Coronavirus

faraway saint

On 9/8/2021 at 11:56 PM, Sue Denim said:

With no excess deaths in 2021, the fact is that the pandemic was over in May last year.

All the vulnerable that were going to die, died back then - and they mainly caught it in healthcare settings.

Lockdowns protected the healthy and wealthy, shunting the burden of the pandemic onto the vulnerable and the working class.

Lockdowns may not have gone away, my wife works for DWP and everyone has just been told to work from home indefinitely.

9 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Lockdowns may not have gone away, my wife works for DWP and everyone has just been told to work from home indefinitely.

Many organisations/companies will "utilise" Covid for a long time.

Services will remain shite and Covid will be the reason. 

IMO lock downs HAVE gone away, time will tell. 

43 minutes ago, Slash said:

Most of the government agencies are the worst.

Earlier this week I had to call the same government agency, kept on hold for 45minutes and then when the first query was answered I had to phone a different department as the first could not pass me through. So another 45minute wait before I got an answer.

DVLA - It took around 6months for one of my daughter’s provisional license to be approved despite them having all the relevant paperwork, passport and birth certificate. 

Theory tests are months in advance. Often young adults in Scotland are traveling to England to take a test.

Practical tests I understand there would be some delays due to lockdowns, but again its months in advance to book a test.

Too much money has been spunked by DWP & JobCentre+ with piss poor contract management with different service providers. Many of the legacy systems cannot be accessed by customers through the digital gateway. Frankly they need a major overhaul, but they probably don’t have the money to do it because it gets spunked away.

And let’s not get started on the NHS.

BTW Hendo - you will like this.

7F235791-A614-4D8E-974D-B6DEE2105EF6.jpeg.87c8363fdd4ffa0609123a58c0019529.jpeg

Totally agree with you especially with the dvla situation as where it would take a couple of weeks for new drivers to obtain a provisional psv licence in order to start, now its taking 5/6 months by which time more drivers leave as other fields of employment are having to start paying better money. In same respect this ludicrous situation is also causing the problem with the hgv situation. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The futile attempts to keep dying 82 year olds alive for an extra month are killing children.

Those who supported it- this is all on you 

Covid in Scotland: Non-urgent surgery postponed at Aberdeen children's hospital

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-58676794

Where does that article say children are dying from non-urgent, postponed surgery? 

Your claim throughout this has been lockdown & Covid strategy has killed more than the virus. Still unfounded. 

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

The futile attempts to keep dying 82 year olds alive for an extra month are killing children.

Gie it a fecking rest. :1eye

6 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

I would hope that you are making these no doubt thoroughly researched claims in a more mainstream arena than an obscure football forum if you are as serious as your obsession would appear to suggest!

On 9/24/2021 at 12:39 PM, antrin said:

As the graphs make no reference to how many vaccinated were in the deaths any spurious suppositions are childish.

“tragically”… the majority of deaths will likely be anti-vaxxers.  

Tragically, you provide no evidence for your childish claims 

these deaths are on you 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:01 PM, bazil85 said:

Where does that article say children are dying from non-urgent, postponed surgery? 

Your claim throughout this has been lockdown & Covid strategy has killed more than the virus. Still unfounded. 

“Excessive” deaths

your statement highlights that you haven’t got a clue

*your* policies have killed tens of thousands 

Edited by Sue Denim

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Tragically, you provide no evidence for your childish claims 

these deaths are on you 

No one needs to provide evidence to reject spurious suppositions.

similarly, I won’t bother seeking your ‘evidence’ for the claim, “these deaths are on you”.

I merely dismiss it as more mince! :lol:  :P

6 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

“Excessive” deaths

your statement highlights that you haven’t got a clue

*your* policies have killed tens of thousands 

I took the correction probably about a year ago. Says more about how small minded you are that you can’t accept it & move on. You’ve been proven wrong consistently through this argument. 

Covid a far bigger killer than management strategies but there was sadly no approach where everyone lives. 

The pandemic wasn’t ‘over’ before mid-2020 as you claimed. 

I tried to complete the new Scottish Covid Passport........................no workie, like many people seemingly.
I'm assuming the download I have of my vaccination status would suffice if I attended any event that required proof of vaccination? 
image.thumb.png.0fe5c2d409a9474da61a94e0e841a54c.png
Did my own on Friday morning, had real issues and more than a few goes but persevered and got there. It was another 24 hours before the info was fully available, mind.

Did hers a hour or so ago and it went through nae bother, probably about 15-20 mins from start to finish.

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Did my own on Friday morning, had real issues and more than a few goes but persevered and got there. It was another 24 hours before the info was fully available, mind.

Did hers a hour or so ago and it went through nae bother, probably about 15-20 mins from start to finish.

Sent from my BAH2-W19 using Tapatalk

I'll try again, cheers. :thumbs2

58 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

Worked a treat.

I'm attending an event in Glasgow next month, not sure I'd need this but better to be ahead of the game.

Thanks again.