Coronavirus

faraway saint

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What kind of brainless twat would even think of approaching a stranger and ordering them about? 🤣

I bet it wasn't a big bloke he approached.

Cemetries are full of "have a go Harrys" who found themselves on the wrong end of a knife over arguments more trivial than mask wearing.

f**king hell. Never get involved. It just isn't worth it.

That just sums you up,😆

The type that would ignore a person in need, no backbone and a snivelling coward..........I think that's close to you 

By the way, he was considerably younger and taller than me, that's not the issue 

I wasn't angling for a flight, just doing what was right. 

Slither off. 😆

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just to clarify, it is my business when someone could be spreading a virus that could harm me or my wife. 

Don't you wear a mask to protect yourself? 

They could have a medical reason for not wearing one. They don't have to explain that to some stranger who starts barking accusations at them on a train / calling them a f**kwit 

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Don't you wear a mask to protect yourself? 

They could have a medical reason for not wearing one. They don't have to explain that to some stranger who starts barking accusations at them on a train / calling them a f**kwit 

I wear a mask to protect myself and others.

This particular gentleman had his on, removed it, put it back on when the ticket inspector came round then removed it.

Might be best you back off when you weren't there and don't know what you're talking about. 

Fcukit he certainly was, the exact age group that are still spreading to he virus. 

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I wear a mask to protect myself and others.

This particular gentleman had his on, removed it, put it back on when the ticket inspector came round then removed it.

Might be best you back off when you weren't there and don't know what you're talking about. 

Fcukit he certainly was, the exact age group that are still spreading to he virus. 

As much as I admire your stance as a Covid-19 stopping vigilante, it's really not for you (or other wannabe vigilantes) to start enforcing the law of the land. That's why we have a police force.

The train staff can politely request that the guy puts on his mask, or ask him to leave the train at the next stop - but you have absolutely zero authority in that situation.

If anything, starting an altercation is only increasing the chances that spit particles jump out of his mouth when he starts shouting at you - or even worse, other people getting injured when the pair of you start throwing punches.

In future, I'd take your own advice, and back off.

Edited by Doakes

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

As much as I admire your stance as a Covid-19 stopping vigilante, it's really not for you (or other wannabe vigilantes) to start enforcing the law of the land. That's why we have a police force.

The train staff can politely request that the guy puts on his mask, or ask him to leave the train at the next stop - but you have absolutely zero authority in that situation.

If anything, starting an altercation is only increasing the chances that spit particles jump out of his mouth when he starts shouting at you - or even worse, other people getting injured when the pair of you start throwing punches.

Highly amusing coming from you who condoned crowd violence at the England game last weekend.

As I said, feck all to do with you if I decide to protect myself and family. 

Masks are for the protection of others, not the wearers. How effective they actually are is debatable but the theory is that they reduce the chance of those spit particles you mention landing on surfaces which are then touched by others. As long as he was civil about it, I don't see an issue with what he did.

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Highly amusing coming from you who condoned crowd violence at the England game last weekend.

As I said, feck all to do with you if I decide to protect myself and family. 

Is showing empathy for people who can't afford to pay £180+ for a ticket the same thing as condoning crowd violence? :lol:  

My point is that you probably put your family in more danger, it's up to the police to stop crime, not you.

He is within his rights to tell you to mind your own business unless you hold a position of authority.

31 minutes ago, Slarti said:
40 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Masks are for the protection of others, not the wearers. How effective they actually are is debatable but the theory is that they reduce the chance of those spit particles you mention landing on surfaces which are then touched by others. As long as he was civil about it, I don't see an issue with what he did.

Scotrail staff and police are trained in how to de-escalate situations, they'll also be trained in how to ask someone to wear a mask without causing a scene - it doesn't help them to have others on the train get involved. 

As for masks - if you've got a medical grade N95 mask, or one of the decent paper ones that are thrown away after each use, it would certainly make a difference.

The fact is that the average mask someone wears on a daily basis is just worn to achieve compliance to avoid the wrath of people like Faraway. It's probably not been washed in days/weeks - and likely to be full of bacteria.

It's a ridiculous concept to insist that everyone wears a flimsy bit of dirty cloth over their face to make others feel safe.

Edited by Doakes

5 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Is showing empathy for people who can't afford to pay £180+ for a ticket the same thing as condoning crowd violence? :lol:  

My point is that you probably put your family in more danger, it's up to the police to stop crime, not you.

He is within his rights to tell you to mind your own business unless you hold a position of authority.

Scotrail staff and police are trained in how to de-escalate situations, they'll also be trained in how to ask someone to wear a mask without causing a scene - it doesn't help them to have others on the train get involved. 

As for masks - if you've got a medical grade N95 mask, or one of the decent paper ones that are thrown away after each use, it would certainly make a difference.

The fact is that the average mask someone wears on a daily basis is just worn to achieve compliance to avoid the wrath of people like Faraway. It's probably not been washed in days/weeks - and likely to be full of bacteria.

It's a ridiculous concept to insist that everyone wears a flimsy bit of dirty cloth over their face to make others feel safe.

😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Where did he say he ordered him? FS asked him to wear the mask on his nose and mouth rather than keep his chin warm.

We all hate wearing masks, but there are reasons for doing so and some medical reasons for not. This guy was just being inconsiderate to others in a confined public space. FS lost his father to this disease. Maybe you should take that into consideration before jumping to conclusions about the actual conversation that took place.

You even went as far as posting in P&B about FS….

Here's a thought which has been occupying my mind for a hour or so.

On the sister site Black and White Army, someone is boasting about taking someone in their 20s to task on a train for not wearing a mask. That seems an awfully stupid thing to do.

I wonder how many "have a go heroes" are going to try their arm at pressuring people to mask up as things progress through the summer. Especially in London on the Tube or in Manchester where puppet mayors have decided to play God but let others worry about enforcement.

Surely it's only a matter of time before someone gets a smack in the face or a kick up their arse for trying to police others? Are we going to see people attacked with weapons? Knife crime is pretty common in these places.

There isn't a chance I'd ever try to "sort out" someone I didn't know in public unless they were causing a real danger to others.

Any P&B-ers out there planning on allowing their egos to get the better of them and start demanding that strangers mask up on the trains? Has anyone tried it?

What I find amusing is that you spent over an hour pondering this request by FS. What an odd individual you are. You could not even deal with media frenzy over a perceived toilet roll shortage and went into panic mode at the start of this pandemic. 

Have you never spoken to someone about antisocial behaviour in your life? I’m sure most of us have a some point in our life.

You refuse to wear a mask in public shops now you are double jabbed. Maybe someone might take offence at your selfish attitude and decide to stab you - preferably right up your anus. You are after all a pain in the arse.

It's coz he's socially inadequate and has no experience of the day to day life most have on this forum. 

So, he tries to make himself relevant crawling around for acceptance, peddling his narrow minded views while trying to be part of the crowd.

Am irrelevance TBH. 

How do you know that faraway hasn't been trained in how to de-escalate situations? Even if he hasn't, a simple "excuse me mate, any chance you could put your mask back on" would suffice.

I did say that it is debatable how effective they are.

It's coz he's socially inadequate and has no experience of the day to day life most have on this forum. 
So, he tries to make himself relevant crawling around for acceptance, peddling his narrow minded views while trying to be part of the crowd.
Am irrelevance TBH. 

This!! He tried it on with me - getting all hysterical over an innocent comment that I made (in context I would add), tried to get me into trouble and ended up getting himself into a terrible mess, he took a real beating then, I’ve always said there’s bigger issues at play here!!

13 hours ago, Slarti said:

How do you know that faraway hasn't been trained in how to de-escalate situations? Even if he hasn't, a simple "excuse me mate, any chance you could put your mask back on" would suffice.

I did say that it is debatable how effective they are.

Almost my exact words, with a "thanks" added on. 

On 7/14/2021 at 3:16 PM, Brilliant Disguise said:

Agree Totally

Jason Leitch has forgotten than he is an advisor not a policy maker. Think him and a few others are enjoying the publicity just s bit too much

Covid is never going away. It’s just something we need to learn to live with

He is the national clinical director 

directors make policy

I’d agree he needs a bit of a talking to

It's nice to see someone at Sage finally admit this.

A few of us have been banging on about this for over a year now on various forums.

Such a shame he didn't think to speak up before all this mask obsessing began.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/17/cloth-face-masks-comfort-blankets-do-little-curb-covid-spread/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_AxdbmR7tGYPz

He must be the lone loon left in Sage, then.

it is NOW generally accepted by scientists who actually work in that field that masks impede the spread of aerosol droplets from an infected person, thus diminishing the spread of the virus.

I was extremely sceptical that masks offered protection to those who wore them from the pandemic’s outset… but have been convinced by the evidence cited that it does help stop the proliferation of infective aerosols.

Masks ARE effective.  Understanding why that may be, is perhaps too big a mental step for some to take.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Going up to a random stranger and telling them to put a face mask on is a complete brass neck.

Is it? 

Taking into account they could have the virus I'll stand by my decision to reduce the chances of my wife and myself catching this.

Allowing people to break the rules, confined space for a lengthy period of time, is utterly irresponsible. 

The fact that the wee boy had wore his mask then taken it off gives FS the right to ask him to put it back on

The problems begin if he replies “f**k off ya old W

Edited by HSS

The fact that the wee boy had wore his mask then taken it off gives FS the right to ask him to put it back on
The problems begin if he replies “f**k off ya old W[emoji572]“
Why would that be a problem, it's an apt description? [emoji16]