Coronavirus

faraway saint

On 8/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, BuddieinEK said:

I'll add racism to your list of failings!

"In the 1860s, "snowflake" was used by abolitionists in Missouri to refer to those who opposed the abolition of slavery. The term referred to the colour of snow, referring to valuing white people over black people."

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
49 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Drama Queen. emoji38.png

Queen

You stupidly accuse bazil of racism yet are quite happy throwing around homophobic insults?

Oh dear. :byebye

Is no one else getting worried that the vaccines don't seem to be stopping transmission? UK and Israel up there with the most vaccinated places on earth, but cases increasing rather than dropping - English schools going back won't help matters. 

Fingers crossed for a drop in cases before winter hits.

Also the drop off in antibodies for those vaccinated. The prediction earlier in the thread of boosters every 6 months isn't looking too far off. 

Interesting study done in Israel regarding natural immunity is worth a look

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv 

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Is no one else getting worried that the vaccines don't seem to be stopping transmission? UK and Israel up there with the most vaccinated places on earth, but cases increasing rather than dropping - English schools going back won't help matters. 

Fingers crossed for a drop in cases before winter hits.

Also the drop off in antibodies for those vaccinated. The prediction earlier in the thread of boosters every 6 months isn't looking too far off. 

Interesting study done in Israel regarding natural immunity is worth a look

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv 

Why are you getting worried about cases?

The vaccine HAS broken the chain in serious illness and deaths, that's the important statistic.

You should get a job for the BBC, they love scaremongering. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why are you getting worried about cases?

The vaccine HAS broken the chain in serious illness and deaths, that's the important statistic.

You should get a job for the BBC, they love scaremongering. 

More the winter I'm concerned about

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Nope
Fail.
Wasn't talking to or about you.
I guess you miss me, oh needy one.

Just say the word & you won't get a message from me ever again. (as long as I'm not referenced by you directly or indirectly) :whistle

You are the one with the view that any word associated with intolerance regardless of what the context happens to be, is the person being intolerant. I pointed out I was using snowflake in another "context" that was irrelevant to you. Double standards. 

image.png.8443acd6b577053a3557818cacc57ac4.png

Just say the word & you won't get a message from me ever again. (as long as I'm not referenced by you directly or indirectly) :whistle
You are the one with the view that any word associated with intolerance regardless of what the context happens to be, is the person being intolerant. I pointed out I was using snowflake in another "context" that was irrelevant to you. Double standards. 
Desperate.
Fail.

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You, unusually, are 100% correct.

He's one of his favourite terms, a hypocrite and hasn't the balls to admit he fecked up and walk away. 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Yet again, I wasn't talking to or about you.
You just cannot let it go.
You need me in your life. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

That’s fine, I haven’t said I won’t respond to you even if you aren’t talking to me, it’s a discussion forum I’ll post where I like. I have offered to stop though if you want to go back to the deal you proposed, you haven’t answered. 

Words can have more than one meaning & should be taken in ‘context’ beep, beep, beep 😂😂😂

That’s fine, I haven’t said I won’t respond to you even if you aren’t talking to me, it’s a discussion forum I’ll post where I like. I have offered to stop though if you want to go back to the deal you proposed, you haven’t answered. 

Words can have more than one meaning & should be taken in ‘context’ beep, beep, beep [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Exactly.
In the context I used it, I was 100% correct, as has since been further evidenced. [emoji41]

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Exactly.
In the context I used it, I was 100% correct, as has since been further evidenced. emoji41.png

So I'll engage with you as and when I want, I'm not the one backtracking on posts. 

And in the context I used snowflake, it was the same. Your claim was any use of the word "snowflake" must be racist & not only linked to it's more common and modern meaning as a criticism.

I'm only applying your standards on the use of words. You've had a nightmare & too proud to admit you've made an ar*e of it. :clapping

With no excess deaths in 2021, the fact is that the pandemic was over in May last year.

All the vulnerable that were going to die, died back then - and they mainly caught it in healthcare settings.

Lockdowns protected the healthy and wealthy, shunting the burden of the pandemic onto the vulnerable and the working class.

Edited by Sue Denim