Coronavirus

faraway saint

4 hours ago, Slarti said:

Nope. You were arguing against a statement/point I made, so it couldn't be me building strawmen.

Nope, no link, can't remember what thread it was.

I can't remember it either and I'm not going to comment on your point out of context.

To the relief of everyone I imagine. 😄

Just back from the local Infirmary, shoulder injury occurred at work yesterday. :(

The conversation got around to my recent experience with the physiotherapy department, and also the local doctors, who are rigidly sticking to telephone appointments on initial contact.

She said there is no need at this stage and they are continuing with this unnecessarily as they, the local injuries department, have been continuing, with appropriate PPE, continuing as normal for some time.

Milking it, which doesn't surprise me.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol: (There's isn't enough laughing emojis to cover this)

Rick Wiles, a right-wing Christian talk show host and anti-vaxxer has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying vaccines would wipe out “stupid people”.

More from this clown................wonder if he uses this forum? 

Gustaf Kilander
Tue, 1 June 2021, 9:23 pm

<p>Right-wing broadcaster Rick Wiles has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying that vaccines would wipe out ‘stupid people’</p> (TruNews)

Right-wing broadcaster Rick Wiles has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying that vaccines would wipe out ‘stupid people’

(TruNews) More

Rick Wiles, a right-wing Christian talk show host and anti-vaxxer has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying vaccines would wipe out “stupid people”.

Less than a month ago, Mr Wiles said he would never get vaccinated. His website, TruNews, announced over the weekend that had been infected and taken to hospital where he had been given oxygen. The announcement was reported by Right Wing Watch.

TruNews has pushed conspiracy theorists considered to be racist, antisemitic, homophobic, and Islamophobic. The outlet has called President Obama a “demon from hell” multiple times. Mr Wiles has said that Mr Obama “spiritually sodomised the nation”.

The right-wing broadcaster told his audience last month that he wasn’t getting vaccinated because he believed the vaccines were being used to commit a “genocide,” to kill hundreds of millions of people

“I am not going to be vaccinated,” Mr Wiles said. “I’m going to be one of the survivors. I’m going to survive the genocide ... The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off. If the vaccine wipes out a lot of stupid people, well, we’ll have a better world.”

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

More from this clown................wonder if he uses this forum? 

Gustaf Kilander
Tue, 1 June 2021, 9:23 pm

<p>Right-wing broadcaster Rick Wiles has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying that vaccines would wipe out ‘stupid people’</p> (TruNews)

Right-wing broadcaster Rick Wiles has been hospitalised with Covid-19 after saying that vaccines would wipe out ‘stupid people’

(TruNews) More

Less than a month ago, Mr Wiles said he would never get vaccinated. His website, TruNews, announced over the weekend that had been infected and taken to hospital where he had been given oxygen. The announcement was reported by Right Wing Watch.

TruNews has pushed conspiracy theorists considered to be racist, antisemitic, homophobic, and Islamophobic. The outlet has called President Obama a “demon from hell” multiple times. Mr Wiles has said that Mr Obama “spiritually sodomised the nation”.

The right-wing broadcaster told his audience last month that he wasn’t getting vaccinated because he believed the vaccines were being used to commit a “genocide,” to kill hundreds of millions of people

“I am not going to be vaccinated,” Mr Wiles said. “I’m going to be one of the survivors. I’m going to survive the genocide ... The only good thing that will come out of this is a lot of stupid people will be killed off. If the vaccine wipes out a lot of stupid people, well, we’ll have a better world.”

This man worships a make believe fairy story character . He is full of shite like the rest of his type.  🙄

Had a fairly interesting discussion with an elderly neighbour yesterday.

He's convinced we'll see a 3rd wave and a return to restrictions later in the summer/early Autumn.

I'm far from convinced this will materialise.

While cases have continued to rise with the recent relaxation there's been next to no rise in ICU admissions and deaths have dropped to next to nothing.

Hospital admissions have also hardly risen with the majority of these, in Scotland, being in the 25-44 age group.

This reflects the age group slightly behind in the vaccinations, which can only reduce as this improves. 

Anyhow, 2nd jag for me tonight and that's me well on the road to invincibility. :wink:

The prospect of a holiday abroad are looking slightly better for us in October. :thumbs2

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Had a fairly interesting discussion with an elderly neighbour yesterday.

He's convinced we'll see a 3rd wave and a return to restrictions later in the summer/early Autumn.

I'm far from convinced this will materialise.

While cases have continued to rise with the recent relaxation there's been next to no rise in ICU admissions and deaths have dropped to next to nothing.

Hospital admissions have also hardly risen with the majority of these, in Scotland, being in the 25-44 age group.

This reflects the age group slightly behind in the vaccinations, which can only reduce as this improves. 

Anyhow, 2nd jag for me tonight and that's me well on the road to invincibility. :wink:

The prospect of a holiday abroad are looking slightly better for us in October. :thumbs2

Well the third wave idea is certainly gaining support but as JL says, how big will it be?  
As for restrictions ?  I f**king hope not 😡 .  
Other scientific advisors are also saying we will see a third wave but many saying we can’t continue to lock ourselves away every time we see a surge .    
I’m going to Lanzarote in September -  f**k off Covid 🤬

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57323037

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Well the third wave idea is certainly gaining support but as JL says, how big will it be?  
As for restrictions ?  I f**king hope not 😡 .  
Other scientific advisors are also saying we will see a third wave but many saying we can’t continue to lock ourselves away every time we see a surge .    
I’m going to Lanzarote in September -  f**k off Covid 🤬

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57323037

As I said, any "surges" will, hopefully, only be in cases, not resulting on serious illness or deaths.

If so there's no need, IMO, for any further restrictions.

We live with it, like the flu and other viruses. 

Portugal now off the green list, leaving us with next to no real choices for a holiday abroad.

I've said previously, the current "faf" that surrounds going away, tests, masks, more tests, make going away out of the question for us.

Even though I got my 2nd jag last night we're having two holidays at home, late July/early August.

I've got a weeks holiday in October, hoping that holidays abroad will be "normal" by that time.

If not, I might be able to delay that week and take it late November where Tenerife would be my destination.

FOFF Covid, we've had enough. 

I should add, my 2nd jag last night was absolutely perfect, felt next to nothing, the first one was a bit more painful.

No side effects as yet, last time I was just tired but, so far, nothing, although I could have slept through any minor issues. 

Just checked on the NHS Scotland site, yip, both jags recorded so, if I need evidence it's right there. :thumbs2

I should add, my 2nd jag last night was absolutely perfect, felt next to nothing, the first one was a bit more painful.
No side effects as yet, last time I was just tired but, so far, nothing, although I could have slept through any minor issues. 
Just checked on the NHS Scotland site, yip, both jags recorded so, if I need evidence it's right there. :thumbs2

Stupid site isn't allowing me to reschedule. Might be cause I've already changed it 3 times to get earlier times/dates. [emoji1787]

Funnily enough my second jag I barely noticed whilst I struggled for a day after my first.

Wasn't looking for a foreign holiday since i am hoping to get into America in late Sep so the red/green option doesn't bother me at the moment.

So decided since the weather is decent, i will do 4 nights up north next week.

Thought about Skye until i looked at the prices of hotels  :shockaroony

So back to Inverness for the 1st time in 11 years, and with few foreign tourist about, the roads around the area should be quieter than normal. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wasn't looking for a foreign holiday since i am hoping to get into America in late Sep so the red/green option doesn't bother me at the moment.

So decided since the weather is decent, i will do 4 nights up north next week.

Thought about Skye until i looked at the prices of hotels  :shockaroony

So back to Inverness for the 1st time in 11 years, and with few foreign tourist about, the roads around the area should be quieter than normal. 

Apart from all the motor homes and caravans 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:22 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

This man worships a make believe fairy story character . He is full of shite like the rest of his type.  🙄

That is a bit of a broad brush statement

a lot of christians, and other faith followers, are doing their bit to deliver care and administer vaccines as they follow their beliefs.

23 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

That is a bit of a broad brush statement

a lot of christians, and other faith followers, are doing their bit to deliver care and administer vaccines as they follow their beliefs.

There's perhaps an argument on why a faith is required for them to do such good deeds or why the fact they believe in a god is relevant to said deeds.