Coronavirus

faraway saint

Got my jag yesterday with no problems at all.

10 mins wait then 5 mins in the chair to answer some question before the jag, and then 15 mins wait in a chair just to make sure you are ok before leaving. 

Also plenty of empty spaces in the car park. 

Got my jag yesterday with no problems at all.
10 mins wait then 5 mins in the chair to answer some question before the jag, and then 15 mins wait in a chair just to make sure you are ok before leaving. 
Also plenty of empty spaces in the car park. 
I take it that the 15 minutes wait is for folk that have no one there with them?

The reason I ask, when I took my mum she didn't have to wait.

30 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I take it that the 15 minutes wait is for folk that have no one there with them?

From what i saw, everybody was waiting including couples and people being pushed in wheelchairs. 

35 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The wait is to make sure there is no reaction to the injection.Everyone should be sitting just incase.

36 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I was under the impression everybody had to wait to check there was no immediate side effects.

Did your mum steal something? 

Remembering back, there was others that didn't have to wait as they had folk that hadn't been vaccinated with them.

This was done by a doctors surgery using the cathedrals hall.

My wife got the jag a few weeks ago at the RAH (walk in type service) and she did have to wait, just to ensure no reaction as such.

21 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

My wife got the jag a few weeks ago at the RAH (walk in type service) and she did have to wait, just to ensure no reaction as such.

It seems to depend on the type of vaccine.

As @antrin said, the Oxford/Astra Zeneca, doesn't require any observation after being administered.

I can't wait, well I can, but when I get it I'll see it as a superpower, Tesco shoppers watch out. 

It seems to depend on the type of vaccine.
As [mention=15031]antrin[/mention] said, the Oxford/Astra Zeneca, doesn't require any observation after being administered.
I can't wait, well I can, but when I get it I'll see it as a superpower, Tesco shoppers watch out. 

When she got back to the car it was the first thing I asked her - what one did you get - she never asked[emoji848]

When I get mine (whenever that may be) I will want to know what one / type, just out of sheer curiosity!!

1 minute ago, RichardBuddie said:

When she got back to the car it was the first thing I asked her - what one did you get - she never askedemoji848.png

When I get mine (whenever that may be) I will want to know what one / type, just out of sheer curiosity!!

The other reason some people don't hang about is if they steal some vaccine, like @Cookie Monster's mum. 😂

9 hours ago, antrin said:

I walked in and was directed to a seat. sat down and was given a leaflet(about injections) and was told to enter a “booth”, got the jag, left the booth, left the Toon Hall 

all in less than 5 minutes.

No wait for reaction needed for the Oxford/Astra Zeneca jag.

it was the Pfizer jag i got. 

Might depend on what make people get or is there room for people to wait after it. 

I was at the Lagoon and plenty of space to wait after the jag. 

After nearly 1 year of lockdown, who cares about the 10 mins :)

it was the Pfizer jag i got. 
Might depend on what make people get or is there room for people to wait after it. 
I was at the Lagoon and plenty of space to wait after the jag. 
After nearly 1 year of lockdown, who cares about the 10 mins [emoji4]

Wasn't it 15 minutes, you raging now [emoji14]

10 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

21843E47-774B-4CC6-986B-837B72315A25.jpeg

It's really strange that you keep sharing these graphics that provide strong evidence you have been wrong on a number of counts regarding the pandemic being "over" and lockdown measures to safeguard and protect lives aren't needed. Can you elaborate or is this just an acceptance you've been wrong for the best part of a year?