Coronavirus

faraway saint

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In that case, simple is the wrong word and here's why.

What exactly are they waiting for? Zero covid cases anywhere in the world? That will never be the case in just the UK never mind the rest of the world. 

So the only logical conclusion to your argument here is that they're going to stop all tourism permanently.

No trade, no tourism, no imports to the area, no exports. You can't "fear" your way out of covid.

That sounds anything but simple to me but then again, I don't have to live there so I'm not affected by this madness.

I think (no, I know...) that you did mention NO TRADE more than once wrt covid's impact and national (such as NZ's)responses to it.  You were incorrect then and still are...

1 hour ago, antrin said:

I think (no, I know...) that you did mention NO TRADE more than once wrt covid's impact and national (such as NZ's)responses to it.  You were incorrect then and still are...

2 hours ago, antrin said:

From that also-feeble response, I take it that you believe there has been no trade around the world since the pandemic struck?

When you can find a post of mine where I've said anything about there being no trade around the world since the pandemic struck then I'll be happy to engage further.

And that further engagement will be completely dependent on you no longer quoting me out of context. Balls in your court bud.

Edited by oaksoft

On 4/9/2021 at 12:20 PM, Sue Denim said:

There would have been less deaths if there had been no lockdowns.

Lockdowns spared the middle class lefties and their useful idiots (you being a useful idiot) and killed the vulnerable.

I think that post shows you as a useless idiot

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

When you can find a post of mine where I've said anything about there being no trade around the world since the pandemic struck then I'll be happy to engage further.

And that further engagement will be completely dependent on you no longer quoting me out of context. Balls in your court bud.

I honestly l am not in need of 'engagement' with you.

You posted a while back that NZ (on the OTHER side of the world - does that count as 'round') would suffer when it started to TRADE again.

I pointed out it had never stopped trading.  And neither have the multitude of countries round the world.  Your denials about this are simply strange.

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

I honestly l am not in need of 'engagement' with you.

You posted a while back that NZ (on the OTHER side of the world - does that count as 'round') would suffer when it started to TRADE again.

I pointed out it had never stopped trading.  And neither have the multitude of countries round the world.  Your denials about this are simply strange.

Enjoy your night bud. I'm out of this nonsense.

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

FFS.

This is why most people simply don't engage with you.

What you’re basically saying here is ‘I’ve made a point, unless you change your view and agree with me, you have issues with your own engagement’ 

Just nonsense Oakster, you’ve made a points false, I’ve pointed out why it’s false, accept it. 👍

Czech Republic

went into lockdown a week before the U.K. last year

Now has the highest death rate in the world

@DougJamie says it would all have been ok if we’d gone into lockdown last year a week earlier :1eye

He’s not quite a useful idiot though. Just an idiot.

@Bud the Baker was one of the middle class left’s useful idiots though

he did their bidding at the expense of the working class and the vulnerable 

his virtue, their death 

On 4/9/2021 at 6:14 PM, oaksoft said:

Take out "Brexit" and substitute any other word and you have a phrase which people have been saying for more than 40 years and yet they are still in power. Blair only got in because he moved to the right enough to be palatable to the electorate.

It's very hard to imagine exactly what it will take to shift the Tories out of power.

I suspect it will need someone to provide an alternative and inspirational image of the future of the country rather than constant moaning but I'm no expert.

Like an independent or highly-federalised Scotland?

a few more years of broken promises?

On 4/11/2021 at 4:13 AM, Sue Denim said:

Czech Republic

@DougJamie says it would all have been ok if we’d gone into lockdown last year a week earlier :1eye

his virtue, their death 

Is your claim actually we would have been in a worse position if we went into lockdown earlier?

For a person that claims the pandemic has been "over" for almost a year, you don't half contradict yourself with some of your posts. 

In the run up to the last election many of Labour's policies were well regarded but they lost the "Battle of the Leaders" and their Brexit message was, erm, ambiguous, they're obviously hoping the lustre will have worn of BJ/the Tories by 2024 or whenever - don't see it being successful but they're locked into this strategy as long as KS is their leader.

Czech Republic

his virtue, their death 

The forum's most middle class poster still pedalling this nonsense - high spot of my morning reading this.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Like an independent or highly-federalised Scotland?

a few more years of broken promises?

Yes both of those would do it but neither is looking particularly likely any time soon.

That last sentence hasn't worked over the last 11 years so it's hard to imagine it ever working. It also doesn't matter. Because of the numbers, if England wants the Tories, that's what we'll get too. Been a good few decades now since Scotland asked for a Tory government at Westminster.

Czech Republic

his virtue, their death 

Yes probably because they listened to someone just like you :lol: ... They had a total lockdown and closed their borders in March 2020 and Covid was kept at bay, Then to gain favour with the public as a election was looming the government opened up everything with no restrictions in place overruling their own advisers, Then made the same mistake again at Christmas,  

Tell the full story Sue 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Lowest numbers of cases in Scotland for almost 7 months.

Good news. :happyclapper

PS I seen some pubs in England opened at midnight last night, FFS, how desperate are some people for a drink? :blink:

got to agree with the pub bit, everywhere I went on my travels today they were all beering it outside notably age groups which I would assume not had any jab yet. Recipe for disaster, for me another month might have been better for it once get more jabbed.

was taken aback this morning by a que outside a barber's in whitehaven at quarter to 7 this morning with inside busy. not needed them for 27 years although do have to take my boys which I'm like a fish out of water in that situ.

16 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

got to agree with the pub bit, everywhere I went on my travels today they were all beering it outside notably age groups which I would assume not had any jab yet. Recipe for disaster, for me another month might have been better for it once get more jabbed.

was taken aback this morning by a que outside a barber's in whitehaven at quarter to 7 this morning with inside busy. not needed them for 27 years although do have to take my boys which I'm like a fish out of water in that situ.

I had a couple of delightful pints in a forest pub late yesterday afternoon.

Had picked up my wummin (after a shopping trip intae toon) and suggested that perhaps we should patronise a struggling business.  As a moral duty, you understand...?

I was shocked that she agreed! But pleased.  :)

quite busy (this was 4-5.00pm) all outdoors  - it has a BBQ pit so was also doing chips with...various stuff.

McMullens.  Lovely beer. 

A pleasant, normal late afternoon...

( I didn’t go to a barber’s.  She’s off to one of them tomorrow.  It seems to be quite a big deal...)

8CEB8BAB-F9D9-4FE2-9CD6-711335087D70.jpeg

Edited by antrin
Evidence

Good to see some restriction lifting accelerated today, big one I feel is the six adults/ six households outside from Friday. 

NS also in part touched on the reasoning for Island restrictions remaining in higher tiers based on the tourism and travel concerns. Almost as if for the Oaksters benefit. :whistle

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Had picked up my wummin (after a shopping trip intae toon) and suggested that perhaps we should patronise a struggling business.  As a moral duty, you understand...?

I was shocked that she agreed! But pleased.  :)

quite busy (this was 4-5.00pm) all outdoors  - it has a BBQ pit so was also doing chips with...various stuff.

McMullens.  Lovely beer. 

( I didn’t go to a barber’s.  She’s off to one of them tomorrow.  It seems to be quite a big deal...)

8CEB8BAB-F9D9-4FE2-9CD6-711335087D70.jpeg

Maybe a touch jealousy yesterday..............even more today as back on early shift tomorrow 🙄👍

I was shocked that she agreed! But pleased.  [emoji4]

McMullens.  Lovely beer. 

8CEB8BAB-F9D9-4FE2-9CD6-711335087D70.thumb.jpeg.9a2403cd1a220ce57d6be1590f1e3f85.jpeg

You really sold me with your day. Forest pub, nice beer and a barbecue- sounds phenomenal!!

As one of the last "hold-outs" without a mobile phone I read this with dismay until I realized I very rarely visit pubs these days, or even back in them halcyon just before  Lockdown daze...😵

Older drinkers risk discrimination says charity, after pub refuses to serve man without smartphone (msn.com)  :spud5:spud5:spud5

Edited by Bud the Baker