Coronavirus

faraway saint

I have no idea what you mean by bringing up Peter Weir...

I genuinely wish more people like you could take a step back, get a little perspective and appreciate that a bit more. 

The gift that keeps on giving! Thanks, oxter, you've made my day with that...

[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well now ain't that a whopper and from the self declared "Smartest Guy on the Forum" too!

You're the guy who labelled the Green Party's (the most left wing party in Scotland with MSPs) tax plans "ridiculous" hardly showing respect, "excessive" would have made the same point but been respectful at the same time - but a lack of self-awareness has always been one of your noticeable personality traits.

You show little respect to anyone and deserve none in return, you bullied IOBS off the forum - however I admit to being indebted for the the phrase "morally repugnant" as it's a perfect fit for you.

Oh Bud. As I've said before, if you knew anything about me at all you'd know how ridiculous that bit in bold is. :lol:

As for IOBS, have a look at his last posts. They are still up there. You'll quickly see why he no longer posts here.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

1. Oh Bud. As I've said before, if you knew anything about me at all you'd know how ridiculous that bit in bold is. :lol:

2. As for IOBS, have a look at his last posts. They are still up there. You'll quickly see why he no longer posts here.

1. All I know is your online persona which is unpleasant,

2. See above.

14 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

All cause weekly mortality in Scotland since 1974 updated.

Note the extreme seasonality. Deaths peak and fall away rapidly every single winter without lockdowns. 

And we’ve had far worse winters than this one

F40A3787-373C-424E-AAB6-F75B44EEE6B7.jpeg

I've got that graph in my history of natural disasters book... that's the richtor scale graph of the San Francisco earthquake ya chancer 🤔

Oops, I thought this was the Telly thread, still it's an improvement on 90% of the shit posted previously - that's the N/S 4ya! :1eye

A documentary on the Hittite Empire narrated by Jeremy Irons who has inherited the world's most dulcet baritone voice from Richard Burton. Irons won an Oscar for his role in Reversal of Fortune and is famous for many roles in fillums such as The Lion Kind, and Die Hard with a Vengeance amongst others but I still remember him from Playschool, he's the one in the fetching Bow Tie...

See the source image

Edited by Bud the Baker

Unusual for me to type, but...

Back on topic:

Here is a well-written, clearly laid out 10  scientific reasons in support of airborne transmission of SARS cov2 

Ten scientific reasons in support of airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 - The Lancet

Well worth investing a couple of minutes of your time to learn where your next virus might be coming from.  :)

In another upbeat move, I've just booked front row seats IN A CINEMA to watch Sound of Metal, followed by a meal sitting at a table in a restaurant.

Simple but satisfying, I hope.  :)

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

A documentary on the Hittite Empire narrated by Jeremy Irons who has inherited the world's most dulcet baritone voice from Richard Burton. Irons won an Oscar for his role in Reversal of Fortune and is famous for many roles in fillums such as The Lion Kind, and Die Hard with a Vengeance amongst others but I still remember him from Playschool, he's the one in the fetching Bow Tie...

See the source image

Must say...

I loathed The Lion Kind.

Far too soppy.  Whoever heard of a vegetarian Lion?

I see "flavour of the month" Australia in trouble again with panic restrictions imposed over a couple of cases. This follows hot on the heels of them making it illegal for many of their own citizens to return home from abroad.

New Zealand seem to be incapable of escaping the endless cycles of panic restrictions and clampdowns.

Without vaccinations, they'll never be free of this.

Meanwhile, we're still on track for all restrictions being removed on 21st June (well in the UK anyway and no doubt we'll be forced to follow them 2 weeks later).

Maybe we shouldn't be white-knighting other countries.

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Deaths
UK ........127,759
Australia .....910
New Zealand 26

I think I could live with these restrictions for a few days to have the number of folk dying so low.
Screenshot_20210506-210642_Chrome.jpegScreenshot_20210506-210623_Chrome.jpeg

And the very second they open up their borders, the virus will rip right through them.

We saw so many deaths because of the dreadful state of our population's health.

The US are coping with the same problem.

The overwhelming majority of those deaths were linked to obesity and those with underlying health conditions.

You can't lock your door from this stuff and hope it goes away unless you fancy permanently shutting our borders.

NZ and Australia have built up no natural immunity to covid and you can't short-cut or "vaccine" your way out of that I'm afraid.

Or maybe you think NZ and the Aussies are going to magic all this away?

Edited by oaksoft

Heard that, tomorrow, they might be announcing live entertainment and a relaxation of the 10pm curfew. (I'm assuming it's to come into effect from next Monday but that wasn't mentioned)
Oh, aye, forgot, I was told to keep it to myself so ... shhhhh, dinae tell anybody.

2 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

I see the Scot Gov have revealed themselves to be anti vaxxer conspiracy theorists today by keeping Glasgow in level 3.

They clearly don’t believe that vaccines will reduce serious illness, hospitalisations and deaths in the vulnerable.

Oh dear. 

The refusal of the MHRA to consider vaccine injury makes a mockery of any pretensions they claim to have that their only concern is public safety . The figures are there they are  no longer hidden.

ETA : do you know who coined the term 'conspiracy theory' ? Oh aye , and where are are all those people that said mass vaccination of entire populaces , vaccines passports and mass 'chipping' were all conspiracy theories ? Is someone making and obscene fortune out of  peoples fears ?

Edited by saintnextlifetime

2nd jab coming next week.

Can't wait.

Get that AZ or Pfizery goodness inside me now.

Hope the microchip they inject into me reboots faster than the one they gave me with the first jab. The internet signal was a nightmare. No facebook, no twitter.... Get it sorted Bill.

We all owe a huge debt of gratitude to the brilliant scientists across the world who created these vaccines so quickly and essentially ended serious illness and deaths amongst those who have had their jabs. That has been the greatest achievement since the discovery of penicillin.

Edited by oaksoft