Coronavirus

faraway saint

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh thank the LORD you are here to mansplain this to me.

Phew. For a minute I was kerfuffled.

You'll need to show me, however, where I said the vaccines would cure someone who currently has covid. You appear to have entirely fabricated that.

BTW. Talking of last year? Can you think of one big difference this year? Anything at all? Begins with a v.

Rather than being a dick, why don't you enlighten us all on how YOU think the endgame for all of this should work out.

If vaccines aren't the answer then what's the f**king point? Where are we going?

Zero deaths? We already have that.

Zero hospitalisations? Pretty close to that.

Zero cases? Well, we're pretty close to that too.

At what point do people like you stop pissing your frillies?

Why say “ok, I’m a dick” in four simple words when you have 5 column inches kicking around spare?

For anyone who wants a bit of information - except oxter as he is already aware of everything on earth.

How to get a jag in Scotand if you're over 30, haven't got an appointment, and are unsure how to get one...

(1) Andrew Davey on Twitter: "If you're over 30 in Scotland and haven't received a vaccination appointment letter, it's worth checking here. Within 5 minutes I had a txt with my appointment details for next week! https://t.co/fq2KtGmYZT" / Twitter

18 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Why say “ok, I’m a dick” in four simple words when you have 5 column inches kicking around spare?

Honestly, it's no surprise to me that you can't answer any of my questions.

You knicker wetters have been struggling with these perfectly reasonable questions for months now.

3 hours ago, antrin said:

For anyone who wants a bit of information - except oxter as he is already aware of everything on earth.

Continuing with the ad hominem attacks I see antrin. :lol:

I thought you moral high-grounders were above all that?

BTW, I've had both jags.

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

As I said, "It's not all about YOU".

FFS, do you have anything constructive to say about those perfectly reasonable questions I asked of you and BOK or not?

If not, then do us all a favour and GTF, you irritating old crusty.

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

Seriously... why would anyBuddie bother responding to any query by you when you constantly bitch about 'mansplaining'?

You know it all.

You're not to be taken seriously.

Well. What a surprise. :thumbsdown

Why don't the pair of you come back to the topic when you have an opinion you've given more than 20- seconds of thought towards. Preferably an opinion which doesn't collapse like a flan under the pressure of a couple of simply questions.

You didn't ask me any 'simply questions', IIRC.  Just warbled about your belief system being different.

I was very on-topic with all my posts except when I've had to respond to you.

I'll stop doing that - you just carry on copying your hero, fartaway, with your ageist  irrelevancies.

Edited by antrin

Did you know that in Scotland, you can now download a letter to confirm your vaccination status.

To get your letter of confirmation:

Go to: www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine

Scroll down to the section “After your vaccine”

Click on “Get a record of your Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status”

Select “recover username”

You will need to enter your personal details along with the date of your first vaccine.

You will get a username and once you have chosen a password and registered, you can access your Proof of Vaccination letter.

This is legit. I tried it yesterday. [emoji41]

Caught a very interesting discussion between Professor Linda Bauld  and Dr. Chris Smith (A virologist at Cambridge university) this morning.

Apparently due to the public health measures like hand washing, face masks and social distancing, Influenza has all but disappeared during the pandemic. 

Flu Has Disappeared Worldwide during the COVID Pandemic - Scientific American

As influenza hasn't been as prominent as usual, it has meant that there has been little or no opportunity to work on predicting and formulating flu vaccines for the inevitable return of influenza when things "open up" worldwide. There's also a worry about lack of opportunity to build up immunity to the influenza strains, particularly in toddlers.  Predictions seem to be that we're going to get hammered with a bad flu season. 

However, they were saying that it should be possible to deliver influenza jags along with Covid boosters, if required.

Another intriguing twist to the great virus v human competition. :)

1 hour ago, antrin said:

You didn't ask me any 'simply questions', IIRC.  Just warbled about your belief system being different.

I was very on-topic with all my posts except when I've had to respond to you.

I'll stop doing that - you just carry on copying your hero, fartaway, with your ageist  irrelevancies.

Oh dear, what an old dumpling. :lol:

Oaky has had me on ignore for quite some time, not exactly showing me my hero position.

Shows how good you are at reading the forum, silly auld tadger. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Caught a very interesting discussion between Professor Linda Bauld  and Dr. Chris Smith (A virologist at Cambridge university) this morning.

Apparently due to the public health measures like hand washing, face masks and social distancing, Influenza has all but disappeared during the pandemic. 

Flu Has Disappeared Worldwide during the COVID Pandemic - Scientific American

As influenza hasn't been as prominent as usual, it has meant that there has been little or no opportunity to work on predicting and formulating flu vaccines for the inevitable return of influenza when things "open up" worldwide. There's also a worry about lack of opportunity to build up immunity to the influenza strains, particularly in toddlers.  Predictions seem to be that we're going to get hammered with a bad flu season. 

However, they were saying that it should be possible to deliver influenza jags along with Covid boosters, if required.

Another intriguing twist to the great virus v human competition. :)

Aye, seen that, these two have been very good in their Saturday morning appearances.

Straight forward, no scaremongering, very refreshing. 

Did you know that in Scotland, you can now download a letter to confirm your vaccination status.

To get your letter of confirmation:

Go to: www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine

Scroll down to the section “After your vaccine”

Click on “Get a record of your Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status”

Select “recover username”

You will need to enter your personal details along with the date of your first vaccine.

You will get a username and once you have chosen a password and registered, you can access your Proof of Vaccination letter.

This is legit. I tried it yesterday. [emoji41]

Yes. [emoji6]
How to get a jag in Scotand if you're over 30, haven't got an appointment, and are unsure how to get one...
(1) Andrew Davey on Twitter: "If you're over 30 in Scotland and haven't received a vaccination appointment letter, it's worth checking here. Within 5 minutes I had a txt with my appointment details for next week! https://t.co/fq2KtGmYZT" / Twitter

21 hours ago, antrin said:

This is the way I did it, so have a bunch of others in their 30s. It was also rapid. 

Really great service.