Coronavirus

faraway saint

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's ok, I'm at 43 already. :holiday

This got me thinking about good names for pubs that used to be churches (Oran mhor) for example is a crap one.

what about the pint and pulpit or the dirty cassock or the Christ is that the time I better get home inn 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

This got me thinking about good names for pubs that used to be churches (Oran mhor) for example is a crap one.

what about the pint and pulpit or the dirty cassock or the Christ is that the time I better get home inn 

The Bend Over?

The Slide it Inn? 

I'm not really doing very well here am I? :lol:

You can see I have a very slanted view on the churchie types. :wink:

Edited by faraway saint

Slightly off topic (pubs that used to be churches) but the most appropriate pub name just now is the nobody inn.

There was one in Elgin in the 1990s called High Spirits which was a good drinking place.

The Bend Over?
The Slide it Inn? 
I'm not really doing very well here am I? [emoji38]
You can see I have a very slanted view on the churchie types. :wink:
You forgot The Cum Covered Alter Boy Gets It Rammed Inn.

Too far??? :whistle

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
or a Mosque!

Quite right. No religious favouritism here - they can all piss off.

Has anyone even attempted to give the slightest justification why it's OK for 50 people to meet indoors for an hour when you can't meet more than a couple outside in the fresh air for 5 minutes?

Seriously. Have I missed something?

Informative. Thanks. Couldn't have rounded out my full understanding of this issue without your help there.

I didn't want to state the obvious that the 50 folk weren't going to be meeting each other per se, but would be spread out over a large enough area that wouldn't be putting them at more risk as like going on public transport.

I myself wouldn't be doing it, but can understand why folk would.

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

I didn't want to state the obvious that the 50 folk weren't going to be meeting each other per se, but would be spread out over a large enough area that wouldn't be putting them at more risk as like going on public transport.

I'm not sure there is anything obvious about this. They are going to be 2 m apart are they not?

What's the reason given for the higher priority given to this over getting non-essential businesses open?

Or bingo halls, cinemas, football grounds etc.

Or meeting groups of friends and family outdoors?

Or driving out of the local area to the coast or the park for a walk?

I ask because the strong suspicion is that this is being driven by Leitch who is a known hardcore religious guy.

I just don't understand this at all.

Edited by oaksoft

I'm not sure there is anything obvious about this. They are going to be 2 m apart are they not?
What's the reason given for the higher priority given to this over getting non-essential businesses open?
I ask because the strong suspicion is that this is being driven by Leitch who is a known hardcore religious guy.

I'll take your word for it that he's a known hardcore religious guy as I didn't know.

I just hope you got your information from a credible source and not from the same ones that try and discredit him by saying he's only a dentist.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That is a f**king disgraceful decision right there.

As if lots of people aren't meeting outdoors anyway.

The only, or main, thing about this lockdown is places/business's being closed.

As I've mentioned since the turn of the year there has been no noticeable drop in road traffic and while, as usual, I've been sticking to the rules re contact indoors (Not seen my son since early December and that was for a funeral) plenty of people have been disregarding that for a long time.

And we are to rejoice about "modest easing" of the current rules. :thumbsdown

Maybe it's meant to increase attendances at churches/chapels and mosques? 

5 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Aye, ok. :lol:

What's Percy got to do with it? 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Indeed, another nonsensical decision that only adds to the justification of the current rule breakers and will sway people who are undecided on following the rules.

Almost a pointless decision, best waiting a week or two and doing something worthwhile for the public and business's. 

Has anyone even attempted to give the slightest justification why it's OK for 50 people to meet indoors for an hour when you can't meet more than a couple outside in the fresh air for 5 minutes?
Seriously. Have I missed something?

They also added winning your first title to the list of mass gatherings being allowed apparently ( Police Scotland don’t disperse crowds under these circumstances )

As I've mentioned since the turn of the year there has been no noticeable drop in road traffic and while, as usual, I've been sticking to the rules re contact indoors (Not seen my son since early December and that was for a funeral) plenty of people have been disregarding that for a long time.

And synagogues. And temples.

6 hours ago, Slarti said:
8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And synagogues. And temples.

And sylvan glades.