Coronavirus

faraway saint

46 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

n 2020 493 people became billionaires and 150 million people fell into extreme poverty. Billionaires gained $3.9 trillion while workers lost $3.7 trillion.

@Bud the Baker you supported the rich eating the poor 

No I didn't, I identified this as an issue that had to be addressed a year ago - before you had even adopted your current username Cap'n :rolleyes:.

A year on and there is the hope that Biden's proposal that all G20 countries adopt a minimum rate of Corporation Tax might be the first step in reducing the inequality we see.

I still say "Eat the Rich" because I know the real cause of poverty at home and in the world at large is down to them and not fur'ners as Boris and his ever richer chums tell us - a distraction happily repeated by lickspittle reactionaries like yourself.

I look forward to your next hypocritical post on the topic - not.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Me and Greta say just stay at home...

Gibraltar and Israel are among the most likely destinations to be placed on a green list of countries which it will be easiest to travel to, a former strategy chief at British Airways owner IAG says.

Robert Boyle says told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that, judging by the UK government's criteria, it might be a "very short list".

As well as Israel and Gibraltar, which have vaccinated most people, countries such as Australia and New Zealand may be placed on the UK's green list but are not likely to allow entry at the other end.

Places like Iceland, Ireland and Malta have a good chance of being on the green list and maybe the US, he says.

France has high levels of infection, while rates in places such as Spain and Greece are not so bad but still above the UK rate, so Boyle says he would not put them on a green list.

But for those wanting to get away this summer he adds that airlines will "move heaven and earth" to put flights on to places travellers are allowed to go to.

Maybe the USA, all the virus you can eat...

Edited by Bud the Baker

So, while the UK has seen a steady drop in numbers the BBC have switched their attention to India.

Their, the BBC, obsession with "big numbers" has catapulted India into their headline news.

The reality is that India is WAY down at 120 in the world for death per million.

The media, as a whole, have been at this since day one, a complete lack of balance and preferring the "scaremongering" approach.

19 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:

Still making an arse of it... Screenshot_20210421_140130_com.twitter.android.jpg

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS, do you do ANY research before posting shite?

It took 10 seconds of Googling to find that image was from mid-2020.

You're right about the halfwit comment. Just wrong about who to aim it at.

Took me less than 10 seconds.

🤡

FFS, do you do ANY research before posting shite?
It took 10 seconds of Googling to find that image was from mid-2020.
You're right about the halfwit comment. Just wrong about who to aim it at.
Also still making an arse of it?

[emoji846]

The health derive in India is the preserve of the middle class

its not accessible to the hundreds of millions of ordinarily folk in India 

Lockdown in India will kill millions of poor people

This is @Bud the Baker’s world.

The rich get richer

The middle class are better off

Hundreds of millions driven into even more poverty and death

Eat the poor . That’s what @Bud the Baker supports 

11 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The health derive in India is the preserve of the middle class

its not accessible to the hundreds of millions of ordinarily folk in India 

Lockdown in India will kill millions of poor people

This is @Bud the Baker’s world.

The rich get richer

The middle class are better off

Hundreds of millions driven into even more poverty and death

Eat the poor . That’s what @Bud the Baker supports 

More fake pity Cap'n & no doubt ill informed - keep it up...

...and all this over a disease that doesn't exist! :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker

35 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:
More fake pity Cap'n & no doubt ill informed - keep it up...
...and all this over a disease that doesn't exist! :1eye

Yeah thousands dying to this virus in India each day and it's spring. He'll not be able to compute how that's happening.

Probably the best way to tackle the disease in India & the Third World in general would to put a waiver on Covid vaccines....

What's happening in India is the direct consequence of endemic corruption, an outdated class system and a willingness to spunk countless billions on nuclear weapons and space exploration instead of on a functioning health service and ending real poverty beforehand.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What's happening in India is the direct consequence of endemic corruption, an outdated class system and a willingness to spunk countless billions on nuclear weapons and space exploration instead of on a functioning health service and ending real poverty beforehand.

Africa, if anything, is more corrupt and has not seen the numbers, even pro rat, that India are having.

I'm not saying the instances you have mentioned are not contributory factors but to SIMPLY put it into these terms just doesn't add up.

For example, recently the government allowed MASS gatherings which would have contributed to the recent increase which, again, are still way down in the world numbers, although could be rising soon. 

India are currently 119th on the world for deaths per million. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-cummings-flat-bodies-b1837468.html

Thoughts on this? No smoke without fire does come to mind but surely he hasn't been stupid enough to make such a comment... Mental if true. 

Ach. I can't believe anyone still gets offended at the utter shite coming out of Boris's mouth.

None of this should be getting leaked.

Edited by oaksoft