Ruth and her fellow travellers to complain about.

Edited by Bud the Baker

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I've said previously the vaccine roll-out seems to be going well in the UK, there seemed to be a slower start up here but NS insisted that was down to Scotland's prioritization being different , now that seems to have been resolved there seems to be nothing for soon-to-be-Baroness-Ruth and her fellow travellers to complain about.

Just seen that any bellends that fake travel documents and arrive from a country in the Red Zone could face up to TEN YEARS in prison.

While I'm all for introducing prison sentences for serious rule breakers TEN YEARS seems a tad excessive.

Would that apply to Oaky and his non mask wearing rebellious attitude?

If so, I'm all for it. :lol:

PS @Bud the Baker, I was acknowledging that you have continually recognised the roll out has been pretty decent. 

Edited by faraway saint

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen that any bellends that fake travel documents and arrive from a country in the Red Zone could face up to TEN YEARS in prison.

While I'm all for introducing prison sentences for serious rule breakers TEN YEARS seems a tad excessive.

Would that apply to Oaky and his non mask wearing rebellious attitude?

If so, I'm all for it. :lol:

PS @Bud the Baker, I was acknowledging that you have continually recognised the roll out has been pretty decent. 

No.

I don't fly and I am a bit old for 3 day bus trips to Europe and back.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen an item that some employers might be looking to insist that all employees HAVE to have had the vaccine to continue to work.

Interesting use of H&S angle, yet he "human rights" crew will be up in arms.

I’ve heard that a vaccine passport may be coming soon.You want to go on holiday,football,gigs,work etc you’ll need your passport.

48 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

With the British, South African and Brazilian variants, are we okay now to call it the Chinese virus?

we always have been able to use trite journalistic shorthand to describe where a virus first arose or where it had its attribution.

better though... is to use the name given to it by scientists than those invented by fruit loops, loonies and those who would seek to divide us and stir hate.

Don’t you agree?  :)

ETA

Here’s a new variant for you to get your gums into!  :)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/feb/09/mutation-of-kent-covid-variant-discovered-in-manchester

Edited by antrin

18 minutes ago, HSS said:

I’ve heard that a vaccine passport may be coming soon.You want to go on holiday,football,gigs,work etc you’ll need your passport.

It’s only a matter of time.

until recently I had one, issued by Thomas Cook travel, which listed jabs I had and date when they should be renewed. Typhoid, yellow fever, rabies etc... for when I was going to (and returning from)  countries where such diseases were still endemic.

It helped me stay safe and aided countries/people at each end of my journey.

Greece and Israel are currently sorting out a test run for tourists.  Spain will be desperate to do the same for Brits and Germans.

UK (and Deutschland) is dragging its feet on this with the excuse of making a two-tier system of jabbees and non-jabbees.  
I can’t see that lasting long...

despite this article in the Grauniad...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/07/freedom-and-fairness-covid-vaccine-passport-plans-cause-global-unease

Similarly, car hire companies like to see certification when I hire one of their cars that I am acknowledged as safe behind a wheel.  I don’t think non-drivers feel hard done to when they are asked for proof that they are safe to drive.

Edited by antrin

With infections falling it’s clear that lockdown is working says the BBC as they fall for the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy

Infections are falling because of seasonality.

Whoever wishes to investigate medicine properly should proceed thus: in the first place to consider the seasons of the year … 

Hippocrates

(circa 400 b.c.)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56041029

6897E9AA-82BC-4062-86C1-420C148AE11B.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

With infections falling it’s clear that lockdown is working says the BBC as they fall for the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy

Infections are falling because of seasonality.

Whoever wishes to investigate medicine properly should proceed thus: in the first place to consider the seasons of the year … 

Hippocrates

(circa 400 b.c.)

The numbers are starting to shift in the right direction due to a combination of factors such as lockdown and vaccinations, which are helping to lower the R number (now below 1 again).

As the first wave of this pandemic peaked last year at the start of April, doesn't that run contrary to your theory about infections now FALLING simply due to seasonality?

Hippocrates also believed in imbalances of Humors, Black  and yellow biles etc...

We may have moved on since old Hipps' day...?