Coronavirus

faraway saint

I wonder who, or what organisation, will be brave enough to totally drop the continuing mask wearing fiasco? 

Out for a meal last Friday, you get to the door, put on a mask to walk the 20 yards to the table and take it off.

Eat meal, put the damn mask back on to walk the same 20 yards to the door then take it off.

Gies piece, someone somewhere make the decision. 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:14 AM, faraway saint said:

I wonder who, or what organisation, will be brave enough to totally drop the continuing mask wearing fiasco? 

Out for a meal last Friday, you get to the door, put on a mask to walk the 20 yards to the table and take it off.

Eat meal, put the damn mask back on to walk the same 20 yards to the door then take it off.

Gies piece, someone somewhere make the decision. 

My mistake, this would be a government decision, wee Nicky will err on the side of so called safety and masks will be worn for the forseeable.

Wonder of she's got shares in mask producers? 

28 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

UK now on 50000 cases a day and we are yet into winter, another shutdown coming?

I haven't looked into the figures but how do they break down as far as the separate nations are concerned? Is it mainly England who have relaxed their rules far more than the other countries? If so, there really is no need for Scotland, Wales or NI to change tact.

Scotland is staying pretty steady in cases, which, unless they develop into high numbers in ICU & deaths are nothing to worry about.

Oh, UK figure for today is 49, 139.

Scottish cases below...............

image.thumb.png.bc21d01b15cbb75cf00c70512c7ec1b5.png

Scottish deaths, also not showing any signs of climbing.......................

image.thumb.png.6e36e84b9ba18016fc0e811640f301b4.png

ICU numbers dropping......................

image.thumb.png.c56ac82229dd0e1a8eec30e272e8d4bd.png

All in all today's headlines are closer to scaremongering than worrying.

Even the UK death numbers are barely rising. 

51 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I haven't looked into the figures but how do they break down as far as the separate nations are concerned? Is it mainly England who have relaxed their rules far more than the other countries? If so, there really is no need for Scotland, Wales or NI to change tact.

This is a good site for Scottish numbers.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

16 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

UK now on 50000 cases a day and we are yet into winter, another shutdown coming?

What did you want? The government vaccinated the population, i.e., infected healthy people with the virus. They spread the virus to other healthy people - the number of sick people increased. And it will grow even more.
The only way to fight the virus is to increase a person's immunity. I don't see any other way.

10 hours ago, Pokitren said:

What did you want? The government vaccinated the population, i.e., infected healthy people with the virus. They spread the virus to other healthy people - the number of sick people increased. And it will grow even more.
The only way to fight the virus is to increase a person's immunity. I don't see any other way.

Eh?

It's people, like you, posting utter shite that continue to slow down the obvious positive effects of the vaccination. :1eye

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is no less news about Covid, so I increasingly remember that I was very lucky even before the epidemic began. In 2016, I came across one interesting company and I immediately started reading progressive insurance reviews and decided that it was worth playing it safe and taking care of life insurance for my relatives in advance. And it just so happened that it turned out to be very opportune, since now the demand for health insurance has grown very much. 

15 minutes ago, markgilson80 said:

Yes, there is no less news about Covid, so I increasingly remember that I was very lucky even before the epidemic began. In 2016, I came across one interesting company and I immediately started reading progressive insurance reviews and decided that it was worth playing it safe and taking care of life insurance for my relatives in advance. And it just so happened that it turned out to be very opportune, since now the demand for health insurance has grown very much. 

FFS, how do these f**kwits get through? 

Caught a bit of a news repost the Scottish government are scaremongering again.

The FACTS are that the cases, hospital admissions and deaths are flatlining yet they are putting the message out there that the vaccine passport system might be spread to pubs? 

FFS, when is this madness going to follow common sense and slowly be removed from our society? 

Would it still be in place is one person died? 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Caught a bit of a news repost the Scottish government are scaremongering again.

The FACTS are that the cases, hospital admissions and deaths are flatlining yet they are putting the message out there that the vaccine passport system might be spread to pubs? 

FFS, when is this madness going to follow common sense and slowly be removed from our society? 

Would it still be in place is one person died? 

Check the "numbers".

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

• 2 weeks later...

With the important numbers showing no increase, slightly decreasing TBH, why is wee Nicky wittering about further restrictions for hospitality?

She's been shitting the bed for month's.

Anyhow glad this thread's all but redundant, been an absolute belter of a thread. 

Cracking posts, reflecting people's views, whither guided by their political likes/dislikes, personal experiences and the utter dimwits who believe anything they find on the internet. :lol:

Aye, a cracking thread and it's been a cracking way to pass the time over the last 20 months or so. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

BBC News - Merkel: Germany hit by full force of Covid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59320515

Have you done some digging or just getting excited by the headlines?

The common theme is low vaccination rates, resulting in massive rises in cases but still, overall, not the same rises in ICU & deaths. 

The numbers worth worrying about are not rising, in Scotland, and most European countries, with cases. 

Germany, for instance, are at an average of 187 deaths, which, admittedly, have risen from an average of 50-60 6 weeks ago. 

Also many of the countries where the numbers are rising are ex-eastern block, with poor health systems.

Getting back to Scotland, the numbers, cases, ICU and deaths, don't point towards increasing current restrictions. 

As I said, apples to oranges.