Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Or maybe they died from respiratory failure? 

Not straightforward, granted, so best not to speculate. 

Don't be so obtuse.

Covid deaths due to respiratory failure follow a familiar pattern of symptoms coupled with indicative internal indicators, which ICU staff are sadly all too familiar with. 

If a patient dies from respiratory failure who has tested positive for Covid and displayed these characteristic symptoms, which are specific to Covid, then it's not any other disease that causes their respiratory failure. 

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Don't be so obtuse.

Covid deaths due to respiratory failure follow a familiar pattern of symptoms coupled with indicative internal indicators, which ICU staff are sadly all too familiar with. 

If a patient dies from respiratory failure who has tested positive for Covid and displayed these characteristic symptoms, which are specific to Covid, then it's not any other disease that causes their respiratory failure. 

Ok doctor, again. 

You teachers can certainly multitask. 😂

So, tonight Johnson is to outline the plans to get us back to something resembling a normal/decent lifestyle.

A lot riding on this, I can't see any more leeway for business's that are already teetering on the brink, with the furlough system due to come to an end soon that safety net will be gone.

Israel, who have vaccinated half the population, have already resumed something close to a normal life, the UK are currently around 33% on the vaccination numbers, maybe we'll be aiming for something the same?  

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So, tonight Johnson is to outline the plans to get us back to something resembling a normal/decent lifestyle.

A lot riding on this, I can't see any more leeway for business's that are already teetering on the brink, with the furlough system due to come to an end soon that safety net will be gone.

Israel, who have vaccinated half the population, have already resumed something close to a normal life, the UK are currently around 33% on the vaccination numbers, maybe we'll be aiming for something the same?  

No he isn't.

ETA:

I offer an apology if you've moved to England. I am assuming you live in Scotland.

Edited by stlucifer

If you want to talk dictator you need look no further than the guy who ignored the law when procuring PPE through his mates. While I don't agree with everything her government has done, Sturgeon has more common sense  than the whole of the UK cabinet put together. I wouldn't trust BoJo and his cronies to tie a shoelace between them.

ETA:

The UK government has acted, both collectively and individually, to fill the coffers of their donors and friends to the detriment of the country. at least Sturgeon is trying to do the right thing for the people she and her party represent.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, pod said:

What renovate and man Hadrian Wall. :rolleyes:  In the hope of re-joining the EU.  

Not, "In the hope". That's suggesting it's the only motive. Self determination is the aim. IF we re-join, which I'm sure will happen, then we will have our own voice and, more importantly, the same right to veto that, incidentally, the UK always had and very seldom used.

Although I am glad you used the term "re-join" as this is a concession from a union supporter as, for so long it's been suggested we would have to apply to "join".

2 hours ago, pod said:

What renovate and man Hadrian Wall. :rolleyes:  In the hope of re-joining the EU.  

I like that idea - Hadrian's Wall was roughly where the current border is on the West Coast but on the East Coast it was closer to Newcastle!

260px-Hadrians_Wall_map.svg.png

The location of Hadrian's Wall in what is now northern England, and the later Antonine Wall in modern-day Scotland

39 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I like that idea - Hadrian's Wall was roughly where the current border is on the West Coast but on the East Coast it was closer to Newcastle!

260px-Hadrians_Wall_map.svg.png

The location of Hadrian's Wall in what is now northern England, and the later Antonine Wall in modern-day Scotland

Might have another fight on our hands.    Will Berwick be happy to join the nationalist band wagon. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Amazed to say it but BJ seems pretty much on the mark today - third time lucky.

But even a broken watch can be right twice a day.

ETA:

Of course he did say quite categorically that his government will follow the data, not the dates.

So tonight ladles and jellyspoons, Here are the dates.

Edited by stlucifer

12 hours ago, stlucifer said:

But even a broken watch can be right twice a day.

ETA:

Of course he did say quite categorically that his government will follow the data, not the dates.

So tonight ladles and jellyspoons, Here are the dates.

Imagine that, an exit plan with target dates. :1eye

jellyspoons, that's hilarious. :hammer

Other restrictions will be eased at five week intervals from 12 April, which chief medical officer Chris Whitty said would give time to assess whether infections were still under control.

Anyhow, quite a well laid out plan, although I see it's too slow, according to the early media reports this morning. 

As has been mentioned throughout this mess, a no win situation for ANY government.

Let's hope wee Nicky gives us some hope later today. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Let's hope wee Nicky gives us some hope later today. 

Going to be very similar to what Boris announced...........light at the end of the tunnel.

I got a date for my 2nd jab...........March 29th. 🙂💉

17 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Amazed to say it but BJ seems pretty much on the mark today - third time lucky.

Aye, The Buffoon has been a bit lucky with the potential for using the space that vaccinations offer, work wisely for us.

Sadly he doesn’t do “wise”.  :(

He only selfishly does what best suits The Buffoon.

Cautious reopening and investing in poor people would help make his “luck” work better.

Here is a Twitter thread offering a way to wisely use OUR luck...

Undertones of some sort of normality around the same time as England is what I took from the update. more cautious in the steps from now until the summer though. 

If football is allowed back unrestricted late June/ early July, first match we should arrange is a returning Renfrewshire cup, all proceeds to the NHS. It would probably come close to selling out. 

As Baz says a more cautious approach from NS today despite us being a bit ahead of England on the downward curve of the current wave (3rd?) - all in all I'm happier with the schedule being proposed up here but Johnson has done well to resist the more rabid wing of his party.

:offtopicAnother Comedy Gold routine from today from Ruth Davidson, I'm in two minds whether her move to the HoL and the inevitable "I coulda been a contender" pish she'll come out with will be a miss - I'm expecting The Assistant Referee to go the way of all NSs previous opponents if she can avoid being chibbed by Alex Salmond!:death

Say what you say about Boris but no other European Leader was prepared to "bet the house" on vaccines, ignoring the second dose recommendations and sanctioning a possible pick'n'mix regime, the wisdom of fools - eh Antrin?

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Undertones of some sort of normality around the same time as England is what I took from the update. more cautious in the steps from now until the summer though. 

If football is allowed back unrestricted late June/ early July, first match we should arrange is a returning Renfrewshire cup, all proceeds to the NHS. It would probably come close to selling out. 

Great idea!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Say what you say about Boris but no other European Leader was prepared to "bet the house" on vaccines, ignoring the second dose recommendations and sanctioning a possible pick'n'mix regime, the wisdom of fools - eh Antrin?

"Say what you say "? 

Eh?  :unsure:

No other European leader has over 120,000 deaths heading towards 150,000, by ignoring scientific and medical advice, not locking down soon enough, opening up too quickly and pretty much randomly, shutting down again, going for herd immunity, not providing PPE, shifting old people out of hospitals to infect Care Homes , wasting £Billions by gifting it to friends of his party and not investing it in NHS and not utilising the skilled people within local government.  Etc etc etc... ad infinitum.

THIS would indeed be recognised as the wisdom of a fool... some might say A f**kin Buffoon.

It's f**kin tragic.

We might be lucky and get away with it, but I did today suggest not far above this post, a more measured and sensible way back to "a normality".

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Well... so you're not just a constant idiot, after all!  :o

Good idea.

Whose was it?

:)