Coronavirus

faraway saint

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

FFS, I'm the key/essential/whatever worker. The only appointment I got was for the drive through PCR test that I'm just home from taking.

Think I'll get some beers when I'm out shopping later to calm my nerves whilst waiting on the result.

Eating cookies is not an essential job. :D

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While ALL the numbers are heading in the right direction some other fecking "expert" scientist was on STV earlier proclaiming doom and gloom about the Kent variant.

Keep these feckers OFF the TV and lock them away in some dark room please, we don't need this at his moment in time. 

Aye. Let's not allow the truth to cloud the sunshine of hope.

24 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

It’s been a white middle class lockdown pushed by the white middle class left

they’ve passed the burden of the disease onto the poor, the vulnerable and the working class 

Bollocks.

The carnage and callousness has been constructed and aided all down the line by right wing fascist Conservatives and friends of Conservative Ministers  

It has been a glorious money-spinner - for which thick thinkers try to blame other people - you are doing as your masters would wish you to do, Andy!  :P

Keep up your servile work!

44 minutes ago, antrin said:

Bollocks.

The carnage and callousness has been constructed and aided all down the line by right wing fascist Conservatives and friends of Conservative Ministers  

It has been a glorious money-spinner - for which thick thinkers try to blame other people - you are doing as your masters would wish you to do, Andy!  :P

Keep up your servile work!

So many unnecessary and collateral deaths

Your virtue, their deaths

World wide white middle class lockdown left lockdown thats killing the poor, the vulnerable, the working class and the third world.

The right wing elite have recruited you as one of their useful idiots @antrin

3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

They were “following orders” is no defence 

Covid-19: Police officers injured at Dublin anti-lockdown protest https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56222942

The criminals who supported and facilitated lockdown need to face justice for what they have done 

I think we're all relieved that you personally have manned the barricades and repelled...

"The criminals who supported and facilitated lockdown".  :lol:

7 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

So many unnecessary and collateral deaths

Your virtue, their deaths

World wide white middle class lockdown left lockdown thats killing the poor, the vulnerable, the working class and the third world.

The right wing elite have recruited you as one of their useful idiots @antrin

f**kin fascist fruitloop!    :lol:

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The media are loving these new variants, all over it, more scaremongering, no surprise, it's what they've done since the start. 

How’s it scaremongering exactly? The pandemic has been deadly & life changing, it deserves the media attention for that. The variant first found in England has now become dominant over the UK so is clearly far more transmissible, again worthy of attention. 

It’s perfectly reasonable the news should warn & highlight the risk of further concerning variables. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

How’s it scaremongering exactly? The pandemic has been deadly & life changing, it deserves the media attention for that. The variant first found in England has now become dominant over the UK so is clearly far more transmissible, again worthy of attention. 

It’s perfectly reasonable the news should warn & highlight the risk of further concerning variables. 

The government plan is working. :whistle

I've got him on ignore but, seeing as he was quoted and I saw it, I have to pick up on the "become dominant over the UK so is clearly far more transmissible" claim.  The fact that it has become the dominant strain in the UK does not necessarily mean that it is more transmissible.  It means that it has transmitted more but that is not the same thing.

Not pedantic, just accurate.

Just saying.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:34 PM, faraway saint said:

The media are loving these new variants, all over it, more scaremongering, no surprise, it's what they've done since the start. 

A doctor on BBC putting to bed the attempts by the media to scare the public on these new variants.

The fact is there are slight changes to covid type viruses, including the flu, but the vaccine will still be very effective and, if required, slight "tweaks" can be made to cope with this.

Well done.

Even Dolly Parton has it sussed.....................join in everybody. 

On 3/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, Slarti said:

I've got him on ignore but, seeing as he was quoted and I saw it, I have to pick up on the "become dominant over the UK so is clearly far more transmissible" claim.  The fact that it has become the dominant strain in the UK does not necessarily mean that it is more transmissible.  It means that it has transmitted more but that is not the same thing.

Not pedantic, just accurate.

Just saying.

And he feels the need to tell the forum often. Almost like he has a desire to keep engaging. :whistle

I would also say it was pedantic, I think the evidence shows it is more transmissible than earlier strains in this country based on it being transmitted more. Telling Slarti has to go on the defensive regarding this, well known it's a go to for him...