Coronavirus

faraway saint

2 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Don't see where I was not totally calm and rational in my  post perhaps you are projecting there.

Point 1 

Actually I am not confused, definition of moral obligation from the dictionary "A duty which one owes, and which he ought to perform, but which he is not legally bound to fulfill." at no point did I mention coercion hence why I believe it is a moral obligation.

Point 2 

Where did I say you did not? please point it out, I did mention you thinking moral obligation as an argument being childish perhaps saying more about you but you clearly said you advised everyone to get the jab so why would you think I thought otherwise? I was also agreeing with you about social media as again I could clearly read that you were also calling out the bullshit on there and did not say anything abut you believing it.

Point 3

Back to this imaginary losing my rag thing 🙄

Unfortunately I have no answer for the idiots not getting jabs and agree we as a country cannot force people to get them However once everyone has had the option to get one then would be the time to create a covid passport, if you separate the  f**kwits from the pub and benidorm there would be a stampede to the vax centres, hard to police for the pubs mind you.

Only thing I disagreed with you on was the moral obligation not existing everything else as you say we are agreement on and I did not try and disagree with.

SS

Careful, if you don’t argue in only the ways @faraway saint & @oaksoft think are appropriate for BAWA, you’ll be labelled as the ‘problem’ 

There are rules in place for those wanting to post hundreds of times a month apparently. 

More stories of confusion on countries that you can/should/mibbie shouldny visit. 
As much as I'm gagging for a holiday abroad, even Portugal isn't doing it for me with the stuff you have to do before, during and on return.
Patience, I'm still hopeful October might be an option. 

You do know that Patience isn't a real place. [emoji14]

https://residentalien.fandom.com/wiki/Patience

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

More stories of confusion on countries that you can/should/mibbie shouldny visit. 

As much as I'm gagging for a holiday abroad, even Portugal isn't doing it for me with the stuff you have to do before, during and on return.

Patience, I'm still hopeful October might be an option. 

I'm with you on this, anyone off abroad at moment, 1) going because they can, they don't have to. For me at the moment its a huge no. And 2) must be loaded to be paying for tests and isolating when coming back and not earning.

On seeing GMTV this morning its shocking we are still allowing flights in from 'red' countries. Never get out of this whilst still making stupid decisions.

Only watch it for Susana Reid😉👍👍

15 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Don't see where I was not totally calm and rational in my  post perhaps you are projecting there.

Point 1 

Actually I am not confused, definition of moral obligation from the dictionary "A duty which one owes, and which he ought to perform, but which he is not legally bound to fulfill." at no point did I mention coercion hence why I believe it is a moral obligation.

Point 2 

Where did I say you did not? please point it out, I did mention you thinking moral obligation as an argument being childish perhaps saying more about you but you clearly said you advised everyone to get the jab so why would you think I thought otherwise? I was also agreeing with you about social media as again I could clearly read that you were also calling out the bullshit on there and did not say anything abut you believing it.

Point 3

Back to this imaginary losing my rag thing 🙄

Unfortunately I have no answer for the idiots not getting jabs and agree we as a country cannot force people to get them However once everyone has had the option to get one then would be the time to create a covid passport, if you separate the  f**kwits from the pub and benidorm there would be a stampede to the vax centres, hard to police for the pubs mind you.

Only thing I disagreed with you on was the moral obligation not existing everything else as you say we are agreement on and I did not try and disagree with.

SS

Fair enough.

Thanks for clarifying.

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Covid Vaccination Passports now available free from NHS Scotland if required. emoji106.png

Screenshot_20210519-152222_Chrome.jpegScreenshot_20210519-152238_Chrome~2.jpeg

Providing you've not been a numpty and thrown out your old invitation letter containing your unique username.

Kept the 2nd jag letter this time round.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Providing you've not been a numpty and thrown out your old invitation letter containing your unique username.

Got my unique username but don't recall a password that is being ask for. 

Edited by Tommy

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oops. :lol:

Update, the genius that is Mrs Faraway has kept my letter.

Registered. :thumbs2

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

Pretty sure there wasn't so you just put in a password and that should work bud.

Cheers to you and faraway for the info.

I am not looking to get away anywhere till Sep, when i am hoping to get to America for medical reason for my wife so i am not in a rush for it.

Since the Yanks are well ahead of the vaccine just like the UK i am hoping their won't be a problem getting entry. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Got my unique username but don't recall a password that is being ask for. 

When you register online using that username it'll ask you to create a password.

ETA Oh FFS, I'm late to the party as usual. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

Three people have died in Scotland due to coronavirus vaccine adverse-effects, latest official data shows.

National Records of Scotland (NRS) published a new report, saying: “There have been three deaths in Scotland where the underlying cause of death was adverse effects of Covid-19 vaccines.”

NRS said the deaths were in the context of 2.81 million people having been given at least one dose of a vaccine by April 30, according to figures from Public Health Scotland.

Three people have died in Scotland due to coronavirus vaccine adverse-effects, latest official data shows.

National Records of Scotland (NRS) published a new report, saying: “There have been three deaths in Scotland where the underlying cause of death was adverse effects of Covid-19 vaccines.”

NRS said the deaths were in the context of 2.81 million people having been given at least one dose of a vaccine by April 30, according to figures from Public Health Scotland.

I wonder why a certain someone hasn't been on bemoaning the human cost of the vaccine? After all, one death is one too many, lives before everything else, etc etc. [emoji848]

I found this interesting, the latest figures from the ONS report that less people have died (of any cause) in England and Wales from March until now than any other year in the last five. Deaths from pneumonia and influenza are roughly 7-8 times higher than Covid deaths. I think the media are milking the Covid story for everything it’s got. Good news doesn’t sell paper’s.

2142A900-D692-4EEA-9831-E8C840F31DB5.jpeg

12 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I found this interesting, the latest figures from the ONS report that less people have died (of any cause) in England and Wales from March until now than any other year in the last five. Deaths from pneumonia and influenza are roughly 7-8 times higher than Covid deaths. I think the media are milking the Covid story for everything it’s got. Good news doesn’t sell paper’s.

2142A900-D692-4EEA-9831-E8C840F31DB5.jpeg

I guess that you are implying that COVID isn't the big killer that we have been told?  Apologies if  I'm wrong there.

It would be great if it were that simple, but i think it is probably not

10 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I guess that you are implying that COVID isn't the big killer that we have been told?  Apologies if  I'm wrong there.

It would be great if it were that simple, but i think it is probably not

I am not implying it, it’s the governments own figures . Covid  isn’t the biggest killer (anymore) as pneumonia and influenza are killing 7 times more people. I was highlighting the good news that is within this recent update that the media don’t seem to be focusing on I.e between March- May the mortality rate in England and Wales was at its lowest point in the last five years. Like I said, good news doesn’t sell newspapers. 

6 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I am not implying it, it’s the governments own figures . Covid  isn’t the biggest killer (anymore) as pneumonia and influenza are killing 7 times more people. I was highlighting the good news that is within this recent update that the media don’t seem to be focusing on I.e between March- May the mortality rate in England and Wales was at its lowest point in the last five years. Like I said, good news doesn’t sell newspapers. 

And this is the key point.

Some people are never prepared to see we are close, not there yet, to getting back to normal.

The media have been focusing on India (numbers big, population massive) new variants (having little effect, if any) and the rise in certain areas in Scotland (just over 100 per 100,000 people)

Aye, fingers crossed in a very short time all this shite, social distancing, masks etc, will be in the past, although some people will choose to continue living in fear.